Sporting News predictions

Only two media types are picking a NU victory over USC

Sporting News

Zach Kenitzer, Louisville

'Huskers. Southern Cal, while still a good team, is about to strike midnight. The 'Huskers have been climbing the past few years and at this point in the season could be a serious top-5 contender by defeating USC. Citing their narrow win over Wake Forest isn't cause for them to lose; in fact Wake is still a pretty good team. Nebraska 21, USC 14.

Royce Young, Oklahoma

I'm picking a Nebraska upset. I'm not a believer in Bill Callahan, but I am a believer in The Sea Of Red. I still think the 'Huskers home-field advantage is one of the best in the nation and will be worth at least two touchdowns. Nebraska 24, USC 21

Those arent the only two..from collegefootballnews.com:

What Will Happen: This is where all the bumps and bruises will come back to haunt USC. Safety Josh Pinkard is out for the year with a torn ACL, WR Patrick Turner is still getting over a shoulder injury, star OT Sam Baker has a rub problem, top RB Chauncey Washington has a sprained shoulder, and the list goes on. Of course USC has depth to spare, but it needs all its starters healthy and jelled to handle the jacked up Huskers. Nebraska isn't faster than USC, but it'll play with a bit more bounce in its step on the way to a decent early lead, and will then hang on late as Booty's final drive to win the game comes up just short.

CFN Prediction: Nebraska 27 ... USC 23 ... Line: USC -10

http://cfn.scout.com/2/650895.html

Sporting News

These "media types" are on-campus bloggers... :o

The KU blogger doesn't like... "Runza's, considered a delicacy in Nebraska, which consists of soggy bread, onions and beef reheated in a microwave."

Obviously, this KU guy has GOT to try a fresh Runza... those served at the stadium aren't as fresh. <EDIT> Runzas have cabbage!!! <EDIT>

Sporting News

These "media types" are on-campus bloggers... :o

The KU blogger doesn't like... "Runza's, considered a delicacy in Nebraska, which consists of soggy bread, onions and beef reheated in a microwave."

Obviously, this KU guy has GOT to try a fresh Runza... those served at the stadium aren't as fresh. Duh!

Maybe its a native Nebraska thing, but Runza's suck.

Royce Young, Oklahoma

I'm picking a Nebraska upset. I'm not a believer in Bill Callahan, but I am a believer in The Sea Of Red. I still think the 'Huskers home-field advantage is one of the best in the nation and will be worth at least two touchdowns. Nebraska 24, USC 21

Does this clown realize that the "Sea of Red" doesn't actually get to touch the football?

Your dream dies in 41.5 hours, Husker faithful.

I see it's been about .5 of an hour and USC Trojan is already creating a ruckus.

I agree, the game this weekend is a long-shot for the skers.

Young was simply referring to the "home field advantage." I can only assume that you were being facetious. Or even more likely...a d-bag. If there is one thing USC is known for...it is its d-bags.