BJax 40 time at combine

Looks like he ran a 4.57.......Lynch from Cali ran a 4.52 then a 4.49

This is what I'm talking about when you guys see recruits 40 times. A 4.7 or 4.8 is pretty damn fast for a high school kid......these times are electronic, on turf, in a controlled environment and most of these potential high draft picks are just barely breaking 4.4....

Great vert jump by Bjax. I expected him to run a little faster, but it shouldn't hurt him too much.

Speed is a definent asset, but he can block, catch very well, run with good power, cut and a good zone runner

Yeah you said it. Thats why he was so good for us.

Anyone else see KU's Cornish ran a 4.67? How in the heck did he run circles around us this year?

I read an article recently that talked about 40 times being more or less a relic. What the teams really look at are split times on shorter distances, 10 and 20 yards depending on possition. The 40 is more a guage of top speed, the splits are a better showing of burst speed. I would be willing to be Cornish has a much better burst than top speed.

I read an article recently that talked about 40 times being more or less a relic. What the teams really look at are split times on shorter distances, 10 and 20 yards depending on possition. The 40 is more a guage of top speed, the splits are a better showing of burst speed. I would be willing to be Cornish has a much better burst than top speed.

I bet Jacksons is very good as well.