QB Brendon Kay

If he end up at Michigan he must have wanted to go there for a long time and playing time must not matter to him at all. Seeing as how Michigan signed the best qb in the nation last year IMO, its pretty clear to me that he would be sitting behind him for the next three or four years, if hes ok with that then more power to him.

huskers1, if he were to run away from Michigan for the simple fact he's afraid of competing with someone like Ryan Mallet, then I don't really want him at Nebraska either.

You want those guys with the bulldog type mentality who will take on all competitors.

I've said it before and I'll say it again ... that is something that gets lost with these guys who go to USC, Texas and the Florida's of the world year after year. They know the amount of 4 and 5 star talents on each of those squads, but they simply don't care, because they want to compete.

So is the Eastern Michigan part a typo? If not, I say we have a hell of a chance at landing this guy.

If it is just between the two of us, then yes we have a real good shot at landing the guy, but it is early, and he will get a bunch more offers from teams a little better than Eastern Michigan and probally a little better than Nebraska. Though it would be nice if he committed before all the other teams offered him.

My point was that this day in age players are so concerned with playing right away, and if there is no chance they will go to some place that will allow that. Unless you are USC, Texas, or one of the Florida schools it seems to me at least that you have to be a little bare to get top notch athletes. If you look at the top 20 players this year they are all pretty much going to USC, Texas, Florida, LSU, and Tennessee otherwise to places that they will play right away.

C'mon now, that is a little silly, don't you think?

Many, many different factors play a big part in why certain athletes go to certain schools.

Look at Marvin Austin. He was not recruited to UNC until December. Coach Blake got in on him, formed a bond in a short amount of time, and became pretty much the sole reason why he chose to go to UNC.

Look at last season with Jarrett Lee. He knew he was going into a program with JaMarcus Russell only being a junior (no promise when he committed that Russell was leaving), Matt Flynn and Ryan Perriloux. At the same time, we only had Beck who could have provided future competition for Lee. Where did Lee go?

You could go back to the '06 class as well when we recruited Garrett Green late in the year. Three star QB who chose to go compete at USC instead of Nebraska.

Take a look at someone like Josh Freeman. Talented as all get out, but chose to have a starting job handed to him at KSU, rather than come to Nebraska and earn it. Is that the type of people you want playing for your program?

I'll say, before today I've never heard of this QB. If he comes to Nebraska, great. If he chooses us because he feels we can prepare him for the next level and develops a bond with our coaches, I'll love to have him. But if he, or any kid we recruit period, chooses NU because they like our depth chart, that's not exactly the kind of player I'd want representing Nebraska.

:yeah

C'mon now, that is a little silly, don't you think?

Many, many different factors play a big part in why certain athletes go to certain schools.

Look at Marvin Austin. He was not recruited to UNC until December. Coach Blake got in on him, formed a bond in a short amount of time, and became pretty much the sole reason why he chose to go to UNC.

Look at last season with Jarrett Lee. He knew he was going into a program with JaMarcus Russell only being a junior (no promise when he committed that Russell was leaving), Matt Flynn and Ryan Perriloux. At the same time, we only had Beck who could have provided future competition for Lee. Where did Lee go?

You could go back to the '06 class as well when we recruited Garrett Green late in the year. Three star QB who chose to go compete at USC instead of Nebraska.

Take a look at someone like Josh Freeman. Talented as all get out, but chose to have a starting job handed to him at KSU, rather than come to Nebraska and earn it. Is that the type of people you want playing for your program?

I'll say, before today I've never heard of this QB. If he comes to Nebraska, great. If he chooses us because he feels we can prepare him for the next level and develops a bond with our coaches, I'll love to have him. But if he, or any kid we recruit period, chooses NU because they like our depth chart, that's not exactly the kind of player I'd want representing Nebraska.

:yeah

Ok there are exceptions and Jarret Lee is one of them. However Marvin Austin knows he has a great chance of starting as a freshman, and Garret Green went to USC, one of the places that I said can pretty much get anyone. Along with Josh Freeman going to KSU to start right away. I am not saying that I want these guys either, my point was that it seems that unless youre USC, Texas, or a Florida school your depth chart is looked at a lot closer, IMO.

Marvin Austin isn't an exception. Marvin could walk into any single school in the country and be able to contribute in a positive way from day 1 (notice, I didn't say start, I said contribute).

Austin is just a freak of nature for just a HS player. Heck, he's physically more gifted than alot of juniors and seniors in college, right now.

But now I'm just getting off topic. :)

I'll go back to Brandon Kay from now on.

• 4 months later...