2007 team captains

Yes, I'm bored! We have many weeks of winter ahead of us before the spring game, and then we have summer to get through before fall camp arrives, so...

Who will be named team captains in 2007? Does Sam Keller get the job with just one year as a Husker?

From what I've heard about Keller and his attitude, I sure hope he's named captain.

I hope Keller isn't a captain, I think that would be a knock on guys that have been in the program for four or five years that deserve it way more. You're probably looking at Ruud, (yes Ruud,) Byford, and Green maybe? Those are just a few guesses.

I know what you mean about Keller, but it seems like it's been a long time since we've had an in-your-face type of leader and I think it hurts us by not having that.

Good question !!!

One would think that Green would have the nod on defense.....he has been through a lot with position changes.... Another could be McKeon....verbally, he has tried to be the leader...

Offensively.... Byford makes sense.....and I know he drops a lot of passes, but Nunn my be a possiblity.

I will give Keller the chance, but here is a kid that was voted out by his team mates, for supposed used of the nose candy. How you can even consider him to be a captain at this time is really out there.

As stated give him time and see where he really is. But his history is not good and if he were starting at Colorado, KState or Oklahoma, not one here would have a kind word to say about him. He is here and I will take BC's dicission on it. But never a chance of being a captain in my mind.

Has anyone heard anything about how Keller gets along with the rest of the team and what they think of him? Just curious.

Last time I heard anything was that he gets on receivers for dropping balls or linemen missing blocks, but hasn't eveer offended anyone. Most of players respect that. He's just a leader that wants to win and isn't afraid to speak out. Something this team has missed since 2000 with Raiola.