Texas-Nebraska game

I think one advantage we have is getting to McCoy. He proved last year that he is fragile when attacked. I think all it takes is a few good hits on him and he is mentally out of the game (if not physically). He may have bulked up this year but lets see him take some shots (preferably from our D-line that is "weak" in peoples minds)

so you think that because the game is in Austin, that will make the difference between W and L??

Well, we couldn't beat them in our house, so what makes you think we can win in Austin?

NU is deeper

1st time taking a competent coaching staff to Austin

Vastly improved O-Line with a QB that can take advantage of it

Anyone seen Colt Mccoy lately. He has gotten big. Not fat but bulked up muscle.

I think that will be one hell of a game .

Hate to admit it but I think that home field gives them the edge.

I worked at the Austin Golf Club this summer and he came out. I didn't even recognize him at first, he looks like he may have added up to 15-20 lbs. Keeping him on the ground is going to be key. Their o-line has a lot to prove just like our d-line; I just hope that our d-line proves themselves.

Anyone seen Colt Mccoy lately. He has gotten big. Not fat but bulked up muscle.

I think that will be one hell of a game .

Hate to admit it but I think that home field gives them the edge.

I worked at the Austin Golf Club this summer and he came out. I didn't even recognize him at first, he looks like he may have added up to 15-20 lbs. Keeping him on the ground is going to be key. Their o-line has a lot to prove just like our d-line; I just hope that our d-line proves themselves.

In an interview recently he said he gained 12 pounds.

Keller can stretch the field

The quarterback can't stretch the field by himself. We need a TE threat.

As far as what the overall offensive theme will be that day, it depends on how the offensive line is performing primarily. In pass protection and run-blocking. NU has to be able to run the ball for at least 4-5 yards a carry.

Secondary to that, can the WR's get off of coverage? NU has struggled with that when coming up against bigger more physical DB's. For example, Auburn.

There already is a captain obvious, I know the QB cant stretch the field by himself, I was just refering to his arm being stronger than Taylors. :lol:

I'm not sure we need a TE threat, it would be nice but TE's can run short routes and keep the LB's occupied.

I agree the OL will be the key to succes..........as with every other game we play.

Honestly I think our WR's will be much more prepared to be physical, and if not, we have alot of guys to replace them with till we find some that will. :)

Texas is always tough, even tougher at home (most teams are). I really think the key to beating Texas is putting pressure on McCoy and us protecting the football. I believe the teams will match up pretty well in most areas. It should be a humdinger of a game.

NU is not good on the road since BC took over the job (6-9). However, this game will probably not really come down to that, yet it will be key matchups. McCoy will be better than his redshirt freshman debut. Will Keller perform better than Zack Taylor? This will be the question that needs answered before the game begins. Can NU's new front 4 put pressure on McCoy? The DB's for NU should be better, and the LB crew should be as well. However, it all starts up front. If they can't get any pressure on McCoy, he'll pick our secondary apart.

On offense, the OLine should be better. The RB's will be consistent with a year ago. The WR's should be better. NU's offense should move the ball better than we did a year ago. However, Texas's offense will probably move the ball better than they did a year ago as well. Right now, the nod has to go to Texas because they are the home team. They know they're QB should be better than in his debut season. We don't know whether or not Keller will be better than Taylor last year. Until each team has played a game or two, there's still too many variables. I'm sure the Vegas odds will favor Texas.

NU is not good on the road since BC took over the job (6-9). However, this game will probably not really come down to that, yet it will be key matchups. McCoy will be better than his redshirt freshman debut. Will Keller perform better than Zack Taylor? This will be the question that needs answered before the game begins. Can NU's new front 4 put pressure on McCoy? The DB's for NU should be better, and the LB crew should be as well. However, it all starts up front. If they can't get any pressure on McCoy, he'll pick our secondary apart.

On offense, the OLine should be better. The RB's will be consistent with a year ago. The WR's should be better. NU's offense should move the ball better than we did a year ago. However, Texas's offense will probably move the ball better than they did a year ago as well. Right now, the nod has to go to Texas because they are the home team. They know they're QB should be better than in his debut season. We don't know whether or not Keller will be better than Taylor last year. Until each team has played a game or two, there's still too many variables. I'm sure the Vegas odds will favor Texas.

It's a different team this year, I think that it is an improved team.