As long as Callahan's the head coach...

Hey that sounds just like our team! Let's see what Off... awww the West Coast Offense strikes again!

I wonder if Callahan and Dorrell compare notes and strategies in the off-season. At least you got beat down by #1 ranked team. No shame in losing to 'SC, pretty much everyone does sooner rather than later. We got lucky last yr. That was all. Lucky.

Always been a Husker fan (Dad was from NE) and went to UCLA. We are eating at the same cursed table and drinking the tainted cool aid. I post here in solidarity with you friends.

You should expect the following:

- A few beat-downs every year, maybe even one or two at home

- Wins at home against comparable talent

- Losses on the road against comparable talent

- Second tier-bowl games and flirting in and out of the top 25 each year

I hope that's good enough for everyone, because that's what we are looking at for the Callahan tenure, however long or short it might be.

Great attitude!

I'd rather rally for cally, since we have him for a long time no matter what anyone says.

Rally for Cally? Heck, I just spent $800 on a pair of USC tickets, so don't suggest I'm a bagger.

I'm just telling you this is the way it is - good, bad, or indifferent.

You bought tickets from a scalper...you deserved your fate.

After 51 years of Husker football I have NEVER paid more than face value for ticket(s)....I have NEVER sold ticket(s) to Husker games...even when I was a student.

Very good point...the $800 you spent does NOTHING for the football program. Only lines the pockets of the individual that sold them to you... <_<

Someone bought the ticket though, and the game was sold out. What difference does it make? He didn't rob the program of anything-- and last I checked, they're doing just fine financially. Cripes, he doesn't have to make sure everything he does benefits an already lucrative system.

You just kinda made it sound like your opinion was the right one and anyone who thinks anything different is just wrong.

Well, maybe someday Callahan will prove those of us who think that wrong, but so far he hasn't. Until then, he's right.

until cally proves him wrong he can predict the future? do you think that would go over in vegas? dy your logic I could have predicted in 1993 that we would not win any titles in the 90's and I would have been right because TO hadnt proved me wrong.......

Again, it's about how we lose, not that we lose. I'd have walked away sad but encouraged to see a 3-point heart breaker, but that helpless showing was not a "quality loss."

I hope that's good enough for everyone, because that's what we are looking at for the Callahan tenure, however long or short it might be.

Sounds a lot like 2002/2003.

I am willing to listen and not bang on Cally but I would like some sign of us being better. And I would prefer not to hear:

Next years recruits

TO took 20 years (to win a title but BC can't win a big game or be close in one)

Well we're stuck with him, might as well deal with it

The cupboard was bare (it's year 4 now)

Look at Notre Dame (BCS twice with Weiss besides this year and WHO CARES ABOUT NOTRE DAME and what they do?)

<crickets>

Sounds a lot like 2002/2003.

Oh there you go again, you just love Frank Solich.

/sarcasm

There is a whole other aspect to look at. First whether you like BC or not he was the only one to step up and take the job. Remember the debacle that the replacement process was when he was hired. First it was Sanders from KC then the whole Huston Nutt debacle. Did you ever think that not everyone in football thinks that coaching at Nebraska is the best gig out there. May not even be in the top 20. I don't know how the HC process goes but I do know that nobody was beating down the door to get the job other than Pelini and Turner.

Maybe Turner was the guy, maybe not, but we will never know. I was and am as big a fan of Pelini as anyone but if you haven't noticed he still doesn't have a HC job.

Right now BC is the best coach we've got and the best coach we are going to get for quite a while. Maybe we should accept it and go with it. Personally I like what he's done. Is he where I would like. A definate NO but as I said he's the best we have now and the best we can expect for quite some time.

I don't blame Callahan at all for taking the job he had no choice it was either assistant in the NFL or Coach for a big name College team.

The blame is solely on Pederson for not reconizing that you can't fire a coach coming off 10-3 season and expect any decent coach to think what a great opportunity.

I really don't remember TO getting blown out by anyone the margins Callahan has and could you imagine Osborne coming out in the second half and allowing the same run to beat you time and time again?

The run defense is on the head of the DC. Coz made no adjustments to his defensive gameplan, and it got us annihilated. Complaining here on the boards will only get us so far, if you want to really make a difference, flood SP & BC with e-mails & letters demanding a solution to the problem that is Kevin Cosgrove. His performance at Wisconsin was mediocre at best, if we want to break free of mediocrity, Coz is not the answer.

The frustrating thing about all of this is that adjustments should have been made at halftime of Wake, or at least prior to taking the field against USC, but I'm willing to bet that the next few games our opponents run the same plays and have similar success.

I just hope I never see a 4 play 96 yard drive again this year or I may just put a brick through my TV

I really don't remember TO getting blown out by anyone the margins Callahan has and could you imagine Osborne coming out in the second half and allowing the same run to beat you time and time again?

The run defense is on the head of the DC. Coz made no adjustments to his defensive gameplan, and it got us annihilated. Complaining here on the boards will only get us so far, if you want to really make a difference, flood SP & BC with e-mails & letters demanding a solution to the problem that is Kevin Cosgrove. His performance at Wisconsin was mediocre at best, if we want to break free of mediocrity, Coz is not the answer.

SP and BC are in bed together, it won't make any difference how many emails are sent. ever wonder why cally was given the contract extendsion BEFORE the USC game? i think they both knew we would not compete very well with them.

Great attitude!

I'd rather rally for cally, since we have him for a long time no matter what anyone says.

Rally for Cally? Heck, I just spent $800 on a pair of USC tickets, so don't suggest I'm a bagger.

I'm just telling you this is the way it is - good, bad, or indifferent.

Unless you're a medium, this is your opinion just like everyone elses. Opinions are like buttholes...everyone has 'em. Not knocking your's. You just kinda made it sound like your opinion was the right one and anyone who thinks anything different is just wrong.

So, you are saying that waiting more than the five years is good for us Husker fans to get used to for another Championship and more patience is in order. In this day and age my friend, the farther you fall behind the harder it is to get back in the mix. I dont care how many classes we get, they haven't been in the top anything according to the big polls and are far behind those that are contending for championships, so get ready to wait until this staff is gone before you see any results and then we will wait another period to see results. Relax in that easy chair because the ride is going to be rough a long time.

I'm still confident that Cally can get the job done. We have a GREAT recruiting class coming in next year and last year we had our best in a while. I think we're moving in the right direction.