2008 starting lineup

I like Ganz a lot, but if he doesn't win the starting job this season, I don't see him holding it down next year. Give the other guys a year to adapt to the system...what a battle it would be.

My thoughts? It would be great to see Ganz start at Nebraska at some point. It's hard to know if it'll happen; certainly the odds are stacked against him. Interesting logjam at QB we'll have, between Ganz, Witt, Lee, and Gabbert...

Where do you project Todd Peterson, by the way? I hope he tears it up this year...it'll be about time.

Assuming Lucky has the kind of year we hope and expect of him, I dobut if he'll be here in '08 - he'll turn pro. Especially if the team lives up to our expectations, he'll be in a wonderful spot to go pro.

I hadn't thought of that it's a good point, but you also have to take into account who else will be leaving namely Darren McFadden, Mike Hart and likely Steve Slaton.

My point is it will be a draft loaded with running backs which is a big part of why Brandon Jackson decided to forgoe his senior season to enter the draft.

that's just my prespective on the situation.

but here's to hoping he has the kind of season you speak of that would convince him to go against those players in the draft, because you sure could be right his stock might be at an all time high after this season.

oh...my bad. hahaha, but I'd have to say Blaine Gabbert as starting QB!!

I'd be surprised if gabbert started next year. I'd look for Lee or Witt...

I'll go with Witt.

Lee. And DJR, Keller will start this year :thumbs

I was referring to the majority of the other 21 spots that are still WIDE open. :thumbs

Assuming Lucky has the kind of year we hope and expect of him, I dobut if he'll be here in '08 - he'll turn pro. Especially if the team lives up to our expectations, he'll be in a wonderful spot to go pro.

I hadn't thought of that it's a good point, but you also have to take into account who else will be leaving namely Darren McFadden, Mike Hart and likely Steve Slaton.

My point is it will be a draft loaded with running backs which is a big part of why Brandon Jackson decided to forgoe his senior season to enter the draft.

that's just my prespective on the situation.

but here's to hoping he has the kind of season you speak of that would convince him to go against those players in the draft, because you sure could be right his stock might be at an all time high after this season.

Yeah, unless Lucky has an *astounding* year I don't see any reason why he would turn pro. We have done solid RB recruiting though, lots of 4 stars, if we get a good commitment this year I wouldn't be too worried.

Westgatehusker, I disagree that knowledge of the offense means more than talent. If anything they are equal. Think of it like this:

Two people go into a room to take a calculus test. One of the people had a study sheet that he used for several weeks, and although he wasn't a very good mathmetician, he had developed a pretty good feel for the test, because he knew what to expect. The other guy only had 5 days to use his study sheet, enough time to become familiar with what was asked of him. This guy, however, was a brilliant scholar and excellent at math. Who do you think would turn out better?

Also, knowledge of an offense is something that can be picked up; talent? not so much. Sure, the WCO is intricate and unbelievably detailed, but it is still easier for an athlete to learn something new than it is for them to go against nature and magically become more talented.

he will have to really step it up and stay healthy, but it is possible.

he will have to really step it up and stay healthy, but it is possible.

would really have to have a monster yeah, and if they keep the RB by committee, i dont see it happening

Westgatehusker, I disagree that knowledge of the offense means more than talent. If anything they are equal. Think of it like this:

Two people go into a room to take a calculus test. One of the people had a study sheet that he used for several weeks, and although he wasn't a very good mathmetician, he had developed a pretty good feel for the test, because he knew what to expect. The other guy only had 5 days to use his study sheet, enough time to become familiar with what was asked of him. This guy, however, was a brilliant scholar and excellent at math. Who do you think would turn out better?

Also, knowledge of an offense is something that can be picked up; talent? not so much. Sure, the WCO is intricate and unbelievably detailed, but it is still easier for an athlete to learn something new than it is for them to go against nature and magically become more talented.

Good post, I agree with you here, that's why I'm predicting Witt in '08. He has the talent, and he'll have the knowledge. If he picked it up that well in his few months before the spring game, he should be catching up the Ganz's knowledge by the fall of 2008.