All hail our defensive coordinator Kevin Costner

I seen today where Cos has been experimenting with a few new looks such as new 3 and 4 man fronts, 5 LB sets, nickel and dime looks and disquised defensive looks and sets.

These are some things I heard many fans were clamoring for last yr but we got the "we are going to play the best 11" routine where he shunned special pass pkgs. I wondered what has made him do a turnabout in scheme thinking?

I was watching ESPN and Holtz and May are talking about USC (whats new) and the topic comes up to Nebraska being a worthy opponant and such...May says USC will run up on our defense all day, and Holtz says something along the lines of "I dunno, their defensive coordinator Kevin Costner runs a good system..."

I lol'd

As much as I like hearing that we actually got praise on ESPN Lou Holtz is an old man who is slowly losing his mind. Did anyone else here him predict that Notre Dame is going to be top 10? That man is living back in the 80's. Can we at least get someone on these ESPN shows that isnt kissing the rear end of their alma mater or home conference? Hell i liked Trev Alberts because he was honest (he never really kissed up to Nebraska a la Lou Holtz)

Anyone else get driven mental by Holtz's lisp or is it just me?

We are dealing with a legend of college football.

As we get older things change.

Lou Holtz gave us a chance, most are not. That indicates that he has looked at what we have and sees things that others do not even take the time to consider.

It may not have been perfect press, but it was positive for the ESPN/Trojan Network.

Lou Holtz respects Nebraska, many on ESPN don't. It seems unfair to bash the only positive we normally see. Be concerned with the message not the messenger.

We are dealing with a legend of college football.

As we get older things change.

Lou Holtz gave us a chance, most are not. That indicates that he has looked at what we have and sees things that others do not even take the time to consider.

It may not have been perfect press, but it was positive for the ESPN/Trojan Network.

Lou Holtz respects Nebraska, many on ESPN don't. It seems unfair to bash the only positive we normally see. Be concerned with the message not the messenger.

I think the point was that he called him Kevin Costner instead of Cosgrove. It's funny, like a big hat.

I saw this too...for all I care, they could get rid of both Holtz and May and start over. Holtz is crazy and May wouldn't give credit to us if we ran the table, won the national championship and then beat the Colts!!! I do have to give props to the gameday guys as they (especially Herbstreit) usually have an unbiased opionion and aren't just playing favorites...

I saw this too...for all I care, they could get rid of both Holtz and May and start over. Holtz is crazy and May wouldn't give credit to us if we ran the table, won the national championship and then beat the Colts!!! I do have to give props to the gameday guys as they (especially Herbstreit) usually have an unbiased opionion and aren't just playing favorites...

So we'll just fire and get rid of everyone that does not choose NU...

USC should kick the sh#t out of Nebraska. And May is merely pointing out the big time favorite...big deal

USC has 10 returning starters from their awesome defense. All three of their LB are on the Butkis award list. USC on paper is the clear number 1 and should win the NC this year.

I understand that Lou made a mistake.

That should have been corrected by ESPN.

The point is that all of us seem to complain that the media never gives us any respect, and when one does we beat him up to.

Reality is we have no chance with SC on paper. They are so far ahead in talent and depth it is not even funny.

But that is the reason we play the games and way stranger things have happened. I wish they had not lost to UCLA last year. They will not over look Nebraska.

I was watching ESPN and Holtz and May are talking about USC (whats new) and the topic comes up to Nebraska being a worthy opponant and such...May says USC will run up on our defense all day, and Holtz says something along the lines of "I dunno, their defensive coordinator Kevin Costner runs a good system..."

I lol'd

OMG!!!!

Youtube................please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rollin

So we'll just fire and get rid of everyone that does not choose NU...

USC should kick the sh#t out of Nebraska. And May is merely pointing out the big time favorite...big deal

USC has 10 returning starters from their awesome defense. All three of their LB are on the Butkis award list. USC on paper is the clear number 1 and should win the NC this year.

USC also had more talent on paper last year against OSU and UCLA but somehow managed to lose both of those games. USC has more talent and depth than pretty much everyone, but it doesn't always mean they will win every game.