Forgive Me For Being An Optimist, But...

Bingo. This was the #1 team we lost to, and they are #1 for a reason. We didnt lose to Utah or App. State for Christ's sakes.

We'll probably be 3-1 going into conference play. If Keller can play the way he played tonight, he will shred our conference opponents. I saw alot of things I liked tonight, even though we lost.

I did see a few things I didnt like as well, but its nothing that cant be worked on. We wont see players as good as we did today, thats for sure, unless we get to a BCS bowl.

They put 11 more points on us than they did on Idaho. We are terrible. The last 3 scores were gimmies, I think to me and most of the people who are involved in the rankings the score was 17-49 at best.

Actually, the voters (Coaches' poll in particular) seldom see much aside from the score. You think Urban Meyer has time to kick back and watch the UCLA/Utah game? Nope. AP voters are usually too focused on the game they are assigned to cover by their publishers to pay attention to any action from other games besides the score.

I think I'll drink this red kool aid.

Tough but winnable games against Texas and Mizzou but yeah, aside from a USC like beat down against OU in the Big 12 champ, I think we can win the rest.

Actually, OU looks WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than SC. I hate to admit it, but I almost wish we wouldn't win the North, just so we don't have to suffer another embarrassing loss to the freakin Sooners.

I think I'll drink this red kool aid.

Tough but winnable games against Texas and Mizzou but yeah, aside from a USC like beat down against OU in the Big 12 champ, I think we can win the rest.

Actually, OU looks WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than SC. I hate to admit it, but I almost wish we wouldn't win the North, just so we don't have to suffer another embarrassing loss to the freakin Sooners.

Well at least you aren't being melodramatic.

B)-->

QUOTE(Husker B @ Sep 15 2007, 11:50 PM) 214310[/snapback]

Bingo. This was the #1 team we lost to, and they are #1 for a reason. We didnt lose to Utah or App. State for Christ's sakes.

We'll probably be 3-1 going into conference play. If Keller can play the way he played tonight, he will shred our conference opponents. I saw alot of things I liked tonight, even though we lost.

I did see a few things I didnt like as well, but its nothing that cant be worked on. We wont see players as good as we did today, thats for sure, unless we get to a BCS bowl.

I'm on board with you! I see the progress, I loved the fact that we didn't roll over like we easily could have. D-line obviously needs work, but you're right we won't see another team like that (until OU in the big12 championship) this year. Keller showed he can move the ball and the D-line will get better!

I'm not sold on that yet. The black skirts will have to learn how to play the game of football. At this point I'm hoping to pull out of this season with a 9-10 win season, with a north champ and a good bowl game to boost recruiting. But people, we've gotta look at the big picture. We don't want Big XII championships. We want National Championships.

This game was not progress. This was a step backwards. That, I think, scares me the most.

I believe that the next step would be a Big XII Championship win. Since we didn't do it last year, plus if we can beat OU, which I doubt from what I've seen lastnight, that would be huge. A BCS game is a positive season in my book.

A BCS game is a pipe dream. We will be LUCKY to get to the BigXII championship and there we would get pounded by OU. If anyone was at the game they would have seen that we cannot even hang with USC's athleticism and our defense is wwaaaaayyyy too slow. Remember we gave up over 250yds against Wake on the ground and we were worse against USC.

If we can't stop the run then we will lose 2-3 more games this year and finish in the title game if we are lucky. I would love to know why anyone thinks that UT is our only test.....your kidding me and forgot to put up the sarcasm icon, right?

The season's long. Here's to winning out, and by the time we hopefully face off against OU in the Big 12 championship, we'll be a team that can tackle.

And if that happens, all bets are off.

Sorry to inform you, but I see losses on the horizon, many of them. We could EASILY lose to Mizzou, Texas, A&M, KSU, and KU. Will NU lose all of those games? Probably not. Realistically, they will go 2-3 in those games, leaving in at 8-4.