Opinion on Wake

For some reason they play everyone pretty tough. For the last 6-7 years they seem to be in every game to the very end. Games they should by all accounts be blown out in. In honesty when we played them last, we beat them more soundly than Florida State or Boston College that year. They just barely lost to both of them that year and the year before. They have a knack for playing over their heads or at least to the level of competition, alas Duke last year.

I have heard they are great fans, and if they win on the road at BC this weekend they will be ready for some football. They are getting very little respect from the media. Lack of respect motivates teams. WE have one you know.

As stated, I think we win this game, but I truly believe it will be a very hard fought game, with us pulling away in the fourth quarter, but they will not quit.

I don't know where you guys heard that they lost a lot of starters, but that's not quite the case. The whole backfield returns, and they were probably better at ball control than anyone else in the country last year. They DO lose a linebacker who was the heart and soul of their defense, and like someone else pointed out, they will be starting two freshmen on the D-line. But I think they will still play us VERY hard. They didn't get a lot of respect last season because "the ACC was TEH DOWNXXORZZ!" according to the media and they are excited to get a chance to play a big-named opponent tough. They are not concerned about the outcome of this game.

That said, I still think we win, but it's a nail-biter. 25-21. :bonez:

all road games have been hard for us recently. this is our chance to start turning it around for 2007.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm feeling something really special about this team and I think the things that have hampered us in the recent past will turn around this year. WE WILL WIN ON THE ROAD AND BEAT TOP 10 TEAMS THIS YEAR! It's just a feeling I have, but I hope I'm right.