Mark May picks USC to win easily

Anyone think USC is happy to come here to play?

Anyone think anyone from USC knows where they are going? This isn't the sticks of Arkansas, and it isn't South Bend, which Nebraska owns anyway.

Nebraska has two good teams to play before USC...USC could send their scrimmage team to play Idaho.

I'm not saying this will be an easy task...but there are things in Nebraska's favor...just need to take advantage of them.

I think USC is excited to come here to play. USC can prove that they are as good as the polls show by winning in Nebraska and Nebraska can prove that they are again a national powerhouse by beating USC. It is a perfect setup for both teams. But I think our players will be licking there chops and play there asses off to get big win.

Yea, I pretty much stopped watching the show because I got tired of the USC talk. They won't have anything legitimately worthwhile to say until the games start anyways, so why subject yourself to all the USC propaganda? I refuse to watch the program because of May and the Kirk Douchestreet appearances that are sure to come.

Yea, I pretty much stopped watching the show because I got tired of the USC talk. They won't have anything legitimately worthwhile to say until the games start anyways, so why subject yourself to all the USC propaganda? I refuse to watch the program because of May and the Kirk Douchestreet appearances that are sure to come.

I was hoping we'd at least hear a little more on the Big XII teams. I wish they'd have a few days in a row where they talked for 30 minutes about one conference only. They did interview an OSU guy the other day, but I'd like to hear more about how the other teams are looking.

I think I might be the only person in the country who isn't impressed by this year's SC team. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they've lost Jarret and Smith (their only real threat), and I've NEVER been that impressed with John "Takes it up the" Booty. Every time the little sissy gets clocked by a 220 lb linebacker he goes into a shell and starts crying. Granted, the team usually carries his ass, but overall I don't see them being as potent this season as people think they are. They've got talent, they've got depth, but SC is like the rich kid living on the hill. They, along with everyone else, assume that victory is inevitable. Pride cometh before the fall, gentlemen, it always does.

An easy win? Exactly what is going to be easy about it if our offense shows up to play? This is nothing but a bunch of SC worship––bullsh#t, basically. I saw that broadcast, by the way, and it took no more than thirty seconds before my idiot-sense was tingling. I recognized this fool from the word Go.

I can't wait for Sept. 15. The sooner we deliver a swift, much-needed nutshot to these Phillistines the better off this country will be.

Un-f'ing-believable.

:bonez And USC must be razed to the ground :bonez

The thing is, I give USC credit for an incredible run. The past 5 years they've done great, but at the same time I feel like the media feeds into that. When the most prominent sports network in the world makes a point to basically make public service announcements and commercials promoting you, that has a huge effect on recruiting. Kids see that, and it is why they continue to reload like they do. I just wish that the media was unbiased, especially ESPN.

The thing that we all have to remember is that they were doing the same thing with Miami at the beginning of this decade, but the Hurricanes fell back to earth, and the Trojans will too. College football is cyclical, and while the Trojan's run is going to be longer than Miami's was, eventually it will end.

I think the press and sports world in general are just accustomed to jocking USC in the preseason. As far as I can tell, this is the weakest team that USC has had since the "dynasty" began. Just compare their skill positions to the Leinart/Bush era, and then tell me that this team is worthy of the praise that is being heaped upon them. I dare you. I don't give a f#*k how "good" their defense looks on paper, they don't have the experience on offense that it takes to average 50 points per game this year.

The thing is, I give USC credit for an incredible run. The past 5 years they've done great, but at the same time I feel like the media feeds into that. When the most prominent sports network in the world makes a point to basically make public service announcements and commercials promoting you, that has a huge effect on recruiting. Kids see that, and it is why they continue to reload like they do. I just wish that the media was unbiased, especially ESPN.

The thing that we all have to remember is that they were doing the same thing with Miami at the beginning of this decade, but the Hurricanes fell back to earth, and the Trojans will too. College football is cyclical, and while the Trojan's run is going to be longer than Miami's was, eventually it will end.

Thier run will not end till Pete Carol is gone.

I would like to think of myself is a realistic guy, who sees this program for what it is, and not someone blinded by hype. that being said, I would say the chances of them coming in here and blowing us out are very, very slim. I know they age a great team. but anyone who says they are going to do that has no clue of what nebraska football is. it is very rare that a team comes into lincoln and puts one on us. and when it does, its usually one of or not so great teams. that would not be the case this year. we might not be a NT team, but its a very solid squad.

I'm not saying that it cant happen, because clearly it can if they get the breaks. but chances are they are in for quite a battle

I would like to think of myself is a realistic guy, who sees this program for what it is, and not someone blinded by hype. that being said, I would say the chances of them coming in here and blowing us out are very, very slim. I know they age a great team. but anyone who says they are going to do that has no clue of what nebraska football is. it is very rare that a team comes into lincoln and puts one on us. and when it does, its usually one of or not so great teams. that would not be the case this year. we might not be a NT team, but its a very solid squad.

I'm not saying that it cant happen, because clearly it can if they get the breaks. but chances are they are in for quite a battle

Not at all..We have no chance..If you're a USC coach or player reading this..No need to even practice for this one..Everyone loves you.

To All UNL Coaches and Players:

Get 'em !!!

or when they start reading and believing all of the media hype about them being God's greatest gift to college football

Or when something crazy like sanctions happen....................ya right...............F**kin cheaters.

Let it go...man.

look guys, USC will be extremely hard to beat. they will have to turnover the ball at least 3-4 times and we will have to play flawless ball, odds are that not both will happen. no shame in that and no shame in hoping our guys can deliver either, but in reality their defense will not allow us more than 17-21 points, if that. their offense is easily good for 28-35 given our poor defensive backs and unproven D line. we can hope for the best and we should, but even though May is a jerk, he is reading this correctly. outcome and game to come.........

look guys, USC will be extremely hard to beat. they will have to turnover the ball at least 3-4 times and we will have to play flawless ball, odds are that not both will happen. no shame in that and no shame in hoping our guys can deliver either, but in reality their defense will not allow us more than 17-21 points, if that. their offense is easily good for 28-35 given our poor defensive backs and unproven D line. we can hope for the best and we should, but even though May is a jerk, he is reading this correctly. outcome and game to come.........

We are unproven in every area just because it is a new year, Keller has never played a game for us yet, he's unproven, or freshmen have never played a game either. Every team (including USC) has unproven areas and players. What I'm saying is just because we have much unproven doesn't mean much, many guys on our defense have had playing time, just haven't started. Mark May is still an idiot though.