Weight:183

40 time: 4.5

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Houston, Kansas State, Missouri, Nebraska, Rice,

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Bid Red Report:

Assessing the talent: Thomas passed for over 1,000 yards while rushing for over 700 yards.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker:

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=204&p=2&c=636677

Darron Thomas, the 6-foot-3, 195-pound athlete from Aldine High School in Houston, Texas, is being recruited as both a quarterback and wide receiver, but thinks he'll end up catching balls instead of throwing them.

"Most schools are recruiting me as an athlete and will give me a shot at both positions. Illinois wants me for quarterback and Oklahoma State said wide receiver, but everyone else is saying athlete," Thomas said. "I'll probably end up playing early and I think I'll play wide receiver my first year.

"I actually like wide receiver more," he said. "I like competing against the defense and I think the wide receiver has more to think about and worry about than a quarterback. I'm really tall and catch good. I'm a natural receiver."

He played quarterback as a junior and finished the year with 1500 yards passing, 700 yards rushing and 19 total touchdowns, with only two interceptions.

Thomas said he benches 260 pounds, squats 430 pounds and has an impressive 39-inch vertical jump. "I'm a good athlete. At quarterback I can drop back and throw with a lot of power and accuracy," Thomas said. "I can run the ball too and take it the distance. I'm a real dual-threat, but I'd like to improve the basics…my fundamentals and reading coverages."

He grew up following LSU and says the Tigers (childhood favorite) are his top choice over Oklahoma State, Northwestern and Illinois. All four have offered. He also has offers from Nebraska, Rice and Missouri.

"LSU has been my favorite team for a long time," Thomas said. "My cousin (former Tigers running back Domanick Davis, aka Domanick Williams) played there and he really liked it. He really wants me to go there and says they've got a great team and really likes the new coaches too. He played for Nick Saban, but says coach Les Miles is really good and that they are gonna be a top team for a while. I like how they work really hard and always want to win."

The Tigers are also his parent's favorite school. "We have a lot of family there and they really want me to go there too."

Thomas says there is a 60-70 percent chance that he'll end up committing to LSU. "I want to go there, but I don't want to commit this early," Thomas said. "But I really want to take my visits and see what other schools have to offer too. Right now LSU is the only school that I really know."

He is planning on going to camps at Oklahoma State, Houston and LSU.

Thomas reports a 3.3 core GPA and a 1390 SAT, which he plans to retake

• 2 weeks later...

Player: Darron Thomas

Hometown: Aldine, Tx

Position: QB

Height: 6’5''

Weight: 195

40 time: 4.5

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, LSU, Illinois, Northwestern, Okalahoma St, Missouri, Rice

Favorites: LSU

Rankings/Stars: scout- :star:star:star

Rivals:

Bid Red Report:

Assessing the talent: Would rather be a wide reciever

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 5% looks like LSU bound

• 6 months later...