Condon the Trader

TrojanAlum

Does it matter? Doesn't sound like either school could care less about him, I doubt he could do any damage to either school...unless he's going to kick a 27-yard FG against NU.

My biggest gripe agaisnt him was how this was a 'family' issue he's leaving Nebraska...all the sudden he's happy and transferring to USC?!?

Goodbye.

Oh come on. Again, as was said last year, he made something like 23 of 27 FGs his freshman year (or 27 of 29, I don't remember exactly, but he was damn good) and then they let him kick a total of 7 times last year. I would leave too. College football is a business especially at NU. You can't treat it like a business on one end and then like some kind of emotional bond on the other and be bend out of shape when a player "beaks up." I don't blame him for leaving, he's a good kicker and he knows it, he was being under-used and he left. Good. He wants to kick. How many of you would stay at a job that you really loved but you never got to do? Why should he have any loyalty to the program that didn't have any loyalty to him?

I hope he turns into a really great kicker just to punish BC for a short-sighted move.

Oh come on. Again, as was said last year, he made something like 23 of 27 FGs his freshman year (or 27 of 29, I don't remember exactly, but he was damn good) and then they let him kick a total of 7 times last year. I would leave too. College football is a business especially at NU. You can't treat it like a business on one end and then like some kind of emotional bond on the other and be bend out of shape when a player "beaks up." I don't blame him for leaving, he's a good kicker and he knows it, he was being under-used and he left. Good. He wants to kick. How many of you would stay at a job that you really loved but you never got to do? Why should he have any loyalty to the program that didn't have any loyalty to him?

I hope he turns into a really great kicker just to punish BC for a short-sighted move.

There's a reason they weren't letting him kick. The coaches felt that they had a better percentage chance of going for it on fourth down then they did in letting him kick a 40-something yard field goal (and it wasn't just in the Cotton Bowl). That says a lot about his place on the team.

Henery and Kunalic seem to have their sh#t together, so I'm not too freaked. Good luck to Trader Vic Congdon.