Negative Attitudes

Why isn't that recruiting, they get players in to contribute to winning right away. Just because we like people to be here for four or five years doesn't make the juco non recruits. I think we need to do more recruiting from the juco ranks. We have snagged a couple of good linebackers from there and I wish we would get some more. Jucos are part of the recruiting process and I think that any team that takes advantage of it is doing a great job of getting guys that can play right away.

Damn, I guess we better just quit now! We could forfiet the rest of our games and get ready for next year, yeah that's a great idea.  Hey I have an idea, let's shut down everything i.e. message boards, etc. until we are dominant again. This is a little off subject, but it realates -I coach youth football, and I told my boys the other night at practice that if I hear any negative talk I am going to treat it like cancer and CUT IT OUT! Yes, my team is also struggling this year, but we still have an outside chance at making the playoffs.  The problem is our last two games are against the two best teams in our league.  These kids need to believe that they can win, they need as much positive influence as possible to get their best football, and yes it's going to take my best coaching.  Can we do it?  I don't know, but we are going to give it one hell of a try!  Last week a play went bad and I could hear someone in the stands making a coment about the play calling.  What the wannabe coach in the stands doesn't realize is that the QB called the wrong play in the huddle (misread the plays on his wrist band).  I have the kind of team that needs next to perfection to win (from both players and coaches) not to mention a few lucky breaks. We won the game but only 6 - 0 when we could have easily won by 3 t.d.'s, but we turned the ball over (pretty ironic huh?) I agree with Dave, all this negative talk makes me want to puke.  When I hear "oh wahhhh, we suck, oh wahhhh, we can't win....it makes me question the heart of some husker fans.  Some have said NU football has lost it's identity, well I think some fans have questionable identity as well. I realize that message boards are to share individual opinions good and bad, but some opinions are ALWAYS negative. Hopefully there are enough "true" fans that will carry the rest through the bad times into the good times once again. GBR for better or worse!

My question is were you all super positive last year with solich? Did you agree with him getting fired and how it was done? Alot of the people that say be positive are ones that were negative as hell last year. It's a message board and we can voice our opinions. Me and many others think that Callahan isn't doing a very good job and has plenty of talent to win. He is flat out getting out coached.

Thank God someone who can see what is going on :horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2

Ok, first of all, WE SHOULD BE 6-1, not 4-3. We should have beaten Southern Miss and Texas Tech. It's our lack of many things, that have put us where we are.

I hated Solich, with a passion. I thought he was an absolute nitwit, that's until I saw the first game that Callahan coach.

And, for some to question our "allegience" to our beloved team, is rather silly. Would you rather us just sit here, "man our ankles, and prepare to be boarded"??? If I'm a cancer because i'm pissed that my team is sucking, then i'm guilty as charged. I'm mad as hell when I see a pass play being called with 5 minutes left to go, and we're only up by a touchdown. Now, if that's the quarterback making a mistake, then you light him up, but if it's the coach, then that's just piss poor.

We have lost our identity. If it wasn't for the uniforms, would you recognize this team from past year's teams? I know I wouldn't.

Because I think Callahan is an arrogant bastard, he's going to do things his way, if it runs this program into the ground. I know he can't make adjustments, and he proved that in the 2002 superbowl, when he was embarrased by the Bucs. He kept calling pass plays, and never changed strategies, which is monumentally STUPID.

There are somethings that need to change, but I know that's not gonna happen, due to certain elements. I'm a dyed in the wool husker fan, and have been so since I was knee high to a grasshopper.

Since i'm the board, "stick in the mud", can we add "cancer" to my list of monikers???

Because I think Callahan is an arrogant bastard, he's going to do things his way, if it runs this program into the ground.  I know he can't make adjustments, and he proved that in the 2002 superbowl, when he was embarrased by the Bucs.  He kept calling pass plays, and never changed strategies, which is monumentally STUPID. 

There are somethings that need to change, but I know that's not gonna happen, due to certain elements.  I'm a dyed in the wool husker fan, and have been so since I was knee high to a grasshopper. 

Since i'm the board, "stick in the mud", can we add "cancer" to my list of monikers???

God forbid the head coach of any team run the team his way, not what a bunch of people say on a messageboard or in a state. If what you say is true, he will be gone sooner or later.If not, you and some others here will have a rather large humble pie to eat.

Who would you have hired, since you didn't like Solich?

God forbid the head coach of any team run the team his way, not what a bunch of people say on a messageboard or in a state. If what you say is true, he will be gone sooner or later.If not, you and some others here will have a rather large humble pie to eat.

Who would you have hired, since you didn't like Solich?

You're right, god forbid a coach run his team his way, but, if you're passing game isn't working, do you keep throwing the ball, or do you try the running game, hopefully opening up the passing attack. Some common sense has to be involved in the this decision. To use a metaphor, all "field generals" have the ability to adapt, improvise, and overcome to win the battle, and Callahan doesn't have that.

If Charlie McBride hadn't retired, I would have liked to see him get a shot.