HAHAHA! Are you kidding me?

I'll never understand why some people think it's fun to compare teams from totally different eras. It's friggin dumb if you ask me.

edit: Weeeee! 6500 posts!

The best part is it's always 95 Nebraska vs. ****. If you're comparing 2 teams and one is always '95 Nebraska, then shouldn't that be telling ESPN something

Well said. :hellloooo

I'll never understand why some people think it's fun to compare teams from totally different eras. It's friggin dumb if you ask me.

edit: Weeeee! 6500 posts!

I agree, you can't compare different eras. I don't even know if it's all that feasible to compare back to back season NC's. The thing I find ironic and mostly hypocritical is how posters here always bash fans from other teams that cling to major victories like CU fans and the 2001 game versus NU. However, the posters here are more than willing to cling to major victories or a team that we had over a decade ago. Who cares if someone believes a team from a couple of years ago could beat a team we had over a decade? There's fans that believe we shouldn't have been the NC's in 1994 (mostly Penn State fans). I think we can all agree that the 95 team was the best ever football team NU has fielded. Were they the best team ever? Who cares? We'll never know unless it's flag football and we can get LP out of jail, slim Tommie down quite a bit, and clone Brook's remains!

It's all in good fun. No one can really prove anything. But it gives us something to talk about during this LONG LONG offseason.

stike that first part. It SHOULD be all in good fun. :) Still no sense in getting feathers ruffled over it. If I were a Miami fan, of course I would say the 2001 team was the best of all time. But of course I am a Nebraska fan that wouldn't mind debating said Miami fan :)

It's all in good fun. No one can really prove anything. But it gives us something to talk about during this LONG LONG offseason.

stike that first part. It SHOULD be all in good fun. :) Still no sense in getting feathers ruffled over it. If I were a Miami fan, of course I would say the 2001 team was the best of all time. But of course I am a Nebraska fan that wouldn't mind debating said Miami fan :)

Actually alot of the Miami fans have said that 95 Huskers were the best ever and 2001 Miami was a close second. Not everyone is a homer. It appears that the only ones that think tOSU WAS BETTER ARE Butteye fans and one idiot Sooner fan. Everyone else has said that their is no comparison. Actually one Michigan fan said their 97 team would have beaten our 95 team.

Actually alot of the Miami fans have said that 95 Huskers were the best ever and 2001 Miami was a close second. Not everyone is a homer. It appears that the only ones that think tOSU WAS BETTER ARE Butteye fans and one idiot Sooner fan. Everyone else has said that their is no comparison. Actually one Michigan fan said their 97 team would have beaten our 95 team.

It is really tough to argue that our '95 team isn't the best team of all time. The way we dominated that "fast" SEC defense and ate Danny Warfell's lunch, it is tough to say any other team would even hold a candle to us. tOSU Fans are just dreamers.

Remember, it's "THE" Ohio State University. 95 Huskers, best team ever-period. I was at that game against Florida, but just recently watched the TV version. Man, talk about big, strong, and fast players, plus phenomenal depth. Just glad we have this type of tradition to talk about, some schools would kill just for one of our championship teams.

Their 97 team wouldn't have beaten our 97 team. Didn't they win by 5 points over an unranked opponent in the Rose Bowl? Didn't we stomp all over Peyton Manning in the Orange?

They beat 8th ranked Washington State 21-16. Still we were much better, crushing # 3 ranked Tennesee 42-17.