Cally's strategy for the USC game

Lucky looks like a completely different player. This is college football not many teams have a back that runs for 30 times a game. That would be very bad not to have a serviceable 2nd back or passing game.

Now as usual I will have the data to prove my point.....2006 carries per game

Mcfadden 20.8

Peterson 26 (with no real QB)

Slaton 19.6

Lynch 17.1

I think Lucky is great this year and he will continue to be very solid. He should carry about 20 times per game, Castille about 10 and others around 5 we should see about 30-40 rushes per game and at an avg of 4.5-5 per rush we will be balanced and successful.

Lucky looks like a completely different player. This is college football not many teams have a back that runs for 30 times a game. That would be very bad not to have a serviceable 2nd back or passing game.

Mcfadden 20.8

Slaton 19.6

Lynch 17.1

I think Lucky is great this year and he will continue to be very solid. He should carry about 20 times per game, Castille about 10 and others around 5 we should see about 30-40 rushes per game and at an avg of 4.5-5 per rush we will be balanced and successful.

I like your optimism, but I just don't think our OL is good enough yet to average 4.5-5 yards per rush. At least the OL that played against Wake is not. So far, Lucky is who we have to go with. I have no idea where Glenn is mentally or physically, but Lucky is the only one who has the blocking assignments down. When Castille is in there, it pretty much tips to the other team that we will either do a very short 3 step drop pass or hand the ball to Castille. I don't think that anyone yet has the confidence in Castille to pick up the necessary pass rushers. The set I kind of liked that we ran against Nevada was having both Castille and Lucky in at the same time. I believe Castille lined up as a fullback. This definitely gives the defense something to think about. Lucky has good hands and has shown he's picked up the blocking assignments well so far. The only concern I have about him is his inability to see the hole however small it might be. Against Nevada, Fat Albert could have run through the holes. Against Wake, there were some holes just not quite like the Nevada game that Lucky missed.

IMO, USC is going to jam the run. They're going to dare BC and Keller to try and win the game slinging the rock around. I don't look for a great running performance at all on Saturday. I'm okay with Keller slinging it as long as he has protection. The OL leaked like a sieve(sp) at times against Wake. They're gonna have to bring their A game in not only pass protection but run blocking as well for our offense to have any success at all. IMO, the game hinges on the Dline and the Oline performances. If we can't win in the trenches, then we don't have much hope in winning the game.

Mcfadden 20.8

Slaton 19.6

Lynch 17.1

Man I love science!

Again, Captain has ZERO input on the thread other than to bash me. Please give one original opinion that doesn't reference me.

Junior, if you take our top 4 backs last year they average 5.15 yds per carry. I think our line is better this year and we should develop a passing threat. I don't think it's being too optomistic to have our RB's average less than last year. Wake is a very good defensive team that finished 12th in scoring defense last year.

I think I'd open up with a couple fake hand-offs to Lucky into some play action. Hit the tight end a few times to make the linebackers play off the line and loosen up the running lanes. Then we run 8 consecutive times with Lucky/Castille and make a statement TD on the first drive.

Next drive, hit Purify. Over and over again. Get a quick score to demoralize the sons of bitches. I'm seeing a diving grab by Nunn in the corner of the end zone on a fade route.

Next possession, start pounding away with Castille on 2 or 3 consecutive downs and then run a sweep to Lucky on the outside and watch him take it to the house.

USC gets on a plane and goes home at half time.

I believe I offered some input earlier. Now please use science to discredit it.

I don't know that much about football, but I have been watching my whole life and definitely grew up idolizing Tommie Frazier. I post on here for my own amusement and to learn, not to hear my head rattle and validate my own glowing opinion of myself. I also make jokes. See if you can identify the jokes above.