Negative Attitudes

I never really "hated" him. I just got sick of the way he called the games over his career and the fact that it seemed like he didn't learn anything in the years he was under TO.

That's why I hated him. He seemed to me like the kid in school that just nodded his head during school, but when it came time to take the test, he would screw the pooch...

I know what you mean. The only time I really felt like that is in the 2002 Colorado game. So frustrating. But I think that everyone said the same thing about Osbourne throughout the 80s. Good coach, but execution, play calling exc. was sub-par in big games. It still bugs me that the same loyalty wasn't shown to Frank that was shown to Osbourne.

I think a lot of people would of given Solich another couple of years to see what he would of done with them. He showed a lot of promise coming off that 7-7 season and had a pretty good coaching staff in place, at least defensively. I know that he wasn't a great recruiter, but I think that Bo and some of the other coaches might have made him better given the time. But that is in the past and over with.

Did you guys hate Solich during the 1999-2000-2001 seasons, or did it just start in 2002?

Hate??? You see, I can't use that word for anyone who played for Nebraska and did his best for Nebraska. Was his best good enough? NO! Did I agree with his "appointment" in the first place? NO! I never liked Solich as the head coach which is part of my point, I STILL SHOWED MY SUPPORT. The Rose Bowl was a fluke thanks to some good luck and LSU beating Tenn. (if I recall correctly). Some of you criticize B.C. for games he should have won, well there were games Frank should have won too. Anyone who knows football realizes that we no longer had the horses i.e. backs and o-line to dominate with the option. Nebraska had to learn how to pass effectifvely. The fake option tight end streak pass was about all we had with an occassional fullback in the flat. When I can tell you what the play (option) is going to be every time we audibled, there is a definite problem with our offense. Frank is a good man and a good Cornhusker, but not a good head coach. I don't like S.P. anymore than you guys and yes he did Frank wrong...so now what? Do we keep crying over that? Are we in such a need for someone to blame that we keep harping on that subject? I hope not. Are Callahan and Co. the right guys for the job? I honestly don't know yet and neither do you! I truely believe that we all have to wait until next year to really have an idea. I guarantee that if we win all the talk of Frank and the option will fade. Until then, we need to support those who are working hard and want the same thing we do. GBR for better or worse!

Did you guys hate Solich during the 1999-2000-2001 seasons, or did it just start in 2002?

Whya didn't you include 1998? A lot of Franks success in 1999-2001 can be linked to Crouch. I don't think I ever hated him but his play calling was predictable and grew tiresome after awhile. I don't like the way he was fired but I felt it was time for him to go. Actually it was probably a year late.

Whya didn't you include 1998? A lot of Franks success in 1999-2001 can be linked to Crouch. I don't think I ever hated him but his play calling was predictable and grew tiresome after awhile. I don't like the way he was fired but I felt it was time for him to go. Actually it was probably a year late.

I don't care what anyone says, you don't fire someone who goes 7-7 and then improves to 10-3 with most everyone back, it just isn't logical.

Predictable all you want but I loved the option offense over this busch league offense.

Are Callahan and Co. the right guys for the job? I honestly don't know yet and neither do you!

I know right now that Callahan is not good for this team. Maybe he'll work out after several painful years, but that's my whole point. This painful period was never needed. I know Pedersen is the real problem, so I was willing to give Callahan a chance. But when he refuses to adjust to the kind of talent he has (and he has talent on his team), it shows a lot of arrogance.

I also agree totall with what Benard said in the last post. Couldn't have written it better myself. Call it predictable, but the option had us in the running for championships almost every year because it was still hard to defend. Yes it needed some tweaking and some new wrinkles, but that's what Frank brought his new staff in for.

I don't care what anyone says, you don't fire someone who goes 7-7 and then improves to 10-3 with most everyone back, it just isn't logical.

Predictable all you want but I loved the option offense over this busch league offense.

Yeah I loved the Option offense when it was ran with good players. What they were running the last two years wasn't good. If Peterson was around during the 7-7 season Frankie wouldn't of had last year. Byrne was to busy doing other things to pay attention to the football program. Oh and the offense didn't improve from 2002 to 2003. The only improvement was on defense.

You're probably right, but he did get there right after the 7-7 season ended. With how things went down last year, it was obvious that Pedersen was going to fire Solich no matter what. He just waited a season to lessen the outrage. I'll bet he was actually rooting for losses in 2003 to make his job easier. Why do you think he sacked Solich right after the Colorado win? Because he knew there was no way we were going to lose the bowl game, and firing a 10 win coach would be even harder than firing a 9 win coach.

Having said all that, the thing that angers me the most is: if he was going to fire Solich no matter what, Pedersen should have had the balls to do it before the 2003 season started, instead of going through that whole charade. He's such a phony.

Yeah I loved the Option offense when it was ran with good players. What they were running the last two years wasn't good.

I'll always argue that what went awry on offense the past two years was Lord. Great athlete, horrible leader. He made the option one-dimensional by refusing to pitch the ball and always audibleing to it no matter what. Yes, some of that is coaching, but I'm convinced some players are just thick-headed and never learn. A perfect example is the interception he threw at the end of the Texas game in 2002. Dailey would have been much better.

Ok, first of all, WE SHOULD BE 6-1, not 4-3. We should have beaten Southern Miss and Texas Tech. It's our lack of many things, that have put us where we are.

I hated Solich, with a passion. I thought he was an absolute nitwit, that's until I saw the first game that Callahan coach.

And, for some to question our "allegience" to our beloved team, is rather silly. Would you rather us just sit here, "man our ankles, and prepare to be boarded"??? If I'm a cancer because i'm pissed that my team is sucking, then i'm guilty as charged. I'm mad as hell when I see a pass play being called with 5 minutes left to go, and we're only up by a touchdown. Now, if that's the quarterback making a mistake, then you light him up, but if it's the coach, then that's just piss poor.

We have lost our identity. If it wasn't for the uniforms, would you recognize this team from past year's teams? I know I wouldn't.

Because I think Callahan is an arrogant bastard, he's going to do things his way, if it runs this program into the ground. I know he can't make adjustments, and he proved that in the 2002 superbowl, when he was embarrased by the Bucs. He kept calling pass plays, and never changed strategies, which is monumentally STUPID.

There are somethings that need to change, but I know that's not gonna happen, due to certain elements. I'm a dyed in the wool husker fan, and have been so since I was knee high to a grasshopper.

Since i'm the board, "stick in the mud", can we add "cancer" to my list of monikers???

Amen, brother!!!

Yeah I loved the Option offense when it was ran with good players.  What they were running the last two years wasn't good.

I'll always argue that what went awry on offense the past two years was Lord. Great athlete, horrible leader. He made the option one-dimensional by refusing to pitch the ball and always audibleing to it no matter what. Yes, some of that is coaching, but I'm convinced some players are just thick-headed and never learn. A perfect example is the interception he threw at the end of the Texas game in 2002. Dailey would have been much better.

Dailey would have been much better? How can you even say that, it's not like his decision making is top notch either. And how can you knock Lord for that 2002 Texas game, he did make a bad pass, but he was all that Nebraska had on that evening, Texas was just better. I think as far as athleticism goes, I don't think Dailey is anywhere near Jammal Lord. Lord could at least take a hit and keep grinding rather than coughing the ball up everytime someone puts a decent lick on him.