How many stars would

Frazier was, I believe, widely regarded as the #1 option QB in the country. So a five-star could be correct. Although he didn't pan out at Nebraska, Mickey Joseph would have been a five star coming out of HS. He was clearly rated the top option QB in the nation and Switzer wanted him badly. But we know what happens to five-stars sometimes.

I am not sure about Craig, but Fryer and Rozier likely would had been 2 stars coming out of high school. They were diamonds in the rough. Now remember we recruited Rozier twice. He didn't qualify coming out of HS. Coming out as a juco, he might had been a four star. He showed a lot in junior college, and recruiters started to take notice.

• 1 month later...

I am not into all of the *** , but here are a few of my takes...

Crouch would have been a 4 * guy as one of the top rated qb's

Bobby Newcomb would have been a 4 * guy, but probably listed as an "athlete"...

Frost would have been a 3* "athlete"

Frazier would have been a 5* option QB..... IMO, he is NU biggest "get" in decades...it was a HUGE deal when he waited until the last day to decide between NU and ND.....

how about the Mackovicka's....... probably 1 * , and look at the results :clap

So, I haven't really paid attention to recruiting until like, last year.

I take it the "star" system didn't come into place until very recently? So I guess we couldn't really get rankings for past Husker recruiting classes, huh?

Kind of a difficult question to answer. As far back as the '70s there were some magazines that tried to "rank" high school prospects - but it was limited, to say the least. In a lot of cases, as I recall, it was limited to the top few players in a state.

As far as what we see today, I want to say that has been relatively recent. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable can tell you exactly when it came into existence.

So, I haven't really paid attention to recruiting until like, last year.

I take it the "star" system didn't come into place until very recently? So I guess we couldn't really get rankings for past Husker recruiting classes, huh?

Kind of a difficult question to answer. As far back as the '70s there were some magazines that tried to "rank" high school prospects - but it was limited, to say the least. In a lot of cases, as I recall, it was limited to the top few players in a state.

As far as what we see today, I want to say that has been relatively recent. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable can tell you exactly when it came into existence.

I'd say 2002 since that is how far back the player databases go on both Scout and Rivals.

HANC, one of Osborne's biggest gets was Micky Joseph -- I have no doubt we would have been a five-star option QB. If I remember, one recruiting service had him as the fouth best player in the country. There was quite a battle between Osborne and Switzer for his services. Unfortunately, he never came close to being the caliber of player of Gill, Frazier, Crouch and even Frost as a senior.

oh, I don't disagree with the Mickey Joseph "get"..... I was/am a huge Joseph fan..... I was at the OU game when they cheap shot him by running him into the bench, leaving Joseph with a million stitches in his leg...OU kicked our ass by the way.....thank god for strip clubs to save the trip :clap

Joseph was a huge "get", but I still believe that stealing Frazier away from ND was bigger.....it got more national media attention..... than signing Joseph.... of course, there was no ESPN radio or rivals at that time, but local radio made a HUGE deal about the NU/ND battle for Tommie.......

If you want to go with the OU/NU recruiting battle...how about Osborne stealing Gill away from Switzer..... Gill was a Sooner for sure if Switzer would have not been so "sure" of Gill and would have made a follow up visit personally...... Osborne swung in and "stole" him away.....and Switzer was stunned......

IMO, Frazier, based on recruiting hype, the big name battle with an institution like ND, and the fact that Frazier turned out to be the real deal..... 3 1/2 year starter, 3 title games, 2 NC, and 2 MVP, and heisman runner up (friggen joke)......leads me to believe that Tommie is NU biggest recruit of all-time..

Just my opinion.....not right or wrong..