Pederson not embarrassed

Benard

He also said this.

"Coach Callahan assembled a phenomenal staff," Pederson said. "And these guys left NFL jobs and great college jobs to come be a part of something special here. They believe like I do that this can be a championship team on a consistent basis.

I don't know if I would call Cosgrove phenomenal or not. Norvell is suppose to be good but really what has he done? He's made Dailey get worse, has him throwing off balance and off his back foot which he never use to do.

Our secondary isn't playing nearly as good as last year.

Our linebacker coach doesn't have cooper starting.

I would call them below average and most definitly nowhere near what Solich assembled last year.

He also said this.

"Coach Callahan assembled a phenomenal staff," Pederson said. "And these guys left NFL jobs and great college jobs to come be a part of something special here. They believe like I do that this can be a championship team on a consistent basis.

I don't know if I would call Cosgrove phenomenal or not. Norvell is suppose to be good but really what has he done? He's made Dailey get worse, has him throwing off balance and off his back foot which he never use to do.

Our secondary isn't playing nearly as good as last year.

Our linebacker coach doesn't have cooper starting.

I would call them below average and most definitly nowhere near what Solich assembled last year.

I agree they have not shown me anything special yet. Besides being able to recruit they are probally the biggest disappointment so far this year.

What else could Pederson say. He has to know what people think of him and this "phenomenal staff". I dont want to compare the staffs because it's an old argument. But the group of coaches Solich put together had just as good if not better credentials than our current staff. Many of the coaches let go last year also left NFL coaching jobs. Pederson must think we are idiots. He'll find out when the money stops rolling in.

What else could Pederson say. He has to know what people think of him and this "phenomenal staff". I dont want to compare the staffs because it's an old argument. But the group of coaches Solich put together had just as good if not better credentials than our current staff. Many of the coaches let go last year also left NFL coaching jobs. Pederson must think we are idiots. He'll find out when the money stops rolling in.

I agree, I think both pederson and callahan don't think we no what a football is let alone the game. some of the things they say, they must think we are blind or just plain stupid. The sad thing is that alot of fans believe the crap they say. But supposedly we have the most knowledgable fans in the nation? I say hogwash.

Roadrat hit it on the head. You can't just come out and blast your team consider the state of things. I know that's what some of you wish would happen, but there is better chance of Devany crawling out of his grave and doing the cabbage patch.

I don't believe the whole "most knowledgable fans" point. If anything, we have the most fickle and unrealistic fans. At least around this board. Fans that only know football one way at OMG THAT IS THE BEST WAY AND EVERYTHING ELSE SUCKS OMG!!!! Please....

Like I said Saturday night as I watched the game and listened to everyone in the room spout a bunch of crap. "I hope the donors can see past their own nose, because you people sure can't."

Nail->Head.

"Listen, clearly no one is happy about what's going on," Knowles said. "But I think most people understand what Callahan is up against, and therefore they're going to be more patient with him than if he had been here three or four years."

-Bob Knowles, president of NU's Touchdown Club

Roadrat hit it on the head. You can't just come out and blast your team consider the state of things. I know that's what some of you wish would happen, but there is better chance of Devany crawling out of his grave and doing the cabbage patch.

I don't believe the whole "most knowledgable fans" point. If anything, we have the most fickle and unrealistic fans. At least around this board. Fans that only know football one way at OMG THAT IS THE BEST WAY AND EVERYTHING ELSE SUCKS OMG!!!! Please....

Like I said Saturday night as I watched the game and listened to everyone in the room spout a bunch of crap. "I hope the donors can see past their own nose, because you people sure can't."

So your saying Pederson just lied again? how the hell can't we be embarrassed. How can you say I wasn't embarrassed? I was embarassed as hell. I would think the AD would be that hired the dipstick.

I understand that things were going to be rough this year, but I do not see why we are commiting stupid penalties and turning the ball over so much. These are things that a coach, no matter how long they have been at a program, need to limit. If we weren't doing these things then I would have an easier time with this transition. But the fact remains, we are still doing these stupid things that should never happen with ANY COACH.

I don't believe the whole "most knowledgable fans" point. If anything, we have the most fickle and unrealistic fans. At least around this board. Fans that only know football one way at OMG THAT IS THE BEST WAY AND EVERYTHING ELSE SUCKS OMG!!!!  Please....

So your saying Pederson just lied again? how the hell can't we be embarrassed. How can you say I wasn't embarrassed? I was embarassed as hell. I would think the AD would be that hired the dipstick.

Where did I imply that he lied? I never even mentioned embarassment in my post.

I never said you weren't embarassed. I am sure you were. With as much pride you have in something you can't control I would expect nothing less. No one liked losing like that but a lot of people realize this is going to be a bumpy year.

Are you ever going to face the fact that this is a building year?

DaveH,

I have to ask you this one question because you keep talking about a rebuilding year: what are we rebuilding? Last year, we went 10-3 and were in the top 25 at the end of the season. What exactly are we rebuilding?

Bob Stoops took over an OU program that lost 22 out of 34 games from 96-98. In his first year, he went 7-5. The next year, he went 13-0 winning the national championship. Now, this is rebuilding.

If we had a losing record last year, I could possibly agree with your rebuilding obsession. However, we were a pretty decent football team last year despite having a totally inept quarterback.

Again, what are we rebuilding? Butch Davis was rebuilding when he brought Miami back as a powerhouse. Lou Holtz was rebuilding when he brought Notre Dame back into the spotlight. Rebuilding is when you take something totally broken and fix it. Nebraska wasn't broke last year like OU, Miami, Notre Dame, etc. were before the above mentioned rebuilt the program. There are teams such as Arizona that are rebuilding this year, but Nebraska sure as hell isn't one of them.

What Nebraska is doing is comparable to if Bill Gates decided he didn't like making computers and software anymore and decided to make cars. I don't know what you call this, but it sure isn't rebuilding! Bill Snyder is a rebuilder, not Bill Callahan.

DaveH,

I have to ask you this one question because you keep talking about a rebuilding year: what are we rebuilding? Last year, we went 10-3 and were in the top 25 at the end of the season. What exactly are we rebuilding?

Bob Stoops took over an OU program that lost 22 out of 34 games from 96-98. In his first year, he went 7-5. The next year, he went 13-0 winning the national championship. Now, this is rebuilding.

If we had a losing record last year, I could possibly agree with your rebuilding obsession. However, we were a pretty decent football team last year despite having a totally inept quarterback.

Again, what are we rebuilding? Butch Davis was rebuilding when he brought Miami back as a powerhouse. Lou Holtz was rebuilding when he brought Notre Dame back into the spotlight. Rebuilding is when you take something totally broken and fix it. Nebraska wasn't broke last year like OU, Miami, Notre Dame, etc. were before the above mentioned rebuilt the program. There are teams such as Arizona that are rebuilding this year, but Nebraska sure as hell isn't one of them.

What Nebraska is doing is comparable to if Bill Gates decided he didn't like making computers and software anymore and decided to make cars. I don't know what you call this, but it sure isn't rebuilding! Bill Snyder is a rebuilder, not Bill Callahan.

Rebuilding in two senses:

1. Moving the program in a completely different direction, offensively. Going from a one-dimensional run offense to a diversified, balanced offense in which passing is critical is a signicant change.

2. Rebuilding the talent to the level of the championship teams. Solich may not have lost at T-Tech by the amount Callahan did - but not due to better coaching. Due to a ball-control offense. But regardless, the loss would have occurred. The talent is not as great as it was, and the rebuilding is in that aspect, particularly.

DaveH,

Good point Junior. I am glad that someone can see what is really going on here at Nebraska instead of sucking up to the coaches and the players for getting their asses kicked by 60 damn points.

DaveH,

I have to ask you this one question because you keep talking about a rebuilding year:  what are we rebuilding?  Last year, we went 10-3 and were in the top 25 at the end of the season.  What exactly are we rebuilding?

Bob Stoops took over an OU program that lost 22 out of 34 games from 96-98.  In his first year, he went 7-5.  The next year, he went 13-0 winning the national championship.  Now, this is rebuilding. 

If we had a losing record last year, I could possibly agree with your rebuilding obsession.  However, we were a pretty decent football team last year despite having a totally inept quarterback. 

Again, what are we rebuilding?  Butch Davis was rebuilding when he brought Miami back as a powerhouse.  Lou Holtz was rebuilding when he brought Notre Dame back into the spotlight.  Rebuilding is when you take something totally broken and fix it.  Nebraska wasn't broke last year like OU, Miami, Notre Dame, etc. were before the above mentioned rebuilt the program.  There are teams such as Arizona that are rebuilding this year, but Nebraska sure as hell isn't one of them. 

What Nebraska is doing is comparable to if Bill Gates decided he didn't like making computers and software anymore and decided to make cars.  I don't know what you call this, but it sure isn't rebuilding!  Bill Snyder is a rebuilder, not Bill Callahan.

Rebuilding in two senses:

1. Moving the program in a completely different direction, offensively. Going from a one-dimensional run offense to a diversified, balanced offense in which passing is critical is a signicant change.

2. Rebuilding the talent to the level of the championship teams. Solich may not have lost at T-Tech by the amount Callahan did - but not due to better coaching. Due to a ball-control offense. But regardless, the loss would have occurred. The talent is not as great as it was, and the rebuilding is in that aspect, particularly.

What he said. You are conveniently avoiding the magnitude of the changes going on.

I'm so glad agreeing with what is going on makes it sucking up! Am I in high school again? That idea is BS and I resent it.

AR, according to you maybe we did need to rebuild and we are rebuilding. But there are different types of rebuilding like you said. For one, we could add on to what we already had so that we can become two-dimensional. The other would be to tear down what we had and build over from scratch. In my opinion, there was no need to do number 2, in which we are currently doing both on offense and defense. We should of stayed with step one and gradually made changes so that we wouldn't be in the state that we are with the program right now.