Now Mark May gives Nebraska a little credit...

Again just watched College Football Live on ESPN and just laughed my ass off this time.

FINALLY they have mentioned something about the Big XII North. After a month of this show and we're just now hearing something?

What was funny was Mark Mary's....excuse me Mark May's lead in to the teams in the Big XII North. Rece Davis' quip of "Oklahoma? Well, there's a whole 'nother division in the Big XII...the North"

Mark May responded, "You're right. Nebraska, Missouri, Colorado...they're going to play in that championship game also."

What a sec....

Colorado?

Did he just say Colorado???

HAHAHAHAHAH :lol:

Ahhhhh...but seriously folks. He does go on to say it's going to come down to Missouri and Nebraska (wait...wasn't it down to Missouri and Nebraska at the beginning of the year last year? And who won the division easily? oh yeah. But I guess someone rambled on about Iowa State competing, but we didn't see much of them).

He says Keller will get the starting position but he won't have any backup on the defense side of things because the front four need replacing.

Then basically says the same thing about Missouri in different wording and how terrific Chase Daniels is (I had to run to the toilet and throw up after that one).

Last but not least he said don't forget about Ron Prince and Josh Freeman. The two will be having their one year wedding anniversary here soon and they beat Texas last year!

Although Freeman is 30lbs heavier....but he's starting the Jenny Craig diet! So watch out!

Ah, I love this show.

Mark May said that Florida St would play in the national championship game last year. I think that is about the only thing that ever needs to be said in response to his nonsensical ramblings. Get that a-hole some immodium, he has diarrhea of the mouth.

I gave up watching SEC college football live. There was SEC something about watching SEC college football live I just SEC couldn't get into. I SEC guess I'll just wait until the SEC college football season gets SEC started. For some SEC reason I can't even remember what SEC team I cheer for. Long SEC live college SEC football.

I gave up watching SEC college football live. There was SEC something about watching SEC college football live I just SEC couldn't get into. I SEC guess I'll just wait until the SEC college football season gets SEC started. For some SEC reason I can't even remember what SEC team I cheer for. Long SEC live college SEC football.

Haha....I thought I was the only one who noticed a biased approach. But hey, I live in Alabama....I hear all too much how unbelievable the SEC is, and how every SEC team would be undefeated if only they didn't have to play those pesky SEC teams. Give me a break!!!!! I'd take the top four Big 12 teams against the top 4 teams in any conference. The problem with the last 3 years or so, is with all the fluff being blown up the SEC teams' collective behinds, ESPN, SEC fans, and others are actually starting to believe it. And just what exactly have they done that any other conference hasn't?

If the SEC is so great, and we (NU) is so weak, how do they explain us outplaying the team that beat the mighty Florida Gators? The SEC is no better, in my opinion than the Big XII or Pac-10. They just have a ton more hype.

The SEC is no better, in my opinion than the Big XII or Pac-10. They just have a ton more hype.

especially this year. I think we'll definitely see a Big XII team fighting for a NC this year. Despite what one commentator on the ESPN show said about OU dropping out of the top 25 several weeks into the season (can't remember who said that), I think they'll do pretty well this year...and hopefully Nebraska might be among the ranks considered for a BCS game at least.

I think we'll definitely see a Big XII team fighting for a NC this year. Despite what one commentator on the ESPN show said about OU dropping out of the top 25 several weeks into the season (can't remember who said that), I think they'll do pretty well this year...and hopefully Nebraska might be among the ranks considered for a BCS game at least.

Yep...OU is going to be good this year. Their defense is going to be great. I hope they win the south, and we get to play them again this year.

As for the Huskers, I have not felt this amped up for a season since I don't know when...I guess in the 90's we were so used to winning, it was kind of like business as usual. Then when Frank took over, it started slipping, and we started to lose that confidence. I was definitely pumped for Coach Callahan's first year because of the monumental change about to happen.

Since 2002, I have not felt totally confident, like I was used to....Until 2007!!! I've just got a feeling about this team. I can't explain it. They have impressed me as young men, and as athletes all spring, summer, and into fall camp.

Anybody else about to explode waiting on the wolfpack to get into Lincoln??????

Go Big Red!!!

Anybody else about to explode waiting on the wolfpack to get into Lincoln??????

good god am I ever.

I'm supposed to be sitting here doing work and I can't stop thinking about how it will feel August 31st when I go to bed and arise early on September 1st all excited like a kid on Christmas! Thank god we don't have a late game that day! 2:30pm is perfect! :woo:woo:woo:woo:woo:woo:woo:woo:woo:woo:woo:woo:woo:woo:woo:woo:woo

Have you guy's heard that USC's team is the best in college football history? :sarcasm

They aren't???

No. 1 Seed: 1995 Nebraska Cornhuskers

The 1971 Cornhuskers played in the Game of the Century, but the 1995 Cornhuskers don't take a backseat to anyone, not even the fabled '71 team.

Talent was everywhere on the '95 team with Tommie Frazier, Jared Tomich, Ahman Green, Lawrence Phillips, Aaron Taylor, Tyrone Williams, Mike Minter, Jamel Williams and Grant Wistrom, just to name a few.

In the regular season, Nebraska beat three top-10 opponents and outscored the opposition by 38.8 points and 262.2 yards per game. Still, the defending national champion Huskers kept hearing about Florida and the offensive wizardry of Steve Spurrier. It was to be a Fiesta Bowl for the ages. It became that, but for a much different reason.

The "Fun 'n Gun" never had a chance as Nebraska rolled to an emphatic 62-24 win over the Gators. Nebraska's famed "Blackshirt" defense had seven sacks and allowed just 269 total yards. Heisman runner-up Frazier ran for 199 yards and accounted for three touchdowns.

In becoming the first repeat champion since the 1978-79 Alabama squads, Nebraska also set a mark for the largest margin of victory by a No. 1-ranked team in a bowl game, recorded the second-biggest blowout ever by a No. 1-ranked team over a No. 2 team and scored the most points ever by a No. 1 team against another top-10 team.

Is that dominating enough for you?

1995 Nebraska Schedule/Results

Date Vs. Result

Aug. 31 at Oklahoma 64-21 W

Sept. 9 at Michigan St. 50-10 W

Sept. 16 vs. Arizona St. 77-28 W

Sept. 23 vs. Pacific 49-7 W

Sept. 30 vs. Washington St. 35-21 W

Oct. 14 vs. Missouri 57-0

Oct. 21 vs. Kansas St. (8) 49-25 W

Oct. 28 at Colorado (7) 44-21 W

Nov. 4 vs. Iowa State 73-14 W