Pederson not embarrassed

Benard

I don't dispute we are totally revamping the offensive scheme, but I totally dispute we are rebuilding the program. The guys I mentioned in my last post rebuilt programs. Coaches have changed offensive schemes for years, but it isn't the same as rebuilding a team.

My biggest beef with Callahan has to do with what he accomplished at Oakland. He took a good football team and destroyed them in my opinion. He totally separated the team. There were those who like him, but there were those that hated him and were unwilling to play for him. If what was posted by Benard is correct and we lost freshman recruit Keenan, I believe my worst fears are already coming true here at Nebraska. How many defeats like Saturday will it take before the team loses all confidence in the coach? Some of those freshman he recruited this year could transfer especially the ones who have played and lost their redshirt season. It appears one will. Who knows, we may lose Jackson before the dust settles. Beau Davis really has to be questioning his dedication to Nebraska and Callahan after Saturday's debacle.

I don't dispute we are totally revamping the offensive scheme, but I totally dispute we are rebuilding the program.  The guys I mentioned in my last post rebuilt programs.  Coaches have changed offensive schemes for years, but it isn't the same as rebuilding a team.

OK so I used the wrong term. I apologize. The idea is still the same.

My biggest beef with Callahan has to do with what he accomplished at Oakland.  He took a good football team and destroyed them in my opinion.  He totally separated the team.  There were those who like him, but there were those that hated him and were unwilling to play for him.  If what was posted by Benard is correct and we lost freshman recruit Keenan, I believe my worst fears are already coming true here at Nebraska.  How many defeats like Saturday will it take before the team loses all confidence in the coach?  Some of those freshman he recruited this year could transfer especially the ones who have played and lost their redshirt season.  It appears one will.  Who knows, we may lose Jackson before the dust settles.  Beau Davis really has to be questioning his dedication to Nebraska and Callahan after Saturday's debacle.

You bring up some good points, although I am not sure the whole Raiders things was as simple as that. As far as losing confidence, only time will tell on that one.

AR, according to you maybe we did need to rebuild and we are rebuilding. But there are different types of rebuilding like you said. For one, we could add on to what we already had so that we can become two-dimensional. The other would be to tear down what we had and build over from scratch. In my opinion, there was no need to do number 2, in which we are currently doing both on offense and defense. We should of stayed with step one and gradually made changes so that we wouldn't be in the state that we are with the program right now.

The problem with that, as I noted in a different thread, is that it seems that everytime an offense tries to gradually move from being one dimensional to balanced, they never make it.

This is particularly the case for run dominated offenses. Offensive lineman love to run-block - that's fun. Going from a line that knows only run blocking to both pass and run is difficult enough - it's considerably harder when all you do is add a few more pass plays and the lines doesn't get sufficinet pass blocking reps.

Besides, all you do is delay things. I'd rather take my lumps now, and move as quickly as possible to proficiency in the offense that - like it or not - will be here for some time to come.

Roadrat hit it on the head. You can't just come out and blast your team consider the state of things. I know that's what some of you wish would happen, but there is better chance of Devany crawling out of his grave and doing the cabbage patch.

I don't believe the whole "most knowledgable fans" point. If anything, we have the most fickle and unrealistic fans. At least around this board. Fans that only know football one way at OMG THAT IS THE BEST WAY AND EVERYTHING ELSE SUCKS OMG!!!!  Please....

Like I said Saturday night as I watched the game and listened to everyone in the room spout a bunch of crap. "I hope the donors can see past their own nose, because you people sure can't."

So your saying Pederson just lied again? how the hell can't we be embarrassed. How can you say I wasn't embarrassed? I was embarassed as hell. I would think the AD would be that hired the dipstick.

Where did I imply that he lied? I never even mentioned embarassment in my post.

I never said you weren't embarassed. I am sure you were. With as much pride you have in something you can't control I would expect nothing less. No one liked losing like that but a lot of people realize this is going to be a bumpy year.

Are you ever going to face the fact that this is a building year?

I guess it is a building year to go from 10-3 to probably being lucky to make a bowl.

Roadrat hit it on the head. You can't just come out and blast your team consider the state of things. I know that's what some of you wish would happen, but there is better chance of Devany crawling out of his grave and doing the cabbage patch.

I don't believe the whole "most knowledgable fans" point. If anything, we have the most fickle and unrealistic fans. At least around this board. Fans that only know football one way at OMG THAT IS THE BEST WAY AND EVERYTHING ELSE SUCKS OMG!!!!  Please....

Like I said Saturday night as I watched the game and listened to everyone in the room spout a bunch of crap. "I hope the donors can see past their own nose, because you people sure can't."

So your saying Pederson just lied again? how the hell can't we be embarrassed. How can you say I wasn't embarrassed? I was embarassed as hell. I would think the AD would be that hired the dipstick.

Where did I imply that he lied? I never even mentioned embarassment in my post.

I never said you weren't embarassed. I am sure you were. With as much pride you have in something you can't control I would expect nothing less. No one liked losing like that but a lot of people realize this is going to be a bumpy year.

Are you ever going to face the fact that this is a building year?

I guess it is a building year to go from 10-3 to probably being lucky to make a bowl.

oh, bernard. You just don't get it do you.

You are conveniently avoiding the magnitude of the changes going on.

AR, according to you maybe we did need to rebuild and we are rebuilding. But there are different types of rebuilding like you said. For one, we could add on to what we already had so that we can become two-dimensional. The other would be to tear down what we had and build over from scratch. In my opinion, there was no need to do number 2, in which we are currently doing both on offense and defense. We should of stayed with step one and gradually made changes so that we wouldn't be in the state that we are with the program right now.

The problem with that, as I noted in a different thread, is that it seems that everytime an offense tries to gradually move from being one dimensional to balanced, they never make it.

This is particularly the case for run dominated offenses. Offensive lineman love to run-block - that's fun. Going from a line that knows only run blocking to both pass and run is difficult enough - it's considerably harder when all you do is add a few more pass plays and the lines doesn't get sufficinet pass blocking reps.

Besides, all you do is delay things. I'd rather take my lumps now, and move as quickly as possible to proficiency in the offense that - like it or not - will be here for some time to come.

AR Husker. Have you ever heard of the football Oklahoma Sooners. They seemed to do very well when they were one dimensional. They just happened to win a national championship being one dimensional. And now look at them, they have a very balanced offense and are number one in the nation. Weird Huh. I would say that they are doing alright.

In an interview Monday, Nebraska's athletic director said he wasn't embarrassed by Saturday night's 70-10 loss to Texas Tech.

how the hell can you not be embarrassed after that game.

That's like saying, so, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

NOT EMBARRASED?!?!?!? What game was he watching? Sure as hell wasn't the same one we all were.

Abandon the WCO now. Why is he fixing something that's not broken? Why? Can somebody tell me, why in the hell, he's going to come in, and change the offense?

In an interview Monday, Nebraska's athletic director said he wasn't embarrassed by Saturday night's 70-10 loss to Texas Tech.

how the hell can you not be embarrassed after that game.

That's like saying, so, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

NOT EMBARRASED?!?!?!? What game was he watching? Sure as hell wasn't the same one we all were.

Abandon the WCO now. Why is he fixing something that's not broken? Why? Can somebody tell me, why in the hell, he's going to come in, and change the offense?

Asking Callahan to abandon the WCO would be like asking Osbourne to abandon the option. Not gonna happen.

AR Husker. Have you ever heard of the football Oklahoma Sooners. They seemed to do very well when they were one dimensional. They just happened to win a national championship being one dimensional. And now look at them, they have a very balanced offense and are number one in the nation. Weird Huh. I would say that they are doing alright.

And as I noted in a different topic, it is possible to win with a one-dimensional offense - so long as you are physically superior than your opponents. Oklahoma was for the case you cited - NU is not, at this time.

Like a couple others mentioned, of course he's not going to publicly say he's embarassed - that is ridiculous to even think he would question HIS coaches performance. And this isnt even a knock on SP being fake or what have you, this is just smart business.

He has to support his coach especially in the media, or it would open up a huge can o worms. He also wants to reassure his team that he is confident in them. Whether he truly is or not is irrelevant - of course he's disappointed overall, b/c their performance reflects on him, but its absurd to think for a minute that the CEO of a major company would publicly say he thinks his company is lousy for all the stockholders to hear.

Like a couple others mentioned, of course he's not going to publicly say he's embarassed - that is ridiculous to even think he would question HIS coaches performance. And this isnt even a knock on SP being fake or what have you, this is just smart business.

He has to support his coach especially in the media, or it would open up a huge can o worms. He also wants to reassure his team that he is confident in them. Whether he truly is or not is irrelevant - of course he's disappointed overall, b/c their performance reflects on him, but its absurd to think for a minute that the CEO of a major company would publicly say he thinks his company is lousy for all the stockholders to hear.

I would bet it has nothing to do with that. He's so in love with his hire that he probably don't even know what happen in the game. Boy the shifting looks cute though doesn't it steve?

And as I noted in a different topic, it is possible to win with a one-dimensional offense - so long as you are physically superior than your opponents. Oklahoma was for the case you cited - NU is not, at this time.

I believe that we are superior to most of the teams that we play. We have the lineman and the running backs to line up and stuff it down their throats. We may not be able to physically dominate every team that we play but if coaches are creative enough, then we could beat any team that we play even though we would be one-dimensional.

I believe that we are superior to most of the teams that we play. We have the lineman and the running backs to line up and stuff it down their throats. We may not be able to physically dominate every team that we play but if coaches are creative enough, then we could beat any team that we play even though we would be one-dimensional.

Let me get this straight. We are physically superior to most teams we play, but not all. So, for those few against whom we are not physically superior, we beat them by getting creative...in a one dimensional offense that lacks creativity?

In other words, we pass? Balance the offense?

Kinda my point...

Let me get this straight. We are physically superior to most teams we play, but not all. So, for those few against whom we are not physically superior, we beat them by getting creative...in a one dimensional offense that lacks creativity?

In other words, we pass? Balance the offense?

Kinda my point...

I don't know one team ever in the history of college of football that was strickly one-dimensional. All running teams had a few pass plays, and all passing teams had a few run plays. Of all the teams on our schedule this year, Oklahoma was the only team that I think we couldn't line up and run down their throats. And guess what, no team is going to be able to beat Oklahoma with a BALANCED offence unless they go to some trick plays. I for one would much rather have a 10-1 season that a 4-7 season. But I guess you would rather lose.