Forgive Me For Being An Optimist, But...

I can only see us getting better from here on. They're the toughest team we'll see all year. From here on out, we should win every single game. No excuses. Our troops will be ready next week.

:bonez:bonez:bonez

:restore :restore :restore

I usually am an optimist too but the writing is on the wall. Cosgrove has the inept ability to coach a defense with a killer instinct let alone simple technique! Arm tackling (bad thing) and watching the cut back runs are taught at the highschool level and enhanced at the college level. It is clear that Cosgrove can't do it! Let alone coach it. I am as big of Husker fan loyal to my coaches as the next guy but it's quite clear Cosgrove has got to go!

I'm not sold on that yet. The black skirts will have to learn how to play the game of football. At this point I'm hoping to pull out of this season with a 9-10 win season, with a north champ and a good bowl game to boost recruiting. But people, we've gotta look at the big picture. We don't want Big XII championships. We want National Championships.

This game was not progress. This was a step backwards. That, I think, scares me the most.

No, I don't think it was a step backwards. I think it was an unmasking of vulnerabilities. Our D was exposed out there, and so, I think, was our O-line (that, or Lucky).

We're far from where we want to be. Time to get started on the right track...I want to see better tackling next game...and against Missouri. If the staff and players are resilient enough, this team will pull through.

but yes, I agree...man, we need to tacke.

No, I don't think it was a step backwards. I think it was an unmasking of vulnerabilities. Our D was exposed out there, and so, I think, was our O-line (that, or Lucky).

We're far from where we want to be. Time to get started on the right track...I want to see better tackling next game...and against Missouri. If the staff and players are resilient enough, this team will pull through.

but yes, I agree...man, we need to tacke.

Our D was exposed with the Wake game if their coach would have just stuck with the run Nu would have had 1 loss going into this game. Lucky for us they kept trying to have that backup qb passing.

You watch and the d-line was just getting pushed all over holes as big as the pipe line use to make. Even when the LB were in position to make a tackle they would try to hand tackle and strip the ball instead of going body. ( where they get the idea that they can strip the ball every play? that has to be bad coaching)