An apology to USC and Husker Nation

papersun87

I'm glad you all accept my apology. After making the original post, someone commented that I was "booing an injured player," and suddenly a realization of just how ridiculous I was being came to me . . . I had to say something.

Glad you Trojan fans aren't letting my little temper tantrum reflect on Husker Nation as a whole. I'd just gotten myself so worked up over the course of the week (heck, the summer) that I didn't want to believe the Huskers could just simply not have things go their way.

ur apology is more than accepted, and it takes a real fan to admit a mistake. the Memorial Stadium fans were more than hospitable to us SC fans, and during the first delay for the Joseph injury, a Husker fan was quick to note that due to the recent NFL injury to Everett, any and every precaution is taken. having been to games at Auburn, Colorado, and Kansas State, i must say that NU fans were the most polite, knowledgeable, and gracious fans yet. thank you for a great experience, and best of luck this season.

Fight On!

very cool - you rock

Members of Husker Nation and USC Trojan faithful out there, over halftime, in a fit of stupid anger over the proceedings of a meaningless football game, I made some very harsh accusations and disrespected members of an opposing team and coaching staff. Here is what I said:

Now I'm not going to accuse Pete Carroll of anything, but I'm just going to say those two injured guys were laying there on the field a VERY long time. A curiously long time when considering that your whole game depends on making the home crowd a nonfactor.

I'm just saying. And it's REALLY pissing me off, because if that first guy hadn't laid there for a freakin' hour, NEBRASKA WOULD BE WINNING THIS GAME.

I am completely sorry for what I said. Obviously, Coach Carroll cares very much for his players and wouldn't leave them out on the field just for the sake of a victory. Since I let my anger get the best of me in the above post, I have been praying intently for not only the health and safety of the two players involved, but also for forgiveness and an attitude check. What I said goes completely against the image of what a Christian man and what a member of Husker Nation is supposed to stand for.

I hope you all will forgive me, and USC fans, I extend this apology doubly to you. I sincerely hope your players are all right, and please forgive me for the stupid things I chose to say in a fit of stupid rage over a football game.

Bottom line it really shouldn't matter how long a player is down on the field. It shouldn't take away our momentum because championship caliber teams rise the occasion and are supposed to respond. We just aren't at the level we all thought we were at and the sooner we realize that and try to deal with it in our own ways, for now, the sooner we will all feel a little bit better. It was definately a scary moment and I hope that both of those young men are okay. On a side not though the second guy coming of the field and giving a little thumbs up or whatever was fine, but then he starts doing the fist pumps and things and that's just ridiculous. I would expect Carroll to say something to that young man............. :dunno

Glad you caught that too BigRedIowan. The first injury was obviously serious, and the second seemed that way-until he went Jerry McGuire on us and started pumping up the SC crowd. It is a dangerous game, especially special teams plays such as kickoffs where players are rediculously flying at each other. Glad to hear the SC players are headed for quick returns, good luck to SC the rest of the way.

Bottom line it really shouldn't matter how long a player is down on the field. It shouldn't take away our momentum because championship caliber teams rise the occasion and are supposed to respond. We just aren't at the level we all thought we were at and the sooner we realize that and try to deal with it in our own ways, for now, the sooner we will all feel a little bit better. It was definately a scary moment and I hope that both of those young men are okay. On a side not though the second guy coming of the field and giving a little thumbs up or whatever was fine, but then he starts doing the fist pumps and things and that's just ridiculous. I would expect Carroll to say something to that young man............. :dunno

I saw the thumbs up but I did not see the fist pumping. Agreed. that should not be tolerated.

Being at the game it did feel like momentum went away with the first one, but honestly our defense should have been good enough to stop the same play after about the 15th time. O well atleast they took the right steps to making sure he was ok. However the second injury was frustrating due to the fact we waited about 10 minutes then as the player leaves he stops and does the 'fight on' sign, after we gave him the curtious clap. That was aggrivating, but the sc players were all a little cocky.

On the other hand, Castille was the one that nailed the second guy, since he wasnt getting much reps on offense we should have put him on D maybe he would have given the rb's a concussion as well.