Article about Joe Dailey on SI.com

I am a very loyal Husker fan and supporter for years, but that play in 97 was a pretty lucky play. Good teams get the ball to bounce their way, but that was incredible. Trying to refute the element of luck that was involved is pointless. Take your ball and go home.

I am a very loyal Husker fan and supporter for years, but that play in 97 was a pretty lucky play. Good teams get the ball to bounce their way, but that was incredible. Trying to refute the element of luck that was involved is pointless. Take your ball and go home.

Was it lucky that there was no DPI on the play before?

Do you agree with the OBVIOUS intentional kick theory?

There are thousands of plays NOT made during a season, and "luck" is never mentioned. When a guy MAKES a play, like Davison did, now we have "luck."

"Luck" is a 5th down on the Missouri 1 yard line.

"Luck" is that Mizzou did not lose that game by 13 points, as they should have.

There are thousands of plays NOT made during a season, and "luck" is never mentioned. When a guy MAKES a play, like Davison did, now we have "luck."

I don't agree with the OBVIOUS intentional kick theory, which makes it all that more of a luck play. Do you consider the immaculate reception to not be luck? It just doesn't make any sense what you are trying to say, and is borderline ludicrous.

A 5th down on the Missouri 1 yard line is poor officiating and attention to the situation by all involved.

That game was just on ESPN Classic about a month ago. Watch it again and tell me that it was "luck" that MU held their own. Nebraska was "luck"y to escape with a victory.

I don't agree with the OBVIOUS intentional kick theory, which makes it all that more of a luck play. Do you consider the immaculate reception to not be luck? It just doesn't make any sense what you are trying to say, and is borderline ludicrous.

A 5th down on the Missouri 1 yard line is poor officiating and attention to the situation by all involved.

That game was just on ESPN Classic about a month ago. Watch it again and tell me that it was "luck" that MU held their own. Nebraska was "luck"y to escape with a victory.

I don't need to watch it (again) on ESPN Classic. I was at the game. I saw LOTS of stuff they don't show on ESPN classic, including our DB's getting picked (and buying it) time and time again.

Your definition of "luck" is real shifty. A bad call against Missouri on the field, goiving CU another down is poor officiating. The "no cal" DPI on the play before "The Catch" is what? part of the game?

Missouri's offense played well, but they were LUCKY our defense just fell asleep on all those pick plays, and that they were allowed to run them all the time.

They were also LUCKY they didn't lose by 13, as they should have.

I don't need to watch it (again) on ESPN Classic. I was at the game. I saw LOTS of stuff they don't show on ESPN classic, including our DB's getting picked (and buying it) time and time again.

Your definition of "luck" is real shifty. A bad call against Missouri on the field, goiving CU another down is poor officiating. The "no cal" DPI on the play before "The Catch" is what? part of the game?

Missouri's offense played well, but they were LUCKY our defense just fell asleep on all those pick plays, and that they were allowed to run them all the time.

They were also LUCKY they didn't lose by 13, as they should have.

Like I said, an incomplete pass that miraculously gets popped into the air by a flailing leg and into the diving arms of another player JUST before it hits the ground is lucky. To suggest otherwise is ludicrous. You have officially earned your llama. :nanalama

Heck, have another, they're cheap. :nanalama

Here's luck as I see it. The CU game against Michigan where I believe it was Kordell Stewart heaving a 65 or so hale marry into the endzone and his receiver catching it amongst traffic to win the game. The "Catch" was luck also because the receiver who caught the ball wasn't the intended receiver. If memory serves me right it was stone hands jackson that totally missed the catch and it was deflected and caught by Davison. If the ball had been thrown directly to Davison and he caught it taking us into OT, it would have just been considered a good play. However, this isn't how it happened.

5 downs in the CU Mizzou game was not luck. It was piss poor officiating, and I believe at least 1 or 2 of the refs were reprimanded and suspended.

Luck is hitting a last second half court shot in basketball. Luck is a defensive lineman intercepting a pass and running it into the end zone. Luck is something that is out of the ordinary during the game when a spectacular play is made.

Here's luck as I see it. The CU game against Michigan where I believe it was Kordell Stewart heaving a 65 or so hale marry into the endzone and his receiver catching it amongst traffic to win the game. The "Catch" was luck also because the receiver who caught the ball wasn't the intended receiver. If memory serves me right it was stone hands jackson that totally missed the catch and it was deflected and caught by Davison. If the ball had been thrown directly to Davison and he caught it taking us into OT, it would have just been considered a good play. However, this isn't how it happened.

5 downs in the CU Mizzou game was not luck. It was piss poor officiating, and I believe at least 1 or 2 of the refs were reprimanded and suspended.

Luck is hitting a last second half court shot in basketball. Luck is a defensive lineman intercepting a pass and running it into the end zone. Luck is something that is out of the ordinary during the game when a spectacular play is made.

:yeah

(PSSSSSTTT.....It was Wiggins....not Jackson)

I was at that 97 Missouri game as well and the best part was the Missouri fans going dead silent after the catch.

:corndance:corndance:corndance

Yep, I was there, too.

They went silent, and of course the nut jobs running the video board wouldn't re-run a single play favorable to the Huskers - including "the catch" - so we are all asking each other, "What happened?"

NOBODY knew, not even the Mizzou fans, and the announcer just said, in a flat voice, "Touchdown Nebraska." The Missouri fans in that end zone were all over the field, and had to be chased back up the hill to watch the rest of the Tiger destruction.

Actually, where we sat, the Missouri fans stayed dead silent the rest of the way. They are perhaps the second worst fans (next to Colorado fans) in the conference.

:thumbs

Well said.

By the way....I hear it was lucky that Missou didn't lose by 13 as they should have. Thought I'd throw that in there for ya....for the 3rd or 4th time.

Is that what you "heard?" Or did you read it? And do you know the difference? And can you explain why?

Oh ya, who's "Missou?"

You need a hobby. Several in fact.