Swift going to be a forgotten man?

Swifty will alright. Seeing how BC likes to use so many multiple reciever sets, there is more than enuff to go around. Seemed to me that someone different had a chance to shine every week. From Hardy burning KU to Peterson's clutch catches at TAMU. IMO in this scheme, no one guy is featured. Its about reads and taking advantage of matchups. One week it might be Purify the next it might be Swift making big plays. Whats important is being there when your number is called.

He can actually catch the ball on a pretty consistent basis. I see him getting the time and making the big plays.

He's about the only damn receiver who can catch on a consistent basis. Nunn is literally 50/50, which is why he'll never play professionally.

Swift had a quiet soph season, not an unproductive one.

Brandon Jackson was non existent his junior year. Ahman Green was non existent his junior year. They both came back with a huge bang their junior years.

There's no way you keep Swift off the field. I see at least 25 catches this year......12 or so on third down when people are doubling up on Purify........Swift will be there in the slot

Lmao. NO HE ISNT. HE MIGHT BE YOUR FAVORITE BUT HE IS NOT THE BEST WR ON THE TEAM. His skill level alone is about 7 or 8. yes he does catch the ball with consistency but so does mopure and so will henry and holt and paul and brooks. i know you and several thousands of nebraskans love him but there is no way you can say with a straight face that he is the best.

April fools day was 10 days ago man

Hmmm...really. I actually can because he has proven it on the effing field. All these magical receivers that are "going to" be so awesome have yet to prove anything. ALL THE POTENTIAL IN THE WORLD MEANS SQUAT TO ME UNTIL I SEE SOME PRODUCTION. Granted, Purify had that for most of the season. But he STILL DIDNT know all of his routes by the end of the season (and, imho, set the tone of the game against Oklahoma with his fumble).

So, yes, overall...best wideout on the team. And I just said it with the straightest face ever.

His production was down for 2 reasons.

1. Taylor and the other QB realized that they had better targets

2. it takes Swift 2-3 tenths of a second longer to run his routes thus allowing DB's to cover him.

Purify didnt have the greatest numbers because every team doubled him because they knew that he was a much greater weapon than swift and somehow i think D-1 Big 12 coaches know a little bit about football.

If Swift is the best on our team we aint gonna be very good. AND I SAID ALL THAT WITH A VERY STRAIGHT YET WORRIED FACE

You have got to be one of the masses that also think Ruud is AWESOME and Grixby is really good, and since BJAX left we are doomed and Taylor was Montana.

Ruud sucks

Grixby right behind Ruud although i for one have much less of a problem with Courtney playing than Ruud

Bjax is not and will never be in Lucky league

And Taylor won Big 12 POY due to the system he was in (Cally won it for him basically) Taylor simply wasnt very good.

We will be a much better team if Holt and Henry and Brooks and Paul step up and play, if Keller gets the offense and wins the job, and if lucky gets all the carries, than we ever dreamed of being last year.

If we would additionally find a way to get Dillard on the field with McKeon and Octo and leave Ruud off we will be significantly better

and if Jones and Murillo step up and Bowmans recovery goes well or if Thenarse would move back to corner ( any combo that keeps Grixby off the field) we will be better still

If, if, if.

I'm not disagreeing with your hypotheticals. I'm just not selling the players that we actually have down the river.

I'm not a Ruud apologist. I think he's decent. He knows the defense. And he hasn't really been hurt a lot. All things I cannot say of Octavien.

Also...Grixby gets crapped on a lot. I don't think it's always his fault. If a safety helped the guy out EVER, things would have been a lot different.

And no, Taylor is not Montana. But I will say BJax is better than Lucky. Without hesitation. Hopefully, Lucky has improved and will prove me wrong. We'll see, of course.

Also...why will we be so much better playing true freshmen?

Regardless....you're one of the "potential" people. I'm a bit more realistic. I like to look at the players we have, versus the players I wish we had (ie: I look at what they've actually done on a football field, versus how "athletic" they are, or whatever).

Now that was well put and I respect it.

Octo is healthy now

Lucky (hopefully) will prove he is better than BJax

Not all true freshman just Thenarse

Not selling swift down the river. I should restate I hope the young WR are equal to all the hype that is put upon them. If they are then Swift is not the best WR and should not play. I want to win there for i hope they live up to the hype

After reading the Journal Star today, maybe swift "the best WR on the team" should be forgotten. Apparently he cant catch a cold let alone the ball. His position coach calls him out in the paper. Wow i guess all of us posters dont know it all.

Swift had the surest hands on the field last year, there is really no denying that. Maybe Gilmore is trying to light a fire under him.

After reading the Journal Star today, maybe swift "the best WR on the team" should be forgotten. Apparently he cant catch a cold let alone the ball. His position coach calls him out in the paper. Wow i guess all of us posters dont know it all.

Did you actually read the article? ALL the receivers are dropping the ball and Gilmore STILL has Swift ahead of the others because of that.