Ranking Big XII coaches

Leach in front of Callahan. (Or have we forgotten the shellacking he gave Billy Cee his first meeting or that Callahan teams has not beat Leach teams yet). Francione in front of Mangino. Francione and Callahan about even.

Brown number two because he is a good people's coach and such a great recruiter.

Stoopes over all of them because he gets results every yr and turns out coaching prospects from his program about every yr. He is doing something right.

Until the rest of them can get at least a division title or consistanly go bowling... they rank about the same IMO.

this is just one guy's opinion. per "unsportsmanlike conduct" prior to last season callahan was voted the most overrated coach in the conference in an anonymous poll by big 12 sportwriters.

prince has done so much more with so much less and mangino has owned callahan and cosgrove so this guy is dead wrong.

17. Dan Hawkins, Colorado. Last year's 2-10 mark was right in line for the way this team will play this year. Hawkins is a Zen master, but he's also a thick skulled ( 8"-10" o the frontal lobe) coach whose track record and skills suggest success in Boulder is looming ( when pigs fly).

There that reads a little better.

17. Dan Hawkins, Colorado. Last year's 2-10 mark was right in line for the way this team will play this year. Hawkins is a Zen master, but he's also a thick skulled ( 8"-10" o the frontal lobe) coach whose track record and skills suggest success in Boulder is looming ( when pigs fly).

There that reads a little better.

:clap:clap:clap

Leach in front of Callahan. (Or have we forgotten the shellacking he gave Billy Cee his first meeting or that Callahan teams has not beat Leach teams yet). Francione in front of Mangino. Francione and Callahan about even.

Brown number two because he is a good people's coach and such a great recruiter.

Stoopes over all of them because he gets results every yr and turns out coaching prospects from his program about every yr. He is doing something right.

Until the rest of them can get at least a division title or consistanly go bowling... they rank about the same IMO.

Correct me if Im wrong but Stoopes has gotten to the big game several times.....how often has he won them? Out of curiousity what is his bowl game record? Not saying Callahan is necessarily better but I would hold off on crowning Stoopes a "god" until he can win the big game (something Callahan can't do either) Yes he turns out prospects and gets results, but isn't most sucess measured by wins and losses? Seems like Callahans succes is.

Correct me if Im wrong but Stoopes has gotten to the big game several times.....how often has he won them? Out of curiousity what is his bowl game record? Not saying Callahan is necessarily better but I would hold off on crowning Stoopes a "god" until he can win the big game (something Callahan can't do either)

stoops has won the big one and he owns callahan. he has a ring and multiple big 12 titles. callahan can't hold his lunchbox.

per "unsportsmanlike conduct" prior to last season callahan was voted the most overrated coach in the conference in an anonymous poll by big 12 sportwriters.

You got that on tape I bet, huh?

nope. don't need to. if you don't believe me, call the show yourself and ask them. or shoot them an email.

but you wouldn't want to do that cause it's true and you don't want your bubble to burst.

reality sucks sometimes. join us there.

this is just one guy's opinion. per "unsportsmanlike conduct" prior to last season callahan was voted the most overrated coach in the conference in an anonymous poll by big 12 sportwriters.

I guess we'll see. I don't think he is the best coach in the league right now, but he is building something here. Maybe not at the speed to appease some, but things are moving forward. If there is regression in this next year, then the 'writers' or you may have a point. I am not sure how he could be 'overrated' when so many talking heads said that he sucks prior to last season. Aren't they the douchebags that overhype or underrate coaches, players, teams, etc. based upon how much they talk about them?

per "unsportsmanlike conduct" prior to last season callahan was voted the most overrated coach in the conference in an anonymous poll by big 12 sportwriters.

nope. don't need to. if you don't believe me, call the show yourself and ask them. or shoot them an email.

but you wouldn't want to do that cause it's true and you don't want your bubble to burst.

Never said I didn't believe you, just figured with your hatred of well, just about everything Husker that you'd have it documented somehow. In a dark, dank basement somewhere.

Yup, the old "reality" arguement. You got me nailed bud, good job. :thumbs I guess reality is being two faced like your boy Kevin.

Never said I didn't believe you, just figured with your hatred of well, just about everything Husker that you'd have it documented somehow. In a dark, dank basement somewhere.

Yup, the old "reality" arguement. You got me nailed bud, good job. :thumbs

Oh please go to the woodshed!!!! :box