What happens if

It's beginning to feel like college football's best fans are just like the rest. Things change, maybe it is for the good, maybe it isn't. I know if I am there with a SC alum and we act like a bunch of idiots I won't be impressed and neither will he. We were treated with the upmost respect at SC. A great bunch of people who I totally enjoyed my day with. I hope I will be able to say that when I leave the game.

Do any of you think Dr. Tom will be storming the field with you?

Well it appears I am going to have a front row seat if it does happen. My boss, the companay sales manager, Vice president and I are going to come back for the game. The boss and sales manager are big SC fans, and I have told them forever about Nebraska football. They want to see it first hand. Company buying the tickets and airfare. I had opted for the Missouri game, but it now sounds like I will get to see two very important games this year.

Who is having the tailgate? Big Red Iowan? I have to show these guys a great time. I am counting on all you crazy Husker fans to gitur dun.

Can hardly wait.

damn it BRI, now we have skersfan going to the USC game, and you still fail to get me my tickets. I owe skersfan a beer

AR multiply your fees by what ever you need to so you can buy them for me, BRI has failed and you are my back up plan

Consider it done, buddy. :thumbs

let me know when you have them and i will pm you with my address to send them to. Thanks, I knew I could count on you

Well it appears I am going to have a front row seat if it does happen. My boss, the companay sales manager, Vice president and I are going to come back for the game. The boss and sales manager are big SC fans, and I have told them forever about Nebraska football. They want to see it first hand. Company buying the tickets and airfare. I had opted for the Missouri game, but it now sounds like I will get to see two very important games this year.

Who is having the tailgate? Big Red Iowan? I have to show these guys a great time. I am counting on all you crazy Husker fans to gitur dun.

Can hardly wait.

damn it BRI, now we have skersfan going to the USC game, and you still fail to get me my tickets. I owe skersfan a beer

AR multiply your fees by what ever you need to so you can buy them for me, BRI has failed and you are my back up plan

Consider it done, buddy. :thumbs

let me know when you have them and i will pm you with my address to send them to. Thanks, I knew I could count on you

Dammit skersfan if I would have known you were coming into town I would have already gotten everything ready!!!! Rob you need to sell a kidney I think for me to get tickets to the SC game!!! :o

It's beginning to feel like college football's best fans are just like the rest. Things change, maybe it is for the good, maybe it isn't. I know if I am there with a SC alum and we act like a bunch of idiots I won't be impressed and neither will he. We were treated with the upmost respect at SC. A great bunch of people who I totally enjoyed my day with. I hope I will be able to say that when I leave the game.

I just don't understand how it's disrespect? Are the USC fans going to see that and say, "wow they are horrible because look, they're excited." NO! Like I said in the first post, we did this two times within 2 years, in 92 and 94, against sCUm. The first game ended with us winning 52-7, and we took them down. And Tom was the coach then, and I don't remember hearing anything about how he thinks we're classless because we celebrated a little. So now that we want to get excited we are suddenly not the best fans in college football? :wtf You often point out how we have a lot to prove, and there is plenty to be done before we are considered "back." Well then celebrate a little if we pull this off.

I just don't understand how it's disrespect? Are the USC fans going to see that and say, "wow they are horrible because look, they're excited." NO! Like I said in the first post, we did this two times within 2 years, in 92 and 94, against sCUm. The first game ended with us winning 52-7, and we took them down. And Tom was the coach then, and I don't remember hearing anything about how he thinks we're classless because we celebrated a little. So now that we want to get excited we are suddenly not the best fans in college football? :wtf You often point out how we have a lot to prove, and there is plenty to be done before we are considered "back." Well then celebrate a little if we pull this off.

Exactly. :hellloooo Give me an F'in break. They are a college football team, not a chess team.......Go nuts on the big ones its OK.

I don't condone tearing down the posts, but it has been a long time since NU beat the #1 team in the nation at home. Fans are fans, having a celebration is great if no one gets hurt. If fans tear down goalposts afterwards is secondary...USC will be #1 on Sept. 15th. What is primary to me is if they drop Sept. 16th.

NU may be a "Historic Program", but even in our history we've celebrated by tearing down the goal posts.

1978, #1 rated Oklahoma comes into Memorial Stadium. Billy Sims lays the ball on the AstroTurf in the final minute of the game and we preserve a 17-14 win; TO's first win over Oklahoma. (Is that the last time we defeated a #1 ranked team?)

I watched the goal posts come down that day. And they indeed did parade down "O" street.

That being said, I would hate to see Husker fans act like Buckeye fans did when they won their NC a couple of years ago. We lived in Ohio at the time. All kinds of violence and destruction in Columbus that night, including cars being rolled over, furniture being taken out the curb and set on fire.

Cheer the opponent as they leave the field, get excited and enjoy the win. I don't agree with charging the field and taking down goal posts, but that pails in comparison to what has started to happen in sports these days.

NU may be a "Historic Program", but even in our history we've celebrated by tearing down the goal posts.

1978, #1 rated Oklahoma comes into Memorial Stadium. Billy Sims lays the ball on the AstroTurf in the final minute of the game and we preserve a 17-14 win; TO's first win over Oklahoma. (Is that the last time we defeated a #1 ranked team?)

I watched the goal posts come down that day. And they indeed did parade down "O" street.

That being said, I would hate to see Husker fans act like Buckeye fans did when they won their NC a couple of years ago. We lived in Ohio at the time. All kinds of violence and destruction in Columbus that night, including cars being rolled over, furniture being taken out the curb and set on fire.

Cheer the opponent as they leave the field, get excited and enjoy the win. I don't agree with charging the field and taking down goal posts, but that pails in comparison to what has started to happen in sports these days.

There is a big jump from goal posts coming down to burning furniture in the streets.

Some see this as the biggest game we have had. I see the Nevada game as the biggest we have, then I see the Wake Forest game the same as the SC game.

Very important game no question.

Breaking the law and thinking it is okay to destroy property leads to the things in the street. Getting in SC fans faces after the game.

I have never been proud of the fact that our goal posts have come down. A very small number of fans do it. It does not represent the thinking of the majority. Most would not want them torn down. I want the win just as badly as any of you, but to me it is like hell we won let me break up my sofa. Pretty stupid when it all comes down to it.

But I will bet a 100.00 it does not happen even if we win. If it does we are no better than the scum students from last year. Uncontrollable, good or bad the same thing.