Keller Debut

I think Keller did very well given he's been out of competition for a couple years and is running a new system in a new venue. He's probably putting a lot of pressure on himself. I think he'll settle in and do well.

He looks to have all the tools of a pro. His passes looked effortless. Threw the ball 65 yards! He under threw a potential TD pass and forced a play for an interception, and looked uncomfortable early on (the dropped passes didn't help that I'm sure. He'll get better and better with experience.

I thought BC made a smart move to focus on the run and let Keller ease into the offense. The line play was so good there was no need to get too fancy too fast.

Lucky and Castille - what a combo.

Don't forget too that smashing the run is still expected from Nebraska. We're giving very little away (except that we can still run, go figure) by pounding the ball down their throats for most of the game. Just another good thing about that aspect of it.

Great running by Lucky today...But let's not forget that Nevada is no WF or USC. Anyway, Lucky did look good though and Castille is gonna be a monster! I hope we can keep blowin em off the line to give Lucky the opportunities that he had today. GBR!!!! :corndance

Obviously he didn't make some good decisions here and there, but his receivers didn't help him either!!!! Nunn dropped some big passes and gave up a chance at some big yards. It's the first game though so I understand that they got to get things worked out. Once he got settled he looked a lot better in the second half and he showed why we need him as our starting QB. I don't remember who he threw the ball to, but he threw a helluva pass to someone going out at like the 4 yard line or something and it was a laser pass!!!!!