Callahans First Fall Press Conference

Here are the major statements made in it...

- Zac Lee has been cleared and will compete for the starting QB role

- Zack Bowman is the only player that will not be practicing, but will be on the sideline practicing mental reps

- Niles Paul will be a "Z" Flanker WR

- Major Culbert will be competing as a RB in Fall Camp

- Prince Amukamara is being tried out as a CB

- Eric Hagg will be a Safety

- Anthony Blue will be a Corner

- Latravis Washington will be a WILL LB

Link To Full Press Conference

- Zack Bowman is the only player that will not be practicing, but will be on the sideline practicing mental reps

This hurts.

Theres no way we should expect him to be out there though... they are already saying for how far along he is could be considered a miracle.

This hurts.

I agree, but I think that if somehow he can be practicing in the next 10 days, there is a shot he could play vs. USC. If he can't, and no one else steps up, it could be a very long day for Grixby & NU.

This hurts.

I agree, but I think that if somehow he can be practicing in the next 10 days, there is a shot he could play vs. USC. If he can't, and no one else steps up, it could be a very long day for Grixby & NU.

I think it was far-fetched to think he would go right away vs. Nevada, something Cosgrove said would happen a couple months ago. That said, I really do believe that they'll hold him out vs. Nevada, work him in during the WF game, then give him significant time vs. USC.

One more thing: I love when coaches talk about "mental reps". We used to talk about them at my school, and let's just put it this way: there is no substitute for the real thing. Mental reps are nearly useless, you need to be on the field. Obviously his injury prevents this, but I still love the verbage. It's another great coaching saying, mental reps.

he will be tackling people for loss of yards... WITH THE POWER OF HIS MIND..!

edit:

scanners.gif

SCAN ME!

This hurts.

Theres no way we should expect him to be out there though... they are already saying for how far along he is could be considered a miracle.

Ya give him all the time he needs to be ready. Risking another injury even for the USC game is not worth the whole season.

he will be tackling people for loss of yards... WITH THE POWER OF HIS MIND..!

edit:

scanners.gif

SCAN ME!

Hack, do you watch "The Twilight Zone" before games? Just curious. :)

This hurts.

his official status right now is day to day

This hurts.

his official status right now is day to day

And to quote the great Dan Patrick. "He's listed as day to day, but really, aren't we all?"

This hurts.

Not really.

I would agree, there is no sense in running the risk of re-injury. Fall camp offers little time to repair and rest muscles let alone injuries.

The first priority I would think would be to make sure he is 100% ready physically, the mental aspect for a player who has played JUCO and been here for 3 years now is of little importance.