Let's wait on the facts in Mo's case

I really wish that my school would take incidents like this more seriously. At the University of Georgia we have incidents like this seemingly on a monthly basis and within the week everyone has forgoten about it. Not enough discipline or respect for the program. This probably explains why we will never reach the conisistenly elite status of Nebraska.

Tom

Yeah, I'm getting the feeling that's what a lot of people here are hoping for. They're saying "let's wait for the facts to come out", which IMO means "Let's not talk about it now and hope that it goes away".

I really wish that my school would take incidents like this more seriously. At the University of Georgia we have incidents like this seemingly on a monthly basis and within the week everyone has forgoten about it. Not enough discipline or respect for the program. This probably explains why we will never reach the conisistenly elite status of Nebraska.

Tom

Yeah, I'm getting the feeling that's what a lot of people here are hoping for. They're saying "let's wait for the facts to come out", which IMO means "Let's not talk about it now and hope that it goes away".

Facts could definately ruin a good lynching.

Tom

Facts could definately ruin a good lynching.

While I'm detecting a degree of sarcasm in your post, I do want to say that just because some people think some type of action should take place doesn't necessarily mean we want him run out of town immediately. Let's not blow things out of proportion here. These are very serious charges and the athletic dept needs to acknowledge that.

Yes, it APPEARS he broke team rules. Once this plays out, I am sure appropriate action will be taken if required, however.....stop convicting the man before this all plays out. If you were on a jury, you would want to take a vote before the case was presented in its entirety wouldn't you?

I missed the part where someone said his ass should be locked up, could you please direct me to those posts?

Who said anything about lock up? I was talking about convicting the man and passing judgement before this whole thing plays out. Does this sound familiar?

Thank you. As far as I'm concerned, he's proven himself guilty of poor judgement, and that alone justifies an immediate indefinite suspension.

Tom

What you are seeing is the difference between a class act, and one without class. Unfortunately, there are more UGA's out there than Nebraskas. This would be swept under the rug at most universities and their fans. Thats why I am a big Husker fan, and respect the program immensely. I feel honored that we are playing you guys. I wish we could extend this contract indefinitely.

Yes, it APPEARS he broke team rules. Once this plays out, I am sure appropriate action will be taken if required, however.....stop convicting the man before this all plays out. If you were on a jury, you would want to take a vote before the case was presented in its entirety wouldn't you?

I missed the part where someone said his ass should be locked up, could you please direct me to those posts?

Who said anything about lock up? I was talking about convicting the man and passing judgement before this whole thing plays out. Does this sound familiar?

Thank you. As far as I'm concerned, he's proven himself guilty of poor judgement, and that alone justifies an immediate indefinite suspension.

When you say "convicted" I assumed you meant in a court of law. After all, you did make a reference to a jury in the last sentence of your post. I apologize for misintepreting that. As far as my quote, are you going to dispute my assertion that he used poor judgement that night?

When you say "convicted" I assumed you meant in a court of law. After all, you did make a reference to a jury in the last sentence of your post. I apologize for misintepreting that. As far as my quote, are you going to dispute my assertion that he used poor judgement that night?

It appears he used bad judgement if the information that has come out proves to be true. However, I think the media sometimes only puts forth half facts, things gets twisted, mis-quoted individuals, unrealiable eye wittnesses, etc etc. The truth sometimes lies somewhere inbetween. I am going to wait to see how all the peices of the puzzle fit together before I decide in my own mind what would be appropriate punishment for MO if any. Of course that is Cally's job for the team and a Lincoln judge if it comes to that.

It appears he used bad judgement if the information that has come out proves to be true.

Do you really have any reason to believe it's not true? Do you think someone is making all this up? Sure they may be some details that are fuzzy, but it's obvious he was drinking in a bar and got in a fight when he should've walked away.

However, I think the media sometimes only puts forth half facts, things gets twisted, mis-quoted individuals, unrealiable eye wittnesses, etc etc.

Yes, that is true. That's why I'm not interested in waiting for these mystery "facts" that are yet to come out, the longer we get from the situation the less likely we are getting the truth. And keep in mind NU's athletic dept twists things as well. It's almost been a week I'm still waiting for a statement from them on the situation.

I am going to wait to see how all the peices of the puzzle fit together before I decide in my own mind what would be appropriate punishment for MO if any.

I'm not so much concerned what his punishment ultimately is, I'm more concerned about how the university addresses the situation in the meantime. They seem content (as well as many of the fans) to bury their heads in the sand and pray that it goes away.

Nevermind if he broke any public laws. He certainly broke team rules. I'm sure they have been told over and over again about getting into situations like this.

Its going to be a long summer. The staff is going to have to set a example someway. We just don't need these things to be happening ya think? I don't care if they drop all charges... some punishment is in order.

Come on Mo! Say it ain't so!!!

Im pretty sure that Incognito was arrested a few years ago for assualt after he beat up a frat guy at a party. This was not the offense that got him kicked off the team. In fact, he didnt even get suspended. There was no weapon involved, no drugs, nothing illicit. My god, he got into a fight! His first fight that I have ever heard of. Make him do some community service and work his ass off in practice. If he has any kind of character at all, this situation will make him a stronger person, and I have seen nothing to suggest that the man is a potential danger to society or is bereft of character. This is definately an overreaction based on the fact that he is the best player on the team.

Im pretty sure that Incognito was arrested a few years ago for assualt after he beat up a frat guy at a party. This was not the offense that got him kicked off the team. In fact, he didnt even get suspended. There was no weapon involved, no drugs, nothing illicit. My god, he got into a fight! His first fight that I have ever heard of. Make him do some community service and work his ass off in practice. If he has any kind of character at all, this situation will make him a stronger person, and I have seen nothing to suggest that the man is a potential danger to society or is bereft of character. This is definately an overreaction based on the fact that he is the best player on the team.

Just wanting clarification...i thought Incognito left on his own (cause he knew hed get in trouble). Just curious.

If I remember correctly, Richie committed repeated counts of assault and battery on national television against some guys wearing green and white uniforms.

I seen Iggy cuss out the whole So. Miss st. visitor side stands a few yrs ago. And think, Cally got heat for his hillbillies comments...ahem. Iggy was ready to take on sections of fans that night. On ESPN too. Of course he was dominating that night. They hated him. Probably his best game at least that I can remember.

Iggy was suspended for spring ball and summer workouts if I remember correctly. Something about beating up a whole party. At least anyone that dared to step up and stop him. Wasn't the rumor that he threw someone through a wall? Something about someone using the "N" word when addressing his buddy. Now there's a NFL prospect. Can ya get him to use it (rage-fire-desire) to his advantage instead of disadvantage and put it somewhere until really needed? There lies his future.

When he beat up a teamate that next fall (as much as the school will not confirm or deny... they never really came out said what happened), he was dismissed. Didn't he try to like beg his way back too? He needed at babysitter. Or his momma close by. Bet he doesn't act like that with Momma around... :LOLtartar

If I remember correctly, Richie committed repeated counts of assault and battery on national television against some guys wearing green and white uniforms.

Didn't he try to like beg his way back too? He needed at babysitter. Or his momma close by. Bet he doesn't act like that with Momma around... :LOLtartar

Let's just say that you are calling Richie a "momma's boy" straight to his face. I'm behind you all the way.

Way, way, way behind you.

Tommie Frazier's mom told me he was a momma's boy. Tommie said when trouble broke out in his neighborhood, he went home.

He also said when LP started drinking, he left him alone, and got himself away. That's one reason why Tommie Frazier is one intelligent character, with the necessary solid judgment to run Osborne's multiple O.

Richie vs. LP: there's an ultimate fight!