Nebraskans for NU-OU Tradition

Meh, get things done on the field and we'll play each other every year in the championship game.

I think that was the prevailing thought when the conference was formed.

SoonerOLB, the reason NU became dominant was chasing that carrot that was OU. You are absolutely right on that, but when we got there, you guys were nowhere to be found. Now you guys are back to a top level and the Huskers are working their way back as well. Personally, I want a rematch of last year's Big 12 title game next year and every year for that matter. OU-NU is a good rivalry for college football and it will be awesome when both programs are playing at a high level at the same time.

Yes, it would be good for college football. Just getting to the game is a tough row to how. I have been waiting for Mizzu to finally break through, I kinda thought that they might be the real deal, but every year they seem to disappoint. Strange how the North is of late, up for grabs. With the two new coachs up there, Colorado and Iowa State, it can only improve in my estimation. It will be interesting to see how Keller responds, this is his fith year in D-! ball, and had success at ASU, so he should do OK in '07. I know that Stoops wanted him. It should be a very interesting season coming up.

Oh by the way I'm sorry to hear about Maron Lucky's suicide attempt, I hope he comes through Ok.

Go big Red, Boomer Sooner

What suicide attempt!!!!???? :nutz

The excessive amount of pills he took a couple of weeks ago, I saw it on a USC web site a couple of weeks ago, an "apparent" suicide attempt. It was reported here in L.A. also. His High School coach is out here in North Hollywood CA. I hear he was distraught over some break up with some girlfriend or something. I hope he comes through ok and gets the needed help. They covered it on the news out here how his parents in Dallas were crack heads and he was sent to the L.A. area for some parental guidence.

Its so sad that so many of these black football players come from such torn backgrounds.

I pray that this kid will be OK.

Time to raise the bullsh#t flag!!!! That's all hearsay and rumors!!!! Nothing is confirmed so I can't agree........

Meh, get things done on the field and we'll play each other every year in the championship game.

I think that was the prevailing thought when the conference was formed.

SoonerOLB, the reason NU became dominant was chasing that carrot that was OU. You are absolutely right on that, but when we got there, you guys were nowhere to be found. Now you guys are back to a top level and the Huskers are working their way back as well. Personally, I want a rematch of last year's Big 12 title game next year and every year for that matter. OU-NU is a good rivalry for college football and it will be awesome when both programs are playing at a high level at the same time.

Yes, it would be good for college football. Just getting to the game is a tough row to how. I have been waiting for Mizzu to finally break through, I kinda thought that they might be the real deal, but every year they seem to disappoint. Strange how the North is of late, up for grabs. With the two new coachs up there, Colorado and Iowa State, it can only improve in my estimation. It will be interesting to see how Keller responds, this is his fith year in D-! ball, and had success at ASU, so he should do OK in '07. I know that Stoops wanted him. It should be a very interesting season coming up.

Oh by the way I'm sorry to hear about Maron Lucky's suicide attempt, I hope he comes through Ok.

Go big Red, Boomer Sooner

What suicide attempt!!!!???? :nutz

The excessive amount of pills he took a couple of weeks ago, I saw it on a USC web site a couple of weeks ago, an "apparent" suicide attempt. It was reported here in L.A. also. His High School coach is out here in North Hollywood CA. I hear he was distraught over some break up with some girlfriend or something. I hope he comes through ok and gets the needed help. They covered it on the news out here how his parents in Dallas were crack heads and he was sent to the L.A. area for some parental guidence.

Its so sad that so many of these black football players come from such torn backgrounds.

I pray that this kid will be OK.

Time to raise the bullsh#t flag!!!! That's all hearsay and rumors!!!! Nothing is confirmed so I can't agree........

I live in SoCal, and a couple of weeks back I saw something on one of the local sports channels about him. I think he played at North Hollwood High, or somewhere in the San Fernando Valley. They said it was an apparent suicide attempt ,or an overdose. Just thought I would throw it your way.

I had to check twice to see what topic I was reading, Lucky or OUvs. NU

NU vs. OU is a fond memory to me and that's it.

Times have changed but more importantly the schools and staff have changed so much that to me it's just another game.

ABC tried like hell to build up the Big 12 CG last year but all it amounted to was some nice vintage highlights

Times have changed but more importantly the schools and staff have changed so much that to me it's just another game.

ABC tried like hell to build up the Big 12 CG last year but all it amounted to was some nice vintage highlights

Thats the way most OU fans see it as well. I concur.

Hmm I don't know anything about a suicide attempt. Last I heard he was in the hospital due to an extreme allergic reaction to IBProfrin. Course I didn't get it first hand so I could be wrong.. but it wasn't a suicide attempt, that has been confirmed as has it having nothing to do with alcohol or any illicit or illegal substances.

Is that what they are telling you guys?

No, it's not. They aren't telling us anything, so we get to spread rumors instead. There's obviously something funny going on, I mean come on if it was really an allergic reaction to IBP I'm sure they'd have told us that.

But remember that patient confidentiality can stop ANYONE from talking. Lucky had to agree for his situation to be released.

Yes I understand that. But it doesn't change the fact that people will draw their own conclusions when they're not told what's going on. It's a complicated situation for sure.

Thats the way most OU fans see it as well. I concure.

Nice to see you "concure" with all of the OU fandom and "round the clock" Marlon Lucky coverage out here. <_<