Company Holiday

Irregular News for 02.02.07

Indianapolis, IN -- Monarch Beverage Co. told all 630 employees to stay home the day after Super Bowl XLI and enjoy some free beers during their bonus long weekend.

The beer-and-wine distributor decided to make Monday a paid holiday and plans to send workers home Thursday and Friday with a six-pack of Blue Moon beer and a Super Bowl T-shirt.

Indianapolis-based Monarch runs operation centers in Indianapolis, Evansville and New Albany. Company officials said they decided to make Monday a holiday after they fielded more requests for time off than they could grant.

"The Colts' wins have had an extraordinary impact on our business, and we want to return that support," Monarch Beverage CEO Phil Terry said.

source

Do you think it would be wise for me to bring this idea up to my boss at the next meeting?

Screw that go to congress and make it a law

Ask and ye shall receive. There is an Internet petition that you can sign for just this. It will be presented to a member of Congress once enough votes are obtained. The site is HERE.

The site has been getting a tonne of hits since the media took notice, and it may not be accessible all the time - I just tried it and it was off-line, so check back every few hours or days.