Things to Improve On

Lucky- hit the hole harder. Keep practicing running routes and possibly add a few more into your arsenal. Possbily get stronger so that your back holds up next year and you can take the pounding if you have to carry the rock 20+ times a game. Work on blitz pickups and recongize when to block or release into open area. Work with Keller in the passing game.

Glenn- keep learning the playbook. Possibly work in the weight room to get quicker and faster. Work on hitting the hole hard so that you are the short yardage and goal line back next year. Get healthy. Don't give the coaches a reason to not play you. Work on blitz pickups and recieving out of the backfield. Possibly learn some fullback so that we can get two quality backs on the field together. Work with Keller in the passing game. Get healthy.

Wilson- practice hanging on to the football. Learn the playbook. Work on recognizing blitzes and picking them up in blocking. Also, work on catching the football to become an all around back. Keep running people over. Work with Keller in the passing game.

Castille- learn the playbook. Possibly learn the fullback position too. Show the coaches why you want to be an everydown back. Learn pass blocking and recieving out of the backfield. Play Hard.

Other backs- learn the playbook. Contribute on special teams to get a feel for the speed of the game. Run hard. Learn the blitz pickups and routes out of the backfield. A few need to learn and master the fullback position. Might be the best and quickest way to see the field for the Cornhuskers.

These are just my thoughts on what they need to work on over the offseason. Please feel free to say what you think they need to work and improve on.

Bernard,

I totally agree with you on this one. This kid is not the answer we are looking for. He just does not have it as far as I am concerned, but I have been saying since day one. Hope I am wrong, but have seen little to make me think different. Maybe with more carries this year I will see what obviously BC and staff see. I sure hope so as we are going to be hard pressed to replace Brandon.

People get on me for my total lack of faith in Ruud but it appears there are way more Lucky bashers than Ruud bashers, which to me is mind boggling.

Here is a kid with gifts that a majority of college players dont possess. he has improved drastically year to year and game to game. he has break away speed, can catch the ball, and block. if his improvement stays on course as the last 2 years he will be awesome next year

so many people on here keep telling me that the coaches play the best player. RIGHT? WELL then they need to heed their own advice. Jax was healthy at the bowl game, yet the coaches "who play the best players" played lucky. oh yeah he had almost 75% of the teams total yardage against a Defense that many considered top 5 in the country.

Now before going off the deep end remember the quotes that are all over this site. "THE COACHES PLAY THE BEST PLAYERS"

I get drilled for not wanting ruud in the game, but he gets defended by you, many of the same people wanting Lucky gone. Im Lost, you want a guy at LB that doesnt hit, is slow, and undertalented YET you want rid of a guy with all the potential in the world who is slowly yet surely growing into that potential day by day

thank you for your time

sincerely

MR CONFUSED

landon,

I don't want Lucky gone. I just have never seen the up side. Not since day one. He played in one of the easiest conferences in California. He was head and shoulders bigger than most linemen on his team and conference.

I have not seen the improvement that some have seen. Some have said he has patience, I see a lack of decession, or thinking to much before hitting the hole. His two step in the back field just drives me nuts. I have yet to see him block adequately for a game. Possilby one or two a game, but Zac spent his life fun running due to missed blocks by Lucky, Glen and Wilson.

He is not being touted as all conference as Rudd is.

Actions on the field are what matters. Rudd may not be the hitter we all like, but survival to play every play is important as long as the job gets done.

Too many people looked at Lucky's 5 stars and assumed he was going to do what Adrian Peterson did. If you compare him to the other top backs from his class he's right on schedule. He had a significant impact on the offense last year both in the running and passing game - as a sophomore.

If he hadn't split time with the other 3 guys he probably would have had stats just as good or better than Jonathan Stewart (the top rated running back of '05) at Oregon and Jamaal Charles (also highly rated) at Texas.

His junior year is coming when he'll have the opportunity to be as much of a feature back as Callahan will have in this offense.

I don't get to analyze tape. But the Big 12 coaches seem to feel his all conference. I think I am correct on that, not being a smart ass. Just thought that is what I had heard.

Rudd just gets the job done. I think there are better on the team, and will most likely see them emerge this year. I am not a big fan of either for that matter. But I am not totally impressed with any of the supposed hitters we have. There does not seem to be a lot of fear going into our coverage. I don't know if that is what they are being taught, due to depth or it is their nature. Currently we have no head hunters that I am aware of. Playmakers on defense.

Same can be said about the offense.

These are the differences between Nebraska and the top 10 programs at this time.

in conjunction with the health statement and the adrian peterson statement

petersen is a stud, he was handed the ball 30+ times a game as a freshman on a very very good team with a much less complicated offense. Lucky was not thrown in the fire partly due to the fact that we werent that good and our offense is extremely complicated.

It was stated that ruud is healthy all the time so he should play. AP hurt all the time yet he is still a stud.

you cant compare the 2 not fair. throw lucky on that team in that situation we would be talking differently about Lucky

Too many people looked at Lucky's 5 stars and assumed he was going to do what Adrian Peterson did. If you compare him to the other top backs from his class he's right on schedule. He had a significant impact on the offense last year both in the running and passing game - as a sophomore.

If he hadn't split time with the other 3 guys he probably would have had stats just as good or better than Jonathan Stewart (the top rated running back of '05) at Oregon and Jamaal Charles (also highly rated) at Texas.

His junior year is coming when he'll have the opportunity to be as much of a feature back as Callahan will have in this offense.

my take on the guy is IF he was as good as Stuart......he WOULDN'T have had to split playing time...he still isn't playing like a 5 star guy.....not that he is bad, he just isn't THAT good....

skers i agree with all you just said other than ruud gets it done. i saw things differently. i saw someone getting beat all the time and getting 10 tackle a game which was really 20 half tackle cuz he piled on at the end

I'm just curious. Did you feel the same way about his older brother? I always thought his older brother was nothing more than a pile flopper as well. I guess I'm still bitter about the combines where he took over a tenth of a second off his 40 and said it was due to laying off the beer. I guess playing for the Huskers wasn't motivating enough for him.