tom osborne

rsd2005

Creighton offered Dr. T a job speaking with their athletes and other students blah blah blah short version

Dr. T said he wanted to do something and didn't want to approach NU and seem like he was sticking his nose in BC's business and no one from the athletic department had approached him so he accepted the CU job. When I first read that kinda freaked out when I read CU :wtf but it was Creighton :moreinteresting

Rawhide, lmao...........TO played in the B eight, do you remember that.............when the Big 12 was officially organized, TO bailed, because he knew he couldn't compete.............plain and simple........also, who here remembers that TO interviewed for jobs at Houston and Michigan State right after he "retired" from NU? BC is doing something that TO knew he couldn't accomplish. And TO is very pissed about it!!!!!!

Rawhide, lmao...........TO played in the B eight, do you remember that.............when the Big 12 was officially organized, TO bailed, because he knew he couldn't compete.............plain and simple........also, who here remembers that TO interviewed for jobs at Houston and Michigan State right after he "retired" from NU? BC is doing something that TO knew he couldn't accomplish. And TO is very pissed about it!!!!!!

Quite the Mel Gibson rant conspiracy theorist aren't ya? Yes Coach Osborne did express interest in those jobs after he left Nebraska. The factors that played into his leaving Nebraska were well covered in another thread. Fear that he couldn't compete certainly wasn't one of them. Coach Osborne had a stellar record against top 10 teams his last decade and playing a couple Texas teams wasn't about to change that. There wouldn't have been the drop off in recruiting because kids line up to play for the icons. If he found it necessary Coach Osborne may even have changed the offense for the third time in his tenure.

You can keep pissing into a hurricane wind but you aren't going to accomplish much.

I very seldom use these :), but RSD you are a :asshat.

Liking BC should be a given, and most here do, or are beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel. But attacking Coach Osborne is way over the top.

Calm down, I doubt that Coach Osborne has a single feeling like yours. Way to much class.

Sleep on it, take an asprin and call us in the morning.

you are an :asshat

BigRedinOmaha, you can't even beilieve the lie you just told.............really, are you serious?.......what are you, like 13? The Almighty God, named TO asked for his name to be removed from the field(is that a hint), he was very lucky that a guy named Bob Devaney handed him the reins............btw, there is a guy who is still the Defensive Coordinator at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who left NU the day TO was named head coach...................I don't know about you, but i don't want to wait 20 years for another NC!

to bad there is not an assclown, assnugget, or an assmunch smiley to use here, because you have earned one of them all

hey husker rob and your friend, is that all you have? c'mon you are more intelligent than letting cartoons speak for you, aren't you?

if you really want to get something started, go into the woodshed and start a topic and we will see if you have what it takes

until then, shhhhhhhh adults are speaking here