Swift going to be a forgotten man?

Anybody else kinda disappointed with Swift's reduced role last season? I mean, obviously the emergence of Purify kinda pushed him to the backburner a little bit, but after the 2005 season I thought that Swifty was going to be an All-Conference performer. Now, with Mo, Nunn, and the potential rise of Will Henry and other younger guys, Swift is going to be hard pressed to put up the kind of numbers many had anticipated after his big 2005 campaign.

Swift is going to continue to see the field because he is sure-handed, tough and runs good routes. It is unfortunate for him to not be able to get the numbers that he had as a frosh, but he should be a valuable contributor this next season. I look for him to get about 30 catches or so.

Swift actually had a good season. He was our number 5 receiver. Behind Nunn (42), Purify (34), Lucky (33), and Jackson (32). One problem last season was Taylor dumping the ball off to our running backs. Jackson and Lucky caught 65 passes between them. Taylor had tunnel vision at times when it came to checking off his receivers. Other times he was running for his life and just threw the ball to the first open guy he could find, which frequently was our running back.

This next season our line should be a bit tougher, and they should be able to provide better pass protection. Also Keller is excellent at reading his receivers. My best guess is Sam throws the ball so hard the receivers that actually get in the game will be the ones that can actually hold on to the ball and make the play. If a receiver keeps dropping the ball Keller will hesitate to throw it to him. And from what I've seen of him, if a receiver makes a habit of screwing up, Sam will get in his face and express his opinion. We are so deep in receivers Callahan has a huge number of options. If necessary he could pull Niles off the bench. Paul has made it clear on many occasions he doesn't not want to redshirt.

we all wish that everyone could be a heisman winner, I am not trying to be disrespectful, I love the guy I wish he could start, but I rather win than have Swift start.

He will no be forgotten, he might not be the first player you think of as being a husker but I will not forget all of the plays he has made.

Zac Taylor has said that he thinks he will be forgotten before five years but we know that isn't true.

There are too many players to remember all of their plays tha is why we have videos and keep pictures and autographs isn't it.

Peace. Love. Football. Never forget :restore

This next season our line should be a bit tougher, and they should be able to provide better pass protection. Also Keller is excellent at reading his receivers. My best guess is Sam throws the ball so hard the receivers that actually get in the game will be the ones that can actually hold on to the ball and make the play. If a receiver keeps dropping the ball Keller will hesitate to throw it to him. And from what I've seen of him, if a receiver makes a habit of screwing up, Sam will get in his face and express his opinion. We are so deep in receivers Callahan has a huge number of options. If necessary he could pull Niles off the bench. Paul has made it clear on many occasions he doesn't not want to redshirt.

That being the case, I wonder if Nunn finally plays his way off the field this season?

Swift is totally a clutch receiver. When a first down is more important than huge yards, that's when swift gets a good look. He was pretty invisible to some of husker-watching friends, but I started calling his name before certain clutch plays and they all started to recognize his strength. I hope that the coaching staff continues to use him when sure-handedness is more important than flash.

we all wish that everyone could be a heisman winner, I am not trying to be disrespectful, I love the guy I wish he could start, but I rather win than have Swift start.

He will no be forgotten, he might not be the first player you think of as being a husker but I will not forget all of the plays he has made.

Zac Taylor has said that he thinks he will be forgotten before five years but we know that isn't true.

There are too many players to remember all of their plays tha is why we have videos and keep pictures and autographs isn't it.

Peace. Love. Football. Never forget :restore

if we want to win, we better play Swift, at least he can catch a ball

I wonder how much his concussion affected Swift last season. I'm sure he will still be in the mix.

I don't think it affected Nate too much. He suffered the concussion vs A&M early in the game and didn't go back in the game and he came back vs Colorado and had 2 catches vs Colorado, 1 vs Oklahoma (should have had a touchdown catch but Kelly had to intercept it :angry: ) and 3 catches with 1 touchdown vs Auburn.