Some interesting observations and insights

• 2 weeks later...
ob Stoops: Last year's job was one of the best this decade by any coach. It was largely forgotten after the Boise State loss, but Stoops recovered from the Big Red Imports scandal to win the Big 12. That after losing his starting quarterback and tailback. There's nothing in his playbook to account for that. Oh, and Oklahoma did come back from 18 down to lead Boise in the final minute of the Fiesta Bowl.

agree completely

ob Stoops: Last year's job was one of the best this decade by any coach. It was largely forgotten after the Boise State loss, but Stoops recovered from the Big Red Imports scandal to win the Big 12. That after losing his starting quarterback and tailback. There's nothing in his playbook to account for that. Oh, and Oklahoma did come back from 18 down to lead Boise in the final minute of the Fiesta Bowl.

agree completely

If our teams take care of Bid'ness we should meet every year. And I hope thats the case.

Boomer Sooner, Go Huskers

Thanks Eric.

agree completely

And that's what separates Stoops from Callahan. BC needs blue-chip players at every position before we can expect a conference title.

agree completely

And that's what separates Stoops from Callahan. BC needs blue-chip players at every position before we can expect a conference title.

Oh come on, OU is top 10 recruiting every single year. Besides all their substitutes (which were 2, not 10) were needed on offense, not there stout defense. Remember, one of their backups was DEmarco Murray, a four star stub the Huskers were after.

Oh come on, OU is top 10 recruiting every single year. Besides all their substitutes (which were 2, not 10) were needed on offense, not there stout defense. Remember, one of their backups was DEmarco Murray, a four star stub the Huskers were after.

Why do you suppose that is?

I can't agree that A&M have the most friendly fans in all of college football, though I haven't been to a game there, from when I have met A&M 60% of them were jerks. I not saying we are just because we have some dumb red-neck hick fans ( I am a little of that myself) I am just saying I don't think A&M is

I can't agree that A&M have the most friendly fans in all of college football, though I haven't been to a game there, from when I have met A&M 60% of them were jerks. I not saying we are just because we have some dumb red-neck hick fans ( I am a little of that myself) I am just saying I don't think A&M is

I don't have a clue what you're talkin' about, Phil. Not a f***ing clue! I have a shell the size of a fist in my head. Pork Chop Hill. The only way I can make this goddamn toupee to stay on is by magnetizing the entire upper left quadrant of my skull, so you just go ahead and do what you do.

But really... what does this have to do with anything that's being discussed in this thread???? :wacko: Unless I missed something...

Go Big Red

hmmm did i hear no did I read that right SoonerOLB did you said Go Big Red? holy crap way to go....just change your name to "I love the huskers and Tom Osborne is my hero" and you'll be set good job and way to turn from the dark side :)

You must be a younger football fan, Cause I remember chanting that in Norman when I was growing up there in the 60's. My Dad who went to OU in the early "50 said that is what they chanted then, but I was taught we used it before the War in the early '40s.

The "Boomer" chant came along in the 90's I think. We also had a Native American mascot that OU removed in 1967 or 68 and he was called "little Red", and the team was "The Big Red". After "little Red" got the "ax" we took on the "Sooner Schooner" as OU "official mascot'

I should have qualifed to avoid confusion...gOU Big Red.

I have no problem with calling you guys the Big Red of the North.

Regards.

OLB

I don't have a clue what you're talkin' about, Phil. Not a f***ing clue! I have a shell the size of a fist in my head. Pork Chop Hill. The only way I can make this goddamn toupee to stay on is by magnetizing the entire upper left quadrant of my skull, so you just go ahead and do what you do.

But really... what does this have to do with anything that's being discussed in this thread???? :wacko: Unless I missed something...

read the article

Five best game day atmospheres presented by Barnum & Bailey

Florida: Mr. Two Bits. The Chomp. It's ... great ... to be ... a FloridaGaaaa-tor. How could Ron Zook not win here? The House that Steve Built is back to its ear-shattering best under Urban Meyer.

LSU: Beano Cook once said daytime football at Tiger Stadium is nothing more than foreplay. The money shot is the circus that emerges under the cover of night at this football asylum.

Ohio State: The state comes together, 105,000 strong, for a day of drinking, debauchery and dotting the I. Between you and me: Just don't get too close to Tressel when he sings Carmen, Ohio. He's waaay off key.

Tennessee: There's nothing like the Volunteer Navy at sunrise on game day. Everyone is so hung over, you can hear the catfish jumping in the Tennessee River. The crazies then prove medical experts wrong by showing it is possible for humans to yell for three consecutive hours.

Texas A&M: Howdy! The friendliest fans on earth are also the quirkiest. Those yell leaders look like they're giving landing directions to UFOs. You haven't lived until you've felt the press box sway. Then you're looking for a parachute from about seven stories up.

read the article

Five best game day atmospheres presented by Barnum & Bailey

Florida: Mr. Two Bits. The Chomp. It's ... great ... to be ... a FloridaGaaaa-tor. How could Ron Zook not win here? The House that Steve Built is back to its ear-shattering best under Urban Meyer.

LSU: Beano Cook once said daytime football at Tiger Stadium is nothing more than foreplay. The money shot is the circus that emerges under the cover of night at this football asylum.

Ohio State: The state comes together, 105,000 strong, for a day of drinking, debauchery and dotting the I. Between you and me: Just don't get too close to Tressel when he sings Carmen, Ohio. He's waaay off key.

Tennessee: There's nothing like the Volunteer Navy at sunrise on game day. Everyone is so hung over, you can hear the catfish jumping in the Tennessee River. The crazies then prove medical experts wrong by showing it is possible for humans to yell for three consecutive hours.

Texas A&M: Howdy! The friendliest fans on earth are also the quirkiest. Those yell leaders look like they're giving landing directions to UFOs. You haven't lived until you've felt the press box sway. Then you're looking for a parachute from about seven stories up.

Alright... my apologies. I only read the part about the best recruiters since that was what the posters here were discussing.