Pederson gets contract extension through 2013

I'll join in...

NU Volleyball? Champs.

NU Football? Won division

NU Baseball? Slipped bad, IMHO.

NU Basketball? I must be mad, but I see some hope.

I'll call it 2-2. Is it Florida? No. But next year if the hoops takes a step up, baseball gets to where it should be, Volleyball dominates again, as it should, and Football goes to the next plateau...I'll say it was well worth it. That said, on to the next episode.

Fops

I'll join in...

NU Volleyball? Champs.

I'll call it 2-2. Is it Florida? No. But next year if the hoops takes a step up, baseball gets to where it should be, Volleyball dominates again, as it should, and Football goes to the next plateau...I'll say it was well worth it. That said, on to the next episode.

Fops

Pederson is fine as an AD but until NU football winning its "division" is no longer touted as an accomplishment then there are serious faults.

Also, please bring back the male gymnastics and swimming teams

I'll join in...

NU Volleyball? Champs.

Fops

Considering we've been extremely strong in Volleyball for several years, I don't think Pud had much to do with this. I mean we're practically in the top 5 every year. NU won 3 NC in 4 years 10 years ago. I don't see winning the North as a big accomplishment considering the rest of the teams in the North and their records. I don't blame the baseball thing on Pud. Basketball, I had hope when I was in college over a decade ago. Just when it seems we're on the verge of great things (winning the Big 8) we fall like a house of cards. Again, I don't necessarily blame this on Pud. Football is the lifeblood of the sports teams at NU. I believe it's the only sport that runs in the black while all the rest lose money. Considering he fired a coach in 2003 that finished 10-3 and in the top 25, only to be followed up the following year with no bowl and a huge loss of income due to no bowl; I call him an :asshat

$ Bill did everything for money. However, he didn't seem to get caught up in controversy like Pud manages to do. I can't prove Pud lied on the various occasions he's been accused. However, I believe in the cliche: if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck it's probably a duck. His whole coaching search was a complete dibacle with the whole Nutt incident. Houston's AD calling him out didn't help his image either. I don't like him. He just appears too similar to a used car salesman. That being said, the contract extension came as no surprise to me. Unfortunately, he's too well connected politically in Nebraska to ever get fired. We're stuck with him through the good or the bad.

I'm sure there are those with legitamate gripes with Pedersen, but really what gives? I think there are many that just jump on the hate train blind not recognizing anything SP has done as AD.

Again, I know there are some out there with legitamate gripes, and being out of state takes me out of the situation. But I remember when I was younger everyone was blasting Bill Byrne for all the horrible changes he was making. So it just kinda sounds like AD can be a thankless job.

I'm sure there are those with legitamate gripes with Pedersen, but really what gives? I think there are many that just jump on the hate train blind not recognizing anything SP has done as AD.

Again, I know there are some out there with legitamate gripes, and being out of state takes me out of the situation. But I remember when I was younger everyone was blasting Bill Byrne for all the horrible changes he was making. So it just kinda sounds like AD can be a thankless job.

What could possibly be "legitamate" about a gripe with SP?? What did he do wrong??

What could possibly be "legitamate" about a gripe with SP?? What did he do wrong??

I don't know, I guess I was just giving them the benefit of the doubt thinking I was missing something by being out of state. personally I only see our program as a whole getting stronger. I see a future of better national respect.