As long as Callahan's the head coach...

You should expect the following:

- A few beat-downs every year, maybe even one or two at home

- Wins at home against comparable talent

- Losses on the road against comparable talent

- Second tier-bowl games and flirting in and out of the top 25 each year

I hope that's good enough for everyone, because that's what we are looking at for the Callahan tenure, however long or short it might be.

Well.... hard to argue with this assesment. Certainly no one knows the future, but you do have to extrapolte from the the past and present to get there. So, I agree with this assessment --- there is no compelling evidence to suggest otherwise.

I would add that to have a program rise dramatically in today's college football requires the super coach --- an Urban Meyer, Rich Rodriguez, a Bob Stoops, a .... put in a handfull of other names.

Whatever Callahan is --- be it a decent coach or a weak one, or, I suppose, even a good one --- there is little doubt that he is not a super one. Thus, it stands to reason that the assessment above describes the most likely case scenario.

Great attitude!

I'd rather rally for cally, since we have him for a long time no matter what anyone says.

Rally for Cally? Heck, I just spent $800 on a pair of USC tickets, so don't suggest I'm a bagger.

I'm just telling you this is the way it is - good, bad, or indifferent.

Unless you're a medium, this is your opinion just like everyone elses. Opinions are like buttholes...everyone has 'em. Not knocking your's. You just kinda made it sound like your opinion was the right one and anyone who thinks anything different is just wrong.

I'm still confident that Cally can get the job done. We have a GREAT recruiting class coming in next year and last year we had our best in a while. I think we're moving in the right direction.

agree. :corndance

I hope that's good enough for everyone, because that's what we are looking at for the Callahan tenure, however long or short it might be.

Well.... hard to argue with this assesment. Certainly no one knows the future, but you do have to extrapolte from the the past and present to get there. So, I agree with this assessment --- there is no compelling evidence to suggest otherwise.

I would add that to have a program rise dramatically in today's college football requires the super coach --- an Urban Meyer, Rich Rodriguez, a Bob Stoops, a .... put in a handfull of other names.

Whatever Callahan is --- be it a decent coach or a weak one, or, I suppose, even a good one --- there is little doubt that he is not a super one. Thus, it stands to reason that the assessment above describes the most likely case scenario.

i wonder how the domers are feeling about charlie weiss right now? sure past performance can

be a measure of future success, but things can get better too.

You just kinda made it sound like your opinion was the right one and anyone who thinks anything different is just wrong.

Well, maybe someday Callahan will prove those of us who think that wrong, but so far he hasn't. Until then, he's right.

until cally proves him wrong he can predict the future? do you think that would go over in vegas? dy your logic I could have predicted in 1993 that we would not win any titles in the 90's and I would have been right because TO hadnt proved me wrong.......

What do you expect to happen that will change it? We've seen who Callahan is, do you think he's all of a sudden going to morph into a different coach? Do you think we'll just all of a sudden magically start playing better on the road and in the 2nd half of games? These problems aren't going to fix themselves. We were a hell of a lot closer in 1993 than we are now.

Great attitude!

I'd rather rally for cally, since we have him for a long time no matter what anyone says.

Rally for Cally? Heck, I just spent $800 on a pair of USC tickets, so don't suggest I'm a bagger.

Unless you're a medium, this is your opinion just like everyone elses. Opinions are like buttholes...everyone has 'em. Not knocking your's. You just kinda made it sound like your opinion was the right one and anyone who thinks anything different is just wrong.

I'm still confident that Cally can get the job done. We have a GREAT recruiting class coming in next year and last year we had our best in a while. I think we're moving in the right direction.

agree. :corndance

koolaid5b.jpg

You just kinda made it sound like your opinion was the right one and anyone who thinks anything different is just wrong.

Well, maybe someday Callahan will prove those of us who think that wrong, but so far he hasn't. Until then, he's right.

until cally proves him wrong he can predict the future? do you think that would go over in vegas? dy your logic I could have predicted in 1993 that we would not win any titles in the 90's and I would have been right because TO hadnt proved me wrong.......

What do you expect to happen that will change it? We've seen who Callahan is, do you think he's all of a sudden going to morph into a different coach? Do you think we'll just all of a sudden magically start playing better on the road and in the 2nd half of games? These problems aren't going to fix themselves. We were a hell of a lot closer in 1993 than we are now.

TO went 20 years without a title..... and then came a few plays away from winning 5 in a row. so yes I think that a coach can adjust. I's not saying it will, and if he cant adapt then he needs to be replaced. but to say it cant is silly. he might have to have changes forced on him like solich did. but lets remember he is a young coach with only a handful of years as a HC.

TO went 20 years without a title..... and then came a few plays away from winning 5 in a row. so yes I think that a coach can adjust. I's not saying it will, and if he cant adapt then he needs to be replaced. but to say it cant is silly. he might have to have changes forced on him like solich did. but lets remember he is a young coach with only a handful of years as a HC.

Try not to compare Callahan to TO yes TO went 20 years without a NC but he had a shot to at least 4 NC durring that span and could have had one if he just kicked the extra point. He also never won less then 9 games a year.

I really don't remember TO getting blown out by anyone the margins Callahan has and could you imagine Osborne coming out in the second half and allowing the same run to beat you time and time again?

About Scalping tickets (buying or selling)...

Nothing wrong with it if that is what you want to do...but it is like Pay Per View boxing....you run the risk of a first round knockout...no guarantee you will see a full scheduled 12 round fight.

You rolled the dice and took your chances...you came up "craps"...

As Stranger and then the Dude said in "Big Lebowski"...

"Some times you eat the bar and sometimes the bar eats you."

Great attitude!

$800 for a pair of tickets...Wow...who cares how much you spend on tickets. Is the cost of your tickets the subject here? How much you spend on your tickets doesn't make you a subject matter expert here. I wish we had some more members of the board that could see the future as well, that would be cool. My guess is, everyone would see the future differently though. Oh well, theres to hoping we can really know what is going to happen before it happens.

perfectly put.`

Try not to compare Callahan to TO yes TO went 20 years without a NC but he had a shot to at least 4 NC durring that span and could have had one if he just kicked the extra point. He also never won less then 9 games a year.

I really don't remember TO getting blown out by anyone the margins Callahan has and could you imagine Osborne coming out in the second half and allowing the same run to beat you time and time again?

yes, BC is not TO. let me point out a few things..... 1st of all WHO IS??? is there on college coach out there that you would honestly take over tom right now? (the answer is NO by the way) also tom inherited a group that had won back to back NT just in the past 2 years, while cally inherited a group that was not nearly as good, and did not run anything close to the type of offense he ran. also college football has greatly changed since then and there is a lot more competition from the smaller schools.

but from reaing your post it seems quite obvious that you expect him to be as good as TO, and those are not fair expectations. give the guy some time

This program didn't get into a hole overnight and it's not going to get out of the hole overnight, either.

There is a whole other aspect to look at. First whether you like BC or not he was the only one to step up and take the job. Remember the debacle that the replacement process was when he was hired. First it was Sanders from KC then the whole Huston Nutt debacle. Did you ever think that not everyone in football thinks that coaching at Nebraska is the best gig out there. May not even be in the top 20. I don't know how the HC process goes but I do know that nobody was beating down the door to get the job other than Pelini and Turner.

Maybe Turner was the guy, maybe not, but we will never know. I was and am as big a fan of Pelini as anyone but if you haven't noticed he still doesn't have a HC job.

Right now BC is the best coach we've got and the best coach we are going to get for quite a while. Maybe we should accept it and go with it. Personally I like what he's done. Is he where I would like. A definate NO but as I said he's the best we have now and the best we can expect for quite some time.

All points that I have repeatedly made and since I was told we are improving, and let's see what happens when we play USC......I am starting to wonder where this improvement is? Please show it to me. We played at home and got destroyed. We gave up as many yds rushing to Wake as they got in total offense against ARMY.

I am willing to listen and not bang on Cally but I would like some sign of us being better. And I would prefer not to hear:

Next years recruits

TO took 20 years (to win a title but BC can't win a big game or be close in one)

Well we're stuck with him, might as well deal with it

The cupboard was bare (it's year 4 now)

Look at Notre Dame (BCS twice with Weiss besides this year and WHO CARES ABOUT NOTRE DAME and what they do?)

I just want some sign that he is the guy to get us 10 wins a year and start being competitive against top talent. If we don't improve dramatically we will not be in the top 25 for another year.