What will Nebraska's Rivals rank be?

I don't like how their top 4 players on the team have all had injury, suspension, or a new transfer.

"The uncertainty surrounding Purify and Bowman make it difficult to predict Nebraska's success, but the Cornhuskers still ought to enter the season as favorites to repeat as Big 12 North Division champions. New quarterback Sam Keller enters this season looking to make a statement after the controversy surrounding the loss of his starting job at Arizona State. The strong-armed senior should be an ideal fit for Callahan's West Coast offense. Nebraska's defense will miss the pass-rushing presence of Carriker and Moore, but the Huskers still ought to finish 10-4 with a loss in the Big 12 championship game and an appearance in the Gator Bowl or Holiday Bowl. "

I think that is sad but true, too many people have too high expectations for this year

Name your 4 losses.

:yeah Unlike last year, we won't lose games that should be won, such as OSU, and I think we'll close out games better, unlike the UT and Auburn games.

10-4 would not be really unsatisfactory IMO; it'd mean we split the postseason 1-1 and have three losses in the regular season. Not much of an improvement over last year, but there are a lot of question marks and I don't really feel that this wil be a team that trounces last year's...who knows? If the question marks get answered in the right ways...

I see losses to USC and Texas, and it just takes one more loss to match their prediction. I think one of USC and Texas may be a W, but one of A&M, Mizzou, KSU could just be a L. I'd hope we win the Big 12 CCG though, and then we'll be Fiestaing...which is to say, 10-4 or 11-3, with more likelihood of a 10-4 than in the Holiday Bowl.

But if we make it to the CCG, *why* would we be in the Holiday Bowl? I'd accept nothing lower than Cotton again.

I don't like how their top 4 players on the team have all had injury, suspension, or a new transfer.

"The uncertainty surrounding Purify and Bowman make it difficult to predict Nebraska's success, but the Cornhuskers still ought to enter the season as favorites to repeat as Big 12 North Division champions. New quarterback Sam Keller enters this season looking to make a statement after the controversy surrounding the loss of his starting job at Arizona State. The strong-armed senior should be an ideal fit for Callahan's West Coast offense. Nebraska's defense will miss the pass-rushing presence of Carriker and Moore, but the Huskers still ought to finish 10-4 with a loss in the Big 12 championship game and an appearance in the Gator Bowl or Holiday Bowl. "

I think that is sad but true, too many people have too high expectations for this year

Name your 4 losses.

in my opionion could lose any of these pretty easily- Wake Forest, Mizzou, OK ST, Texas, Kansas, plus big 12 championship and bowl

I am not saying we will have a 10-4 season but I think that too many people are putting to much into this season, we have a lot of questions and it won't take too many mistakes to make this an unsuccessful season. I really hope I am wrong but I have a bad feeling about this season

Name your 4 losses.

in my opionion could lose any of these pretty easily- Wake Forest, Mizzou, OK ST, Texas, Kansas, plus big 12 championship and bowl

I am not saying we will have a 10-4 season but I think that too many people are putting to much into this season, we have a lot of questions and it won't take too many mistakes to make this an unsuccessful season. I really hope I am wrong but I have a bad feeling about this season

The fact that you said "we" could easily lose to OSU, KU or Wake yet beat USC pretty much sums it up I think :asshat

Further, I think "we" are allowed to have high expectations considering the fact this is the year where BC will probably be extended and has his players in his system. Put up or shut up.

We can easily lose to OSU, KU, KSU, Mizzou, Wake, USC, A&M, and Texas, and that's a fact. I think this team has more resolve than that, but in this day and in this game, anything can happen. We'll see how it plays on the field and I seriously doubt we drop more than 3, but there's more to the game than perceived talent on paper, as they say.

3 losses in the regular season is not a low expectation for this year, but if we are to "improve" then it'll have to be 2 - or less, but I think 2 is a reasonable ceiling here given our schedule. Postseason is a crapshoot.

10-4 would not be really unsatisfactory IMO; it'd mean we split the postseason 1-1 and have three losses in the regular season. Not much of an improvement over last year, but there are a lot of question marks and I don't really feel that this wil be a team that trounces last year's...who knows? If the question marks get answered in the right ways...

I see losses to USC and Texas, and it just takes one more loss to match their prediction. I think one of USC and Texas may be a W, but one of A&M, Mizzou, KSU could just be a L. I'd hope we win the Big 12 CCG though, and then we'll be Fiestaing...which is to say, 10-4 or 11-3, with more likelihood of a 10-4 than in the Holiday Bowl.

But if we make it to the CCG, *why* would we be in the Holiday Bowl? I'd accept nothing lower than Cotton again.

Wait, what? Why does 10-4 mean we split the postseason? Why can't it mean that we lost all 4 games during the regular season, and went undefeated in the postseason, or lost both postseason games with 2 regular season losses? I don't get it...

Also, I think we will finish the season at 11-3, that seems like a reasonable record.

Wait, what? Why does 10-4 mean we split the postseason? Why can't it mean that we lost all 4 games during the regular season, and went undefeated in the postseason, or lost both postseason games with 2 regular season losses? I don't get it...

I think they mentioned that it was 10-4 with a loss in the CCG.

I agree, 11-3 would be nice.

We can easily lose to OSU, KU, KSU, Mizzou, Wake, USC, A&M, and Texas, and that's a fact. I think this team has more resolve than that, but in this day and in this game, anything can happen. We'll see how it plays on the field and I seriously doubt we drop more than 3, but there's more to the game than perceived talent on paper, as they say.

3 losses in the regular season is not a low expectation for this year, but if we are to "improve" then it'll have to be 2 - or less, but I think 2 is a reasonable ceiling here given our schedule. Postseason is a crapshoot.

I think USC and UT are good targets for us right now. A loss to A&M or Wake would at least be explainable, but KU should not even be a question....ever....and with an embarassing loss last year to OSU I would hope a little revenge is in order. I am a huge BC fan and I try to be realistic and patient, but USC and UT are the only teams that would be acceptable to lose to this year, period. I feel we got "our close ones" out of the way last year with UT, OU and Auburn. Now its time to be at least a threat on the big scene.