Back in Top 10 to stay?

Is this the year that the system is finally in place? The McBride Blackshirts did not need overhauling, but since you junked the most productive offense in college football history, we should give you time to re-tool. So here is the question, is teh offensive skill talent on par with Texas, OU and USC? A better question might be, is it on par with Okie State? The defense front 7 is BIG, Big 10 big, but they lack the Big 12 elites speed that Texas and OU have. The secondary can't cover those teams WRs. My question, is why did the DEFENSE fall so far off, when it was the offense that was being JUNKED? Maybe it was tha Solich just could not recruit TALENT, and he had taken the entire program down, Blackshirts and all.

One reason the defense fell like it did was because we had some DB's jump ship entering into the NFL draft leaving some pretty young and inexperienced ones to fill their vacancies. Plus, we had some injury problems at DB and a great talent leave the team.

The LB's in McBride's hay day haven't been around for quite some time. We went away from smaller, faster LB's to big slow and don't crucify me white LB's. I realize Shanle is playing in the pros, but LB's like him are what led to the drummin we took at the hands of CU in 2001.

The DL has always been good and solid. Last year, the DL was excellent. I don't think we've seen a fall off at the DL position.

the defense was overhauled as well. i believe we've had 3 d-coordinators in the last 6 years, right? it was the overall talent level and a completely new system that's being put in place. offense, defense, special teams, attitude, philosophies, tempo's, schedules, coaches, trainers...you get the idea.\

i think this guys an Oklahama State fan. he keeps comparing us to them especially last years game. i think it's funny though cuz he is just about saying "so when are you guys going to be number 1 again?" like the inevitable is going to happen. just like everyone else in the nation, they know...they know.

the defense was overhauled as well. i believe we've had 3 d-coordinators in the last 6 years, right? it was the overall talent level and a completely new system that's being put in place. offense, defense, special teams, attitude, philosophies, tempo's, schedules, coaches, trainers...you get the idea.\

i think this guys an Oklahama State fan. he keeps comparing us to them especially last years game. i think it's funny though cuz he is just about saying "so when are you guys going to be number 1 again?" like the inevitable is going to happen. just like everyone else in the nation, they know...they know.

Yeah..............take that.

Is this the year that the system is finally in place? The McBride Blackshirts did not need overhauling, but since you junked the most productive offense in college football history, we should give you time to re-tool. So here is the question, is teh offensive skill talent on par with Texas, OU and USC? A better question might be, is it on par with Okie State? The defense front 7 is BIG, Big 10 big, but they lack the Big 12 elites speed that Texas and OU have. The secondary can't cover those teams WRs. My question, is why did the DEFENSE fall so far off, when it was the offense that was being JUNKED? Maybe it was tha Solich just could not recruit TALENT, and he had taken the entire program down, Blackshirts and all.

Com'on, out with it. Who do you really root for on Saturdays during the Fall? I smell someone from the B12 south here :dumdum