Weather Problems for WF game??? HELP

jauken

Hey yall,

Coming to the game this weekend...YEAH HUSKERS. Do we have any weather people out there who can give us some opinions.. I have heard that there may be a Tropical Storm Gabriella or Hurricane Gabriella that may hit Wilmington NC this weekend.. Models are sketchy right now.. But was wondering will that affect Winston-Salem Weather for the game.. Bring a poncho.. ooor could there be a no impact whatsoever.

Any amatuer or formal weather people would love to hear your opinions...

Jeff

Winston-Salem is west of RDU about an hour if I remember correctly. W-S would then be about 2-3 hours from the coast (I'm trying to remember from when I was stationed there). Wilmington I believe is in the southeast corner of the state. During one hurricane I sat thru while stationed there, it hit in the Wilmington area but by the time it reached me (Fuqua Varina/Cary area) it had weakened considerably. If it's not a strong hurricane, it may not be that bad. Just a lot of rain with some heavy breezes.

But...according to the Weather Channel, Gabrielle hasn't even formed yet.

Winston-Salem is west of RDU about an hour if I remember correctly. W-S would then be about 2-3 hours from the coast (I'm trying to remember from when I was stationed there). Wilmington I believe is in the southeast corner of the state. During one hurricane I sat thru while stationed there, it hit in the Wilmington area but by the time it reached me (Fuqua Varina/Cary area) it had weakened considerably. If it's not a strong hurricane, it may not be that bad. Just a lot of rain with some heavy breezes.

But...according to the Weather Channel, Gabrielle hasn't even formed yet.

True it hasn't formed YET..but some of my local forecasters are saying that by end of today/tomorrow it will be a TS and then a hurricane..and that the projected path was wilmington... but out of 10 models, i only saw 2 that hit landfall... just wondered if anyone here was a meterologist and could provide his input..

J