Forget Missouri, the North Championship is between Kansas & Nebraska

JGS30

I want to be the first from Jayhawk nation to congratulate Nebraska on a great W against a good Nevada squad. I was extremely impressed with the play of Marlon Lucky. This kid just might live up to the hype. He was unstoppable on Saturday. The Husker Line was making holes semi drivers could go through. Great job all around Huskers.

As for my Jayhawks, what the hell was that?? We actually have some team speed this year! Jesus Christ! That defense was flying to the ball and did anyone catch the performace Todd Reesing had!?! 4 td's, 264 yards! WOW. Jake Sharp & B Mac combined for 226 yards!! 580 total yards of offense against the defending MAC Champions Central Michigan!!

I still can't belive it! And Aqib Talib may be the best player I've ever seen in person. Good god.

Forget KSU, forget MU, the North will be decided in Lawrence in November. I'm going to be cheering like heck for the Huskers during the next couple months. And don't think for a second you can't beat USC. They looked awful against Idaho. If they bring that game to Lincoln...forget about it! Huskers by 14.

I would love to see an undefeated Nebraska play a 7-1 KU in November for the North.

Good luck you guys!!

:cheers

uhh I'm still more afraid of the game in Columbis rather than Lawrence.

KU has a good team, but I think we match up against them very well and they can't test our defense as much as Mizzou can.

Either way I'd like to see KU do well for the North and it seems like they are really improving. I'd rather it come down to KU and Nebraska instead of Mizzou and Nebraska.

uhh I'm still more afraid of the game in Columbis rather than Lawrence.

KU has a good team, but I think we match up against them very well and they can't test our defense as much as Mizzou can.

Either way I'd like to see KU do well for the North and it seems like they are really improving. I'd rather it come down to KU and Nebraska instead of Mizzou and Nebraska.

The thing you have to remember is that Missouri can't stop the run and they have an average secondary. And on offense, the O-line is not protecting Chase Daniel. He took some monster shots this weekend from Illinois.

As for KSU. Freeman had his usual 3 turnover ball game, two picks and a fumble. Their defense looked solid, but it was against an Auburn offense that replaced 9 starters from a year ago. All in all KSU's offense found a way to lose the game for their defense.

I would love to see an undefeated Nebraska play a 7-1 KU in November for the North.

Good luck you guys!!

:cheers

You giving us a good deal on new tires this year?

OUCH! I saw that e-mail coming from a mile away! I had NO PART in that nonsense. Every fan base has a few idiots that ruin it for everyone.

The thing you have to remember is that Missouri can't stop the run and they have an average secondary. And on offense, the O-line is not protecting Chase Daniel. He took some monster shots this weekend from Illinois.

Good news, if true. Also, good to see you back, JGS30.

And I agree that KU is on the rise. What's up with your coach though? There was this youtube video of him taking out a player's head after he returned a punt for a touchdown because he jumped into the endzone. Seriously, Mangino has got Kansas on the rise but he's had some wacky outbursts...

I've said all along that Missouri has no shot at the North, you simply have to play defense, expecially rush defense to compete in this league.. KU impressed me in their first game but they still have a long ways to go to compete at the top of the conference, I'd guess they may end up with 7 wins and a bowl game, and upset one 2nd tier team in the North but I believe NU runs away with the North this year even more than they did last year.

Mangino is a great coach and gets a lot out of his kids, but even the best those kids can give doesn't match up with NU TU and OU, KU is getting better, but now they have to recruit that next level talent to take the next step.

KU might start off good; however, their schedule is very weak at the beginning and gets tougher after week four.

There is no question that KU is becoming a Big 12 Contender; however, this is not the year.

KU will loose to K-State

KU will loose to Texas A&M

KU will loose to Nebraska

KU will loose to Ok State

KU will loose to Missouri

Geeez. No love. That's ok. I know what KU has. I was at the game and watched Todd Reesing dismantle a good CMU defense. No way KSU (a team we beat 39-20 last year....it should have been worse) beats us in Mancrappin. It just won't happen. Freeman will gift wrap that game for us and we'll win by 17. Write it down. KSU is the most overated team in the country. Josh Freeman is GARBAGE.

I do agree that we will lose @ A&M. But outside of that game there is no sure loss on that schedule. OSU got whipped by an average Georgia Bulldog team. They exposed the OSU defense for what it is. And don't get me started on Gary Pinkel and Missouri. They a$$ is grass come November @ Arrowhead. Reesing is gonna have a field day with that defense. I can't wait.

I was there, too, JSG! I already posted this on another thread, but I was very impressed with Reesing and the KU offense. It seemed like Mangino finally got some of his key positions filled to show off the offensive guru tag he's been carrying all this time.

I can't wait for this game in Lawrence, already have the tickets, and the wife is KU / NU splitter!