question about a commentator?

Does anybody know who the play-by-play commentator was for the Missouri game in '06? He was, at least in my mind, by far the best announcer we had all year, and even without comparing him to the other games he just seemed like he was really good in general. Lots of emotion when he called the plays, as can be seen best in Hawsker's mizzou highlight video. Was just wondering who he might be..

I have a love hate relationship with most commentators. I am one of those guys that will turn down the TV and listen to the radio. Some of the best plays that i can remember usually resonate with their voices ex. Tommie's run(TOUCHDOWN TOMMIE FRAAZIER) and the run by Eric/The catch by Eric for the thouchdown(WHO IS THAT< IT"S ERIC CROUCH). The sheer excitment in their voices make the plays all that more better(aside from being there in person). Name all the great Husker commentators? The network guys hardly ever get excited and are usually trying to be unbias, but a great play is a great play they should be more vocal about great plays imo.

I agree the radio I much better. I live in Chicago currently, so I end up listening to most games online anyways, but if a games on TV, I'll kick on the radio. The Drive againt A&M was called 10x better by Jim Rose than by the TV announcer.

Best announcers:

Jim Rose

Ken Pavelka (announcing basketball currently)

Warren Swain ("He's got a man downfield..... it is.... ERIC CROUCH!")

Lyle Bremser ("Man, woman and child!)

I think all of the radio broadcaster for huskers sports network are good. I couldn't sleep last night and turned on 1620 unfortunately the Creighton game was still on. Kevin kuglur (from westwood one and Unsportsmanlike conduct) was the play by play by I only heard him say about three words because the other guy(don't know his name) was screaming about every thing, when they tied it up in the 9th he said "Holy Moly, did you see that, I can't believe it, I am going crazy, yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, yesssssssssssssssss, woooooooooooow" and that went on for 3 minutes, I then shut the radio off in anger.

The sheer excitment in their voices make the plays all that more better(aside from being there in person).

Point taken, but like Licensed to Ill said, that can be a double-edged sword, because an incomplete pass on 2nd and 3, with the commentating by Jim Rose, will make you think, for a second, that they just connected on a 60-yard bomb...get's kind of old

oh, and can he ever say ANYTHING other than "TOUCHDOWNNN NEBRASKA" when we score? He says it the exact same way every single time. =/

Best announcers:

Jim Rose

Ahahahahaa!!! Aahhaha! Good one dude, good one. I though you were serious there for a second.

Jim "Sounds like we just won the National Championship every single down" Rose

He IS brutal. I'd rather listen to Rosie O'Donell call a game.

Best announcers:

Jim Rose

Ahahahahaa!!! Aahhaha! Good one dude, good one. I though you were serious there for a second.

Jim "Sounds like we just won the National Championship every single down" Rose

He IS brutal. I'd rather listen to Rosie O'Donell call a game.

Granted I'd rather have Swain or Pavelka back to call the games, but I don't see what the big deal is with Jim Rose. He's honestly entertaining and gets excited about the game. Since I couldn't get the A&M game online, I had to listen to The Drive online, and the way Rose called it made it amazingly exciting considering I wasn't watching it.

Also, who cares how he calls a touchdown, as long as its 6 more points for us. :-) Personally, I think its unique to him in the way that he says it.

Granted I'd rather have Swain or Pavelka back to call the games, but I don't see what the big deal is with Jim Rose. He's honestly entertaining and gets excited about the game. Since I couldn't get the A&M game online, I had to listen to The Drive online, and the way Rose called it made it amazingly exciting considering I wasn't watching it.

Also, who cares how he calls a touchdown, as long as its 6 more points for us. :-) Personally, I think its unique to him in the way that he says it.

I agree that Swain or Pavelka back would be better. Rose could be good but he makes too many mistakes which he is constantly correcting himself. But my biggest complaint about his call is all the stupid analogies he tries to make or cutesy remarks. Rose has the knowledge of Nebraska football...just call the game like a normal human being and throw us some interesting facts about the players and let Adrian comment and move on. Rose is doing a disservice to himself by calling games the way he does.

I agree that Swain or Pavelka back would be better. Rose could be good but he makes too many mistakes which he is constantly correcting himself. But my biggest complaint about his call is all the stupid analogies he tries to make or cutesy remarks. Rose has the knowledge of Nebraska football...just call the game like a normal human being and throw us some interesting facts about the players and let Adrian comment and move on. Rose is doing a disservice to himself by calling games the way he does.

Haha I guess I forgot to consider the analogies. I seem to remember him comparing Taylor's arm to the sword of Caesar once.