HAHAHA! Are you kidding me?

I remember he kept going on and on and on about how if he stacked 8 people in the box...how ignorant...did he even *watch* the 95 game? The commentators pointedly said that Florida was throwing 8 or even 9 guys to try to stuff the run against, and they couldn't do it. It was the same when Nebraska puts in the 3rd string o-line (I think, that's what the TV guys said anyway) and then had the 3rd/4th I-backs barrel down the field untouched...

Ohio State's longest scoring drive in that championship game was like 35 yards. They got two touchdowns in overtime. Had a fumble from Dorsey at about the 30 and an interception at the 35. That Ohio State team is more of an example of why you play the game rather than look at the teams on paper. However, the Huskers would of killed that OSU team.

I'll never understand why some people think it's fun to compare teams from totally different eras. It's friggin dumb if you ask me.

edit: Weeeee! 6500 posts!

The best part is it's always 95 Nebraska vs. ****. If you're comparing 2 teams and one is always '95 Nebraska, then shouldn't that be telling ESPN something

Thank you.

...did he even *watch* the 95 game?

are we talking about the husker team that put the wood to the gators? if it is, i can remember that he was one of the commentators who were saying nebraska was gonna get their doors blown off because they were playing on *natural turf* and wouldn't be able to compensate for such an environment.

what a morooooon.

I'll never understand why some people think it's fun to compare teams from totally different eras. It's friggin dumb if you ask me.

edit: Weeeee! 6500 posts!

What are you talking about, 95 to 02, isn't that like 7 years? It's not like the game changed dramatically in that time. Not exactly different eras. We're not talking about the ND teams of the 40's or the OU teams of the 50's here, it is seven freaking years.