WF's offense and trickery

I read that article. It was hilarious. I think Suh or Octo had a similar comment about how misdirection doesn't work when your reverse gets blown up before you can start it. I love the voice this defense has. They arent scared of anyone and they talk a little smack. No go out and and back that smack up and shut down Weak Forest!!!!! :bonez

Wake's offense doesn't really scare me. The teams that would really scare me are a team we would face like Oklahoma State, a team who can burn us with the threat of a running QB.

Wake's offense is fine for what they do, but it isn't the type of team we normally struggle against.

Now you throw a Brad Smith type athlete out there running their offense, and we could be in for a longgggg day.

Wake's offense doesn't really scare me. The teams that would really scare me are a team we would face like Oklahoma State, a team who can burn us with the threat of a running QB.

Wake's offense is fine for what they do, but it isn't the type of team we normally struggle against.

Now you throw a Brad Smith type athlete out there running their offense, and we could be in for a longgggg day.

Altough you are right to say we have struggled at times with a scrambling QB in the past, we also had pretty good success with Daniels last year. Maybe Cosgrove is getting closer to getting his poop in a group.

Chase Daniels is nowhere close to being the scrambling QB we have faced like with Brad Smith and Bobby Reid. Chase can take off when need be, but that isn't really apart of his game. Getting Chase out in a zone read, stretch or pass option play hasn't really been apart of Mizzou's offense like it was with Brad Smith.

The article mentions the trickery stuff, but what catches my eye is this:

"Wake Forest quarterbacks Riley Skinner and Brett Hodges completed 45 of 60 passes for 366 yards last week against Boston College."

For the most part I liked what I saw with our secondary last week. But if Wake throws that much this week - at home - I hope the guys are ready to step up and make a hit on those quick slants and short passing game. The secondary will be tested a lot.