sCUm game

The Clarion Harvest House on Arapahoe and 28th (I think) in Boulder is generally where the Husker fans gather. Lots of buff fans too but its a good time. Been there many times myself. Then you just walk to the staduim from there. Not bad. Lots of fun. In years past the cheerleaders would come through sometimes Herbie would come through.

just fyi

The Clarion Harvest House on Arapahoe and 28th (I think) in Boulder is generally where the Husker fans gather. Lots of buff fans too but its a good time. Been there many times myself. Then you just walk to the staduim from there. Not bad. Lots of fun. In years past the cheerleaders would come through sometimes Herbie would come through.

just fyi

Dont they have beer gardens set up around there. I remember the husker band

going through there as well.

Ok so I got 10 tickets to the game in section 103. Is there anyone else in that section? And this being my first game at the toilet bowl called Folsom field any pregame festivities or advice for us?

If your going to tailgate, the only place I have ever tailgated is on the North side of the stadium. There is an apartment complex parking lot that backs up against a creek. Its an easy walk to the stadium. Most people use the creek if they have to take a leak as there is plenty of tree cover. You will see a mix of CU and Husker fans tailgating there and its always been friendly as the crowd is older. We tailgated next to Joel Klats (CU's QB) parent/relatives a few years ago and they were alright. One more thing....the spots fill up quicky so get there early.

The bar scene afterwards is no fun if your a Husker fan. Its been my experience that they are usually looking for a reason to throw Husker fans out of the bar. Even my buddy who is a CU alum got thrown out for sticking up for Husker fans.

I did not look at the Folsum map so I am not sure where you are sitting in realation to the student section. The game experience is good as long as your not close to the student section. They will throw everything you can think of at you and toss every verbal insult as well. Thus, the perception of sCUm fans being the worse in Nation...and its true but... comes MOSTLY from the younger crowd and or students at CU.

I will be at the game this year again however, I have no idea where we are sitting just yet. My buddy has to score the tickets when the game is at CU and he has not done so yet.

I hope this helps.

I think so. The last game we went to, when the students were cleared out, which was great fun to witness by the way, we went to the Broker w/ the Coloradans for Nebraska group, which was not nearly as much fun to be honest as the Harvest House in prior years. But yes, I believe there are beer gardens set up at the Harvest House.

just fyi

Good to hear...I had heard there were some good/safe places in Boulder for Husker fans but I had not found them yet.

Ok so I got 10 tickets to the game in section 103. Is there anyone else in that section? And this being my first game at the toilet bowl called Folsom field any pregame festivities or advice for us?

If your going to tailgate, the only place I have ever tailgated is on the North side of the stadium. There is an apartment complex parking lot that backs up against a creek. Its an easy walk to the stadium. Most people use the creek if they have to take a leak as there is plenty of tree cover. You will see a mix of CU and Husker fans tailgating there and its always been friendly as the crowd is older. We tailgated next to Joel Klats (CU's QB) parent/relatives a few years ago and they were alright. One more thing....the spots fill up quicky so get there early.

The bar scene afterwards is no fun if your a Husker fan. Its been my experience that they are usually looking for a reason to throw Husker fans out of the bar. Even my buddy who is a CU alum got thrown out for sticking up for Husker fans.

I did not look at the Folsum map so I am not sure where you are sitting in realation to the student section. The game experience is good as long as your not close to the student section. They will throw everything you can think of at you and toss every verbal insult as well. Thus, the perception of sCUm fans being the worse in Nation...and its true but... comes MOSTLY from the younger crowd and or students at CU.

I will be at the game this year again however, I have no idea where we are sitting just yet. My buddy has to score the tickets when the game is at CU and he has not done so yet.

I hope this helps.

You are absolutely right. It is the students and the younger 'people' that cause all the ruckus, and I think the place you are talking about is close to the Clarion is it not?

We've never gone to the bars in Boulder after the game or ever actually. We live in Longmont, so we wait and go to the bars there so I can't speak to the evil in the bars in Boulder but I'm sure it is there.

just know that most sCUm fans HATE nebraska. i think it's called "win envy"

but when we're winning in the third Qtr and all their fans have left, it can be pretty fun. clarion house=most Husker fans.

Ya i know, i have lived in bennett co for almost a year now but have never been up to boulder yet. Thanks for all the good advice for hang-outs!! we will probably go to the harvest house to hang out with REAL football fans :corndance:corndance:corndance

I hope this helps.

You are absolutely right. It is the students and the younger 'people' that cause all the ruckus, and I think the place you are talking about is close to the Clarion is it not?

We've never gone to the bars in Boulder after the game or ever actually. We live in Longmont, so we wait and go to the bars there so I can't speak to the evil in the bars in Boulder but I'm sure it is there.

I am not sure of the names of the bars we were at post game but I am sure its close to the Clarion. I was usually in "follow my buddy" mode as he knew his way around, thus, I paid no attention to the names.

I'm in section 215 - same as 2 years ago. Don't freak out about the fans. I've been to the last 4 games there and have only had some good-natured ribbing and a few cat-calls from far away. The idiot fans are extremely fair-weather so if CU's having another bad season, only the better fans will be at the game.