Early Vegas Predictions!

HuskerT

I just got back from Vegas and I noticed that the Golden Nugget future book odds have NU as an early 14pt underdog to SC.

I also noticed that our win loss total over-under was 8 1/2, with the under being the favorite. Forgive me if someone else has already shared this info, but I was curious what you all might think about this. Personally, I don't think SC should be more than a 10pt favorite on our home field and I think covering 8 1/2 wins is a lock!

I just got back from Vegas and I noticed that the Golden Nugget future book odds have NU as an early 14pt underdog to SC.

I also noticed that our win loss total over-under was 8 1/2, with the under being the favorite. Forgive me if someone else has already shared this info, but I was curious what you all might think about this. Personally, I don't think SC should be more than a 10pt favorite on our home field and I think covering 8 1/2 wins is a lock!

I think the SC game could go either way but I will say this....the Vegas odds makers are not in the business to lose money. They hit more than they miss. I would rely more on what they say then the tards on TV who never seem to do their research.

The odds makers don't care who is going to win or by how many points. They set the lines to try and get a 50/50 split in Dollors bet. This guarantees the house wins. This is why lines change constantly all the way up to kickoff. They adjust the lines when a team is getting more money put on them than the other. By doing this it switches the action to the other Team.

Don't take point spreads as a prediction of the out come of the game. Point spreads are predictions of how people will bet with that spread.