Straight from MOs police report

Ok guys, I received this 2nd hand, mis-spellings and all, so take it for what its worth. If this is accurate it doesnt look good.

Details Regarding MO situation - - From Police Arresting Affidavit Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the details:

This is the probable cause affidavit straight from the police report. 4 officers signed the affidavit.

According to the police the report Mo confronted Joshua at the Alley smoking garden, yelled "you're the mother fer, that took my friends id." then pushed Joshua down onto the ground and punched him 4-5 times. The g/f tried to pull Mo off of Josh and Mo turned around and hit the g/f. The g/f had redness and slight swelling on her face according to the report.

Joshua said the week before Mo and his friend tried to get into the Brass Rail. Mo's friend had a fake which Joshua took and denied them entrance.

Halet (spelling ???) who works at the Alley observed Mo punching Josh while he was on the ground. Halet pulled Mo off and tried repeatally to get Mo out of the building. There were about 15 warnings from the Alley staff for him to leave. Several people finally got Mo outside when he tried to jump fence to the smoking garden and head after Joshua.

The police arrived and Mo refused arrest, crossing his arms and standing against the wall. Purify was verbally warned 15 times and 4 officers to put his arms behind his back. After several minutes he was finally detained and taken to jail. Partial sample was taken and Mo registered a 126 BAC.

IF TRUE, that is not good.

What happened to the good 'ole days when players beat up cigarette machines (I think it was Danny Noonan, correct if wrong) or were caught for indecent exposure (Christian Peter? pissing in public)?

I see Mo having to sit out some games for this one, but either way, it should be a wakeup call. I wish more of our football players and baseball players were like the guy who left the Colorado football team. He said, "I don't drink ... so I don't fit in at Colorado".

Athletes should leave the drinking to the fans!!

<_<

A Probable Cause Affidavit should be one sided. It's the alleged victims story written down by police officers that didn't witness the event, and it wouldn't include any witness statements that support MO's side of the story.

MO will be punished by the team. But it's strange that Coach Callahan said that he wouldn't have anything else to say about this until due process has run its course. Callahan at least, may think there just may be two sides to this event. MO certainly is guilty, but it seems he just may be guilty of a lot less than many are hoping for.

That's not the full report, thats a one sided biased report. All that is is the complainant's version of the story as told to the police on scene. The officers sign off that that is what they were told by this ONE person, whether its true or not. Where's the clip from the report of Purify's statement that gives the other side of the account.. or do we not believe in fair and balanced information?

MO will be punished by the team. But it's strange that Coach Callahan said that he wouldn't have anything else to say about this until due process has run its course. Callahan at least, may think there just may be two sides to this event. MO certainly is guilty, but it seems he just may be guilty of a lot less than many are hoping for.

the question is does Callahan punish him based on the situation or the outcome of the court date? In other words, if the victims decide not to press charges or he pleads a lesser charge, does Callahan still punish him for the actual event that took place?

I'd hate to see this kid not play next year, but he's a moron for acting up like this.

typically what happens in these heat of the moment encounters, is some people hear and see "some things" that others do not. assuming alcohol was present in many of the witnesses and participants, the degree of accuracy and even the correctness of the events in chronological order (some events, verbal exchanges overlooked) can be skewed.

No matter what the outcome of the investigation or plea bargain, MO brought discredit to the program. But Coach Callahan will address this with an even hand. He needs to let this run its course because there is too much disagreement on exactly what happened. Callahan doesn't want jump the gun and treat Purify unfairly by punishing MO based on a one sided affidavit, especially if there are in fact witnesses that dispute the police report. Callahan seems to know what he is doing. He is approaching this very carefully and at least it appears he is waiting for all the facts before he acts. A good move actually.

I just hope this stays out of the national headlines. The last thing our potential recruits need to see unfold is what appears to be a heavy handed approach to football players by the local police. Especially after the Keller incident. Why would they want to come to Lincoln if they think they are going to have to do community service or run the stadium steps the first time they hit a few bars.

i agree concerning the Keller event, that was bullsh#t from the start. that was basically a non event, happens so many times daily across our planet, it was ridiculous for it to be advanced.

the incident with MO, sounds quite different. he stuck his nose in to help his friend and now has the risk factor to deal with, but it seems pretty clear, at least, that he went looking for trouble or sure didn't back away from it when he ran into the bouncer.

i don't think Lincoln has a rep, at least not yet, for hounding the football players, that has developed into a pattern.

One sided or not, the last thing Callahan wants is to get a reputation like Osborne had for letting a certain criminal off easy just because he was a good ball player. Sacrificing his reputation with fans and potential recruits and their parents isn't worth protecting a basically unproven receiver that some of you think is the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice. He had a few good games last year and a big catch at the end of a game, but seriously........it's not like Dwayne Jarret is returning for his senior year or something.