Negative Attitudes

I am originally from Lincoln, Nebraska and have followed the Huskers for 20 years since I left for the Navy.

I loved watching the championship years in the mid-90's with Tommie & Co., and I have weathered the bad times in between.

What gets me is why Nebraska fans ALWAYS expect a Championship season. I know how religious the program is to the state, I know the third largest city in the state on Saturday afternoon is Memorial Stadium. What I don't know is why you don't give Bill Callahan a chance.

Watching the Huskers play today on FSN was nice; not great. The offense still has some work, and losing Herian will hurt.

Listening to the announcers, they spoke of the recruiting class (which is currently ranked #3 in the nation), and the talent they are pulling, and will continue to pull into the WCO of Nebraska. Don't be surprised by the end of the year if NU is #1 in recruiting. Oh yeah, thanks to Bill Callahan.

And as for the ones that can't stand an off season, think of all of the other fans, players and teams in the NCAA (past and present), that will NEVER feel what we have felt as Nebraskans.

If you need a reminder, perhaps you should pop in that 62-24 throttling of Florida into your VCR/DVD for a reality check. And while you are watching it, think about how long Tom Osborne took to get back to the "Championship Years."

If it takes Nebraska another 20 years to reach another championship, I don't feel sorry for the team, I feel sorry for the fans who have no patience.

I am confident that it wont take that long, in fact, you might be surprised with what you see in the next two years.

Until then, give Bill some credit, he knows what he got into when he accepted the job at NEBRASKA.

In the meantime... GO BIG RED!

I am originally from Lincoln, Nebraska and have followed the Huskers for 20 years since I left for the Navy.

I loved watching the championship years in the mid-90's with Tommie & Co., and I have weathered the bad times in between.

What gets me is why Nebraska fans ALWAYS expect a Championship season. I know how religious the program is to the state, I know the third largest city in the state on Saturday afternoon is Memorial Stadium. What I don't know is why you don't give Bill Callahan a chance.

Watching the Huskers play today on FSN was nice; not great. The offense still has some work, and losing Herian will hurt.

Listening to the announcers, they spoke of the recruiting class (which is currently ranked #3 in the nation), and the talent they are pulling, and will continue to pull into the WCO of Nebraska. Don't be surprised by the end of the year if NU is #1 in recruiting. Oh yeah, thanks to Bill Callahan.

And as for the ones that can't stand an off season, think of all of the other fans, players and teams in the NCAA (past and present), that will NEVER feel what we have felt as Nebraskans. 

If you need a reminder, perhaps you should pop in that 62-24 throttling of Florida into your VCR/DVD for a reality check. And while you are watching it, think about how long Tom Osborne took to get back to the "Championship Years."

If it takes Nebraska another 20 years to reach another championship, I don't feel sorry for the team, I feel sorry for the fans who have no patients. 

I am confident that it wont take that long, in fact, you might be surprised with what you see in the next two years.

Until then, give Bill some credit, he knows what he got into when he accepted the job at NEBRASKA.

In the meantime... GO BIG RED!

They won't give Callahan or anyone a chance because they love to hate. They hate on anything and everything that isn't "Nebraska football". They refuse to understand, or don't have the ability to understand, what is going on right now. Coupled with an inablity to let go of the last coaching staff. Your best bet is to just ignore the drivel. The team wins, they hate. Period.

Welcome to the board, by the way. Please post more!!!! :)