Just Curious......

I think not having Purify would most likely cost us one game somewhere along the line. He's not the gamebreaker a lot of Husker fans believe he is, but he is a significant red zone threat and a lock to make one or two drive-saving catches. And even if he was gone, we'd still have 6'5" T.P. to go up for balls in the end zone, so I wouldn't have been too worried. That being said, I don't mind having him back either:)

I dont think one player can make or break our team, like Huskerrob said fewer droped passes is the real key. But the reality is we dont have anyone like Mo. He is much faster than T Peterson more physical than T Nunn, more ups than N Swift and more experienced than Menelik Holt. Bottom line is he is a difference maker and I am glad to have him, especialy in close games like SC or UT will be.

IMO, the fact is Mo is the type of WR who is a "game-breaker".......everyone knows the A-M game..... no one else on this team would have been able to go up and get that ball.....NU losses without Mo at that point.... With the schedule NU plays, there will be a lot of close games (less than 13 points), were 1 TD or even a key first down catch late to keep the offense on the field will be HUGE !!!!

I like and respect the Nunn's, Swift's, and Peterson's of this team, but face it, Mo has the physical tools that these guys lack.....with that said, those guys have a lot of talent and heart......

From a coaching point of view, by having Mo on the field, he will draw a lot of attention from the D..... he will obviously face their best "lock-down" CB and will probably be the focal point of S help over the top.... because of this, the other guys will have a great opportunity to get open...

Mo may not end up with the numbers , but his presence alone will make the WR corp very good..... IMO, Mo will be the difference in at least 2 games........ without him, I think we would lose 2 games that we win if he plays.....